forum

- # Space v1.4 [Universal Apocalypse]『AE』[STD] (SD/HD) # -

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeshma

Note: Update v1.4 is now Published.

Well, hello! This is my first post about one of my skins,

Update v1.1 - spinner-rpm and play-skip fixed.
Update v1.2 - Changed Game Mode Selection.
Update v1.3 - Changed pause-reply
Update v1.4 - Changed Ranking-Panel + Pause-Fail Screen

Sounds are from mixkit, for more info see the license

The planet image is from 588ku. Check his another artworks! User Page

The planet images in the Game Mode Selection is from 千图网. Check his another artworks! User Page

I'm gonna straight up give you guys the screenshots and download link, have fun while playing!

Song Selection Menu

Mod Selection

Game Mode Selection

Ranking Screen

Gameplay

Video Preview

Download

-> GDrive <-
McEndu
This is submitted quick
RWBU
Noice skin i must say
Saiyku

McEndu wrote:

This is submitted quick
Almost as if they made it before the contest
Scorblex
🔹 It really has an incredible design!!, Excellent work!!
-aster
It's a very nice skin — something I really like in fact as I'm a huge space junkie — but there are some elements I can't help but notice that take away from the skin as a whole.

The first thing that I noticed was how small cut out area for you stats as player for the selection-mode screen was as the little icon that displays over your rank is cut off, as well as the last digit or two of your rank. I fixed this however by making the area at least 478 x 152 pixels and the turnout is quite nice from what I see. (1)

Looking more into the selection-mode panel though, I noticed that the line before the list of player set leaderboards does this weird thing where it doesn't necessarily overlap this blue line here (2) and that the "Quick web access for this beatmap" button looks out of place with the white background surrounding it and the cutoff at the top. I don't use a lot of skins with custom selection-mode panels, so I'm not sure what's creating these issues amidst the layout you've created it, but I'm sure it's able to be fixed.

There are a couple of others things I don't particularly like such as how the text of the numbers gets distorted as they have to enlarge to show final scores on personal bests, current combos, or leaderboard shown plays as there's only one size for each of the numbers (3) and how the bottom portion of the "ranking-panel" cuts into the top portion of the results screen, but this is another simple issue that can be fixed by moving the bottom half down some. The same thing can be said with the white line that is supposed overlay or hide behind the line from "ranking-title". (4)

As for the gameplay, I love the sleek design of the skin and how simplistic everything looks. I do have a couple of gripes with some of the elements off to the side like the edges that surround the glow of "inputoverlay-background" being a little too rigid (5) and how the inside of the scorebar is empty as it scares me into thinking I failed, but it's actually the bar itself that dissipates as the map drags along.

Overall, this skin is really nice and a great first submission to the skinning forum and I'm looking forward to seeing the skin in it's complete development as I'm totally down to use to play maps that I find lazily browsing around the beatmaps page. I hope my feedback helps you along the way into creating more custom skins like this one as I'm sure many people like me enjoy the aesthetic you're going for in making these skins.

Keep up the great work, NotConsistent. I'm rooting for you 🍺
Topic Starter
Aeshma

B U R R wrote:

It's a very nice skin — something I really like in fact as I'm a huge space junkie — but there are some elements I can't help but notice that take away from the skin as a whole.

The first thing that I noticed was how small cut out area for you stats as player for the selection-mode screen was as the little icon that displays over your rank is cut off, as well as the last digit or two of your rank. I fixed this however by making the area at least 478 x 152 pixels and the turnout is quite nice from what I see. (1)

Looking more into the selection-mode panel though, I noticed that the line before the list of player set leaderboards does this weird thing where it doesn't necessarily overlap this blue line here (2) and that the "Quick web access for this beatmap" button looks out of place with the white background surrounding it and the cutoff at the top. I don't use a lot of skins with custom selection-mode panels, so I'm not sure what's creating these issues amidst the layout you've created it, but I'm sure it's able to be fixed.

There are a couple of others things I don't particularly like such as how the text of the numbers gets distorted as they have to enlarge to show final scores on personal bests, current combos, or leaderboard shown plays as there's only one size for each of the numbers (3) and how the bottom portion of the "ranking-panel" cuts into the top portion of the results screen, but this is another simple issue that can be fixed by moving the bottom half down some. The same thing can be said with the white line that is supposed overlay or hide behind the line from "ranking-title". (4)

As for the gameplay, I love the sleek design of the skin and how simplistic everything looks. I do have a couple of gripes with some of the elements off to the side like the edges that surround the glow of "inputoverlay-background" being a little too rigid (5) and how the inside of the scorebar is empty as it scares me into thinking I failed, but it's actually the bar itself that dissipates as the map drags along.

Overall, this skin is really nice and a great first submission to the skinning forum and I'm looking forward to seeing the skin in it's complete development as I'm totally down to use to play maps that I find lazily browsing around the beatmaps page. I hope my feedback helps you along the way into creating more custom skins like this one as I'm sure many people like me enjoy the aesthetic you're going for in making these skins.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try my best to fix those things! [for now I have exams sorry :(]
-aster

NotConsistent wrote:

B U R R wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try my best to fix those things! [for now I have exams sorry :(]
No worries, don't sweat it! I'll be around when exams are over, still playing new released maps.

Take care for now. You've got this ^^
M4TTYN
Pog
revsaysdesu
one of the nicest skins I've seen
chinyiun
Absolutely awesome and smooth af. The only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't a reverse arrow but I put in komori' noel v5 arrow and it matched perfectly :). Keep up the good work man.
RockRoller
I took a closer look at this skin, since its submitted to the contest, and here are the things I noticed. Just a head ups, I tend to only point out the negative parts, so don't expect a lot of praise.

If you address any of these and want me to look at the skin again feel free to message me either here on osu or on discord.

feedback

General

1. menu-background is missing
  2. there is a lot of fringing in this skin, just use fringe remover
  3. there could be more texturing going on troughout the skin
  4. the space theme isn't as prominent as it could be

Song Selection

1. blue line shouldn't be there, cover it up with white https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/wpMWkTgv.png
  2. that beatmap info icon is just awful https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/wpMWkTgv.png
  3. line goes into the box https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/qe1GCqbg.png
  4. the icons don't fit together well / into the skin, sizing is wrong
  5. could put some planety things for mode-osu
  6. bad way to cover up the user info
  7. catch icon on the mode selection is rotated
  8. mode selection: skinned | not skinned is too promiment, there are better ways to include this
  9. mod icons are quite basic
  10. I think the button would look better without that extra bit hanging off on the side

Gameplay

1. playfield frame is roughly cut
  2. hitcircles dont fit the slider perfectly https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/PXveYiUQ.png
  3. scorebar is only on -color and not on -bg
  4. score-dot/comma is not cropped properly
  5. score-dot/comma/percent are not aligned properly
  6. default reverse arrow
  7. lighting not blanked out

Ranking-Panel

1. wtf is that applause
  2. I believe the ranking-title is from whitecat skin
  3. ranking panel is not detailed enough and the color doesnt fit with the rest
  4. this thing goes to far https://kurisu.s-ul.eu/Y5auj0TT.png
Noreu
pog.
ademos
güzl skin
MyAnklesBend
I was wondering what the song is that plays at the end when you beat a map. Does anyone know what it is?