forum

Memme - NEW Astronomas

posted
Total Posts
show more
UnitedWeSin
zzz

[General]
  1. Preview time is slightly unsnapped. Maybe you want to snap it to 01:26:842?
[Extra]

1. 00:59:842 (1,2) - Maybe a fanning placement is more interesting:
  2. 00:37:904 (1) - I thought you could try a finish on the head for a little more accent as the SV increases.
  3. 01:48:404 (2) - I'd move it up one grid. It looks better against 01:48:779 (1) imo.
  4. 02:01:154 (1) - NC is necessary here? Not a problem, just asking.
[Color's Another]

1. 00:09:779 (5) - I think it can have nicer flow if you move it more downwards like so:
    Example

You can try something similar. I thought the current pattern didn't flow very well.
  2. 00:14:373 (8,9) - Since this is the first time you introduce this rhythm in the map, I think it would be better to use smaller spacing (<1.25?). It will be easier on the player. You used the largest spacing the first time this rhythm appeared, which I found to be unintuitive.
  3. 00:36:029 (1) - Maybe it needs to be adjusted for symmetry in the pattern. 1 grid left and rotated 3 degrees clockwise?
  4. 00:37:904 (2) - A NC is nice to signify the 1/4 jump and set it apart from similar 1/2 spacing in the section.
  5. 00:51:685 (7,1) - Switch NC's is more interesting with the music and your placements imo. Try it.
  6. 00:54:685 (7,1) - ^
[Advanced]

1. 00:36:404 (1) - I tried to read your comment to Jacob on this but I couldn't really understand the reasoning for not having a NC on the spinner.
  2. 01:26:279 (1,2) - It's hard to understand in play how these notes are fitting to the music since there isn't a particular rhythm they are mapped to. I'd prefer it you deleted these. The pause would fit that section much better. Don't forget a NC on 01:26:654 (3).
[Priti's Hyper]
  1. 00:12:967 - Really felt like a note missing here. Can you consider adding one around (60,12) to continue your pattern? Or maybe replace 5 with a 1/2 slider?
  2. 00:57:967 (6,7,1,2) - The rhythm drifts a bit from the music here. Variation is nice but I don't think this upbeat slider 00:58:342 (7) works very well. Please consider a rhythm that would have something on the downbeat there. Here is an example:
    Or try a different rhythm.
  3. 01:00:217 (1) - Spinner missing a NC.
  4. 01:26:842 (2) - Missed normal finish on the end?
  5. 01:29:185 (4) - Consider NC since the music/rhythm becomes quite different. If you decide to add it, add it to later similar patterns as well.
[Normal]
  1. Seems fine.
Nice mapset. :)
Let me know when you're done checking these.
Avena

UnitedWeSin wrote:

[Priti's Hyper]
  1. 00:12:967 - Really felt like a note missing here. Can you consider adding one around (60,12) to continue your pattern? Or maybe replace 5 with a 1/2 slider? Changed 5 into a 1/2 slider.
  2. 00:57:967 (6,7,1,2) - The rhythm drifts a bit from the music here. Variation is nice but I don't think this upbeat slider 00:58:342 (7) works very well. Please consider a rhythm that would have something on the downbeat there. Here is an example: Changed 7 into a triple.
    Or try a different rhythm.
  3. 01:00:217 (1) - Spinner missing a NC. Charles intended to do it to balance the HP Drain, unchanged for now but I will let Charles decide if he wants to change it or not.
  4. 01:26:842 (2) - Missed normal finish on the end? Added
  5. 01:29:185 (4) - Consider NC since the music/rhythm becomes quite different. If you decide to add it, add it to later similar patterns as well. Added for now, Charles can feel free to veto that if it messes up with the HP Drain too much.
Thank you for the mod~
http://puu.sh/6QRPF.osu
Cyclohexane

UnitedWeSin wrote:

[Color's Another]

1. 00:09:779 (5) - I think it can have nicer flow if you move it more downwards like so:
    Example

You can try something similar. I thought the current pattern didn't flow very well.
    Ohhh, nice. I like this. Definitely changed it.
  2. 00:14:373 (8,9) - Since this is the first time you introduce this rhythm in the map, I think it would be better to use smaller spacing (<1.25?). It will be easier on the player. You used the largest spacing the first time this rhythm appeared, which I found to be unintuitive. I really don't think it matters much because the player will know that this is a 1/2 gap regardless, so I think this is fine as is.
  3. 00:36:029 (1) - Maybe it needs to be adjusted for symmetry in the pattern. 1 grid left and rotated 3 degrees clockwise? Sure.
  4. 00:37:904 (2) - A NC is nice to signify the 1/4 jump and set it apart from similar 1/2 spacing in the section. Actually, this would make people believe this is a 1/2 jump, I believe. With the help of the AR and the followpoints the player can easily assume this is a 1/4 jump (not to mention if they listen to the music, they'll definitely get it)
  5. 00:51:685 (7,1) - Switch NC's is more interesting with the music and your placements imo. Try it. I used to be doing that before, but a NC on the end of a stream looks awful, and I'm basing it on the melody here, so the NC usage makes more sense that way, in my opinion.
  6. 00:54:685 (7,1) - ^ ^
Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
Charles445

UnitedWeSin wrote:

zzz

[General]
  1. Preview time is slightly unsnapped. Maybe you want to snap it to 01:26:842? It's meant to be well before the beat so it doesn't swallow the beat.
[Extra]

1. 00:59:842 (1,2) - Maybe a fanning placement is more interesting:
    I'm going for rigid, stark movement downwards here as it's two sliders that are perfect duplicates of each other. They match the bass booming in the bg.
  2. 00:37:904 (1) - I thought you could try a finish on the head for a little more accent as the SV increases. Others have it so yeah
  3. 01:48:404 (2) - I'd move it up one grid. It looks better against 01:48:779 (1) imo. I want a tight blanket
  4. 02:01:154 (1) - NC is necessary here? Not a problem, just asking. Slight HP boost, emphasize double beats (like the two vertical pointing down sliders were in the previous part)
[Advanced]

1. 00:36:404 (1) - I tried to read your comment to Jacob on this but I couldn't really understand the reasoning for not having a NC on the spinner. The idea is that the 1 slider would be too combo spammy, so by removing the combo on the spinner it evens out the amount of combos in the difficulty. It's very specific combo-ing.
  2. 01:26:279 (1,2) - It's hard to understand in play how these notes are fitting to the music since there isn't a particular rhythm they are mapped to. I'd prefer it you deleted these. The pause would fit that section much better. Don't forget a NC on 01:26:654 (3). It's the clicks in the background, most of the diffs map to it in some way
Thanks a lot! I'll update with the others' diffs as well.
UnitedWeSin
Seems good.
Avena
Gogogo :3
Topic Starter
Charles445

UnitedWeSin wrote:

Seems good.
omg thx

Hooray for 9 month development time
Secretpipe
Why it isn't ranked ?
GOGOGO :D
Nyquill
ambience samples
Asphyxia
Graz guys ! 8-)
Secretpipe
Gratz :D/
Avena
Gratz Charles and Mr Color~ and myself
Topic Starter
Charles445
Fun time GO
captin1
nice, grats!
LunarSakuya
awesome \o/
Irreversible
gz o:
Faust
Sometimes I see nice things when I stay up till 5+ AM.

Congratulations.
meiikyuu
grats
Natteke
Seph
nooooooooooob

finally <3
Selisi
congraz~
Zero__wind
I don't know why but I have to say that this map just suddenly made me learn how to stream 160 lol
I used to be real bad at it =.=
congratz~
[ Mephisto ]
Finally :D
Oracle
YES
Memme is justice!
Cyclohexane
Always a pleasure to guest diff for you, Charles.