forum

Zips - Mushikui Psychedelism

posted
Total Posts
show more
dkun
Will be doing a full mod on this set seeing as I don't agree with some of the sliders in the Broccoly diff. (Lach gets them spot on.)

I can play it just fine, too.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

dkun wrote:

Will be doing a full mod on this set seeing as I don't agree with some of the sliders in the Broccoly diff. (Lach gets them spot on.)

I can play it just fine, too.
ok
Gloria Guard
This thread is not the place to fight also it is not the place to complain.
This is map problems to be resolved, so please do not fight. :o
Lach

Gloria Guard wrote:

Where is the correct place to post about unrankable issues, if not here?

osu.ppy.sh/ss/988271
Topic Starter
Broccoly
뱃한테 불만있는건 아니고.. 래크가 맵 랭크될때부터 시비걸더니 언랭되니깐 와서 불난 집에 불지르네요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 참나ㅋㅋㅋ
모딩제안 있으면 얌전하게 말하던가 슬라가 ㅈ같고 플레이하기가 ass같다길래 순간 욱했네요 ㅈㅅ..
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Lach wrote:

Gloria Guard wrote:

Where is the correct place to post about unrankable issues, if not here?

osu.ppy.sh/ss/988271
i don't mind posting the issues but i mind the language duh
Gloria Guard
You don't used the penis word because it can lead to a fight, I say.
so If you Unrankable issue say here, you use the correct word.

and okay I will not say anymore, sorry.
17VA
Hmmm...a great map but i dont understand tht guy call it penis.
Dark Fang
언랭클라스
Nyquill
Hey guys please we throw the word penis around as a joke please don't take it so seriously.

I MAKE PENIS SLIDERS ALL THE TIME :D

Is the sliderslide/tick issue fixed yet? I think we can push this map through if I get word from dkun and the hitsounding is fixed.
Frostmourne
b....b..but a penis slider is probably unrankable, why you do this Niq :<<<< (take an example from the last slider in Big money)
Lach

Nyquill wrote:

Is the sliderslide/tick issue fixed yet?
Looks like there's silent ticks but audible slide on the start, but it still has a 105 bpm section. It's exactly half of the maps actual bpm, and is used only for slider manipulation.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Nyquill wrote:

Hey guys please we throw the word penis around as a joke please don't take it so seriously.

I MAKE PENIS SLIDERS ALL THE TIME :D

Is the sliderslide/tick issue fixed yet? I think we can push this map through if I get word from dkun and the hitsounding is fixed.
I fixed and updated it but dkun haven't checked it yet i think..

Frostmourne wrote:

b....b..but a penis slider is probably unrankable, why you do this Niq :<<<< (take an example from the last slider in Big money)
it's a different kind of penis slider with no stop (omg i can't believe i'm admitting it)

Lach wrote:

Looks like there's silent ticks but audible slide on the start, but it still has a 105 bpm section. It's exactly half of the maps actual bpm, and is used only for slider manipulation.
why do you think that section's bpm is 210? Is there a musical evidence in that part that suggests it is 210 apart from the fact that the latter part of the song is 210?
Lach

Broccoly wrote:

why do you think that section's bpm is 210? Is there a musical evidence in that part that suggests it is 210 apart from the fact that the latter part of the song is 210?
Just because it sounds slow does not mean there's a tempo change. 420 bpm is a multiple of 210, are you going to add a 420 bpm section just because it sounds faster than the rest of the song? Should just map everything in random multiples for faster/slower sliders yeah.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Lach wrote:

Broccoly wrote:

Just because it sounds slow does not mean there's a tempo change. 420 bpm is a multiple of 210, are you going to add a 420 bpm section just because it sounds faster than the rest of the song? Should just map everything in random multiples for faster/slower sliders yeah.
There's a difference between 'it sounds slow' and 'it is slow'. This case it's the latter since the music indicates no clue of 210 and fits better to the 105 if you actually count the beat. Go to the timing tab and listen to the tick with and without pressing control in the 105 part. Which one sounds more natural? To you it may look like a 'random multiple' but it really isn't in this case. Should just ask Zips if you're that confident to the point where you're being condescending.
Rakuen
:o what happened
Goji_old_1
hmm, are you sure the title isn't "mushikui saikede rhythm"? i noticed this got unranked while looking through my maps, so i investigated a plausible cause. apparently the title wasn't the problem, but i still think it is incorrect as it is.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Xyridian wrote:

hmm, are you sure the title isn't "mushikui saikede rhythm"? i noticed this got unranked while looking through my maps, so i investigated a plausible cause. apparently the title wasn't the problem, but i still think it is incorrect as it is.
yeah I think saikede is right (psychedelism & saikede rhythm word play)
Topic Starter
Broccoly
Haaai

just wondering... does it usually take this long to rerank a map? I mean, the original problem were only the hitsound and the tag.
I know some bats might not agree with sliders in Broccoly diff but it's not unrankable right? (If it is, then there's a serious discrepancy between bats about ranking criteria for sliders.. since the bubble-bat and the rank-bat didn't say anything)
the GDers and I don't really care about the star rating... so I wish we could just move on..
neurosis
pro map
good luck with reranking~
Moway

Broccoly wrote:

Haaai

just wondering... does it usually take this long to rerank a map? I mean, the original problem were only the hitsound and the tag.
I know some bats might not agree with sliders in Broccoly diff but it's not unrankable right? (If it is, then there's a serious discrepancy between bats about ranking criteria for sliders.. since the bubble-bat and the rank-bat didn't say anything)
the GDers and I don't really care about the star rating... so I wish we could just move on..
It's not supposed to be that long; this map should have been a priority for the BAT. Hopefully this will get looked at soon.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

emmy wrote:

pro map
good luck with reranking~
Thanks!

Moway wrote:

Broccoly wrote:

Haaai

It's not supposed to be that long; this map should have been a priority for the BAT. Hopefully this will get looked at soon.
yeah,,, I wonder what they are doing... I feel sorry to the players who worked hard to get in to top 50 not only because their score got wiped out but also because they'll have to play some more to get used to the map once again since they likely got unfamiliar with the map over time.. at least partially.. since it's taking quite a long time to rerank
Quentin_old_1
I still love this map, it's silly that it's taking this long to get reranked. Hopefully it will be back soon!
linked
Why does it takes so long to rerank?
Its a such a good song to practice over 200 bpm(at least for me)
I'm waiting for it to be reranked for like half a month now :(
captin1
agreed, this is pretty ridiculous how long this has taken, over a couple very minor issues

why aren't unranks at the top of the pending list?
Natsu

Well this is really sad...
Kurai
[Broccoly]
  1. What's the point of naming this difficulty with your username ? I can understand when guest-differs do that, but not when it's the uploader, makes no sense.
  2. 01:32:675 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This pattern is rather messy and is not very interesting to play either. You should try to re-arrange this pattern in a less condensed way and it'd be perfect.
  3. 01:51:175 (2) - Try not to place this circle under 01:50:104 (2). It might be confusing for not-so-good players because the circle is under a hitburst. It's an easy fix and it won't ruin your pattern, so please do that for the sake of noob players :P
  4. 01:54:247 (5) - You might want to add a new combo mark here to emphasize the vocals and the end of the kiai time.
  5. 02:48:104 (1,2,3,4) - I like the concept of this pattern, but it is not easily readable, because the head of (3) is under (1). Something lie on my screenshot looks cooler and is more readable :
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Kurai wrote:

[Broccoly]
  1. What's the point of naming this difficulty with your username ? I can understand when guest-differs do that, but not when it's the uploader, makes no sense. I just wanted to emphasize because I personally recall maps with the diff name, not the mapper's.. but it's ok if the mapper wants it, right?
  2. 01:32:675 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This pattern is rather messy and is not very interesting to play either. You should try to re-arrange this pattern in a less condensed way and it'd be perfect. I mapped that pattern based on the base line there... and I really really want to keep it u.u
  3. 01:51:175 (2) - Try not to place this circle under 01:50:104 (2). It might be confusing for not-so-good players because the circle is under a hitburst. It's an easy fix and it won't ruin your pattern, so please do that for the sake of noob players :P Hmm I don't quite get it because those two circles have more than one seconds of interval; I've never seen players who use hitbursts that last more than a second....and I've seen numerous test-plays but not one player missed it. Also, this diff is aimed at more experienced players... not the newbies.. If this was meant to be played by newbies why would I bother to map streams? you know what I mean? lol xD
  4. 01:54:247 (5) - You might want to add a new combo mark here to emphasize the vocals and the end of the kiai time. Fixed. Good point.
  5. 02:48:104 (1,2,3,4) - I like the concept of this pattern, but it is not easily readable, because the head of (3) is under (1). Something lie on my screenshot looks cooler and is more readable : Ah yes, I wanted to rearrange that pattern too. Fixed in my own way. Should be better now. But thanks for the screenshot, it helped.
Thanks so much for taking your time to mod. almost three weeks of waiting was painful. :<
Kurai
Okay, one more thing before I rebubble. The Artist and Name of the song have been discussed internally, because this song is already ranked with a different artist name : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/87547
It happens that the artist name you use is the correct one, but the song name should be changed.

I'll just quote SG because there is no need for me to explain what he already explained, kudos to him :p

SapphireGhost wrote:

Zips is on Vocaloid Wiki and appears to be correct. じっぷす = jippusu = Zips. However, it's also worth looking at the punny title: ムシクイサイケデリズム = mushikui saikede rizumu = Mushikui Saikede Rhythm OR Mushikui Psychedelism. Personally I'd actually use the second one, Vocaloid Wiki seems to be using the same method of romanising titles as this thread which is aiming to become the enforced standard.
→ Then the name should be Mushikui Psychedelism
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Kurai wrote:

Okay, one more thing before I rebubble. The Artist and Name of the song have been discussed internally, because this song is already ranked with a different artist name : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/87547
It happens that the artist name you use is the correct one, but the song name should be changed.

I'll just quote SG because there is no need for me to explain what he already explained, kudos to him :p

SapphireGhost wrote:

Zips is on Vocaloid Wiki and appears to be correct. じっぷす = jippusu = Zips. However, it's also worth looking at the punny title: ムシクイサイケデリズム = mushikui saikede rizumu = Mushikui Saikede Rhythm OR Mushikui Psychedelism. Personally I'd actually use the second one, Vocaloid Wiki seems to be using the same method of romanising titles as this thread which is aiming to become the enforced standard.
→ Then the name should be Mushikui Psychedelism
Okay, what I want to know is that if the pun (rhythm and -lism) is intended by the artist or not. If it is intended, then it is right to use saikede rhythm because it can convey both psychedelism and psychede-rhythm in contrast to only using psychedelism as the title. If it's not intended by the artist but is a result of some translators interpreting it as a pun (since rhythm and -lism are both リズム in Japanese), then it'd be right to use psychedelism.
In my opinion, it is intended by the artist because psychedelism is not a real English word; the artist probably made it up just to make it a pun.
Like SG said, and according to that thread, both saikede rhythm and psychedelism are correct.
If you ask me, I'd say I'm sticking with saikede rhythm. But if anybody knows the artist's intention, please tell me.
Garven
I just did a quick glance at a youtube translation, so it's probably not the most accurate thing in the world, but the story isn't really lending itself towards the rhythm end of this name. Proper English word or not, English is flexible enough that you can understand what is being relayed with this particular conjugation.

Also, considering the prequel to this song is ヘイセイカタクリズム, it's pretty easy to see that this follows the convention, but is a proper word this time, so it'd be Cataclysm. Following that up with a translation to Rhythm doesn't seem to fit well.
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Garven wrote:

I just did a quick glance at a youtube translation, so it's probably not the most accurate thing in the world, but the story isn't really lending itself towards the rhythm end of this name. Proper English word or not, English is flexible enough that you can understand what is being relayed with this particular conjugation.

Also, considering the prequel to this song is ヘイセイカタクリズム, it's pretty easy to see that this follows the convention, but is a proper word this time, so it'd be Cataclysm. Following that up with a translation to Rhythm doesn't seem to fit well.
Aah good point... ok I'll change it to psychedelism some time tomorrow since I don't have time atm.
Thanks!!
Garven
After a glance at the map itself, set BPM to 210 for the entire mp3. You'll have to adjust your slider speed at the start by editing the .osu to change the SV multiplier. If you don't know how to do this, feel free to ask me or any member of the staff and they should be able to help you.

As for the difficulty name convention, since you have an Easy and Normal, then you switch to special names, it would at least be labeled better if you set it as "Name's Difficulty Level" instead of just the name. We all know that star ratings can screw up the order of the osu difficulty display, so there is zero indication as to whether you'll be playing a Hard or Insane until you jump into the waters.
Kurai

Garven wrote:

As for the difficulty name convention, since you have an Easy and Normal, then you switch to special names, it would at least be labeled better if you set it as "Name's Difficulty Level" instead of just the name. We all know that star ratings can screw up the order of the osu difficulty display, so there is zero indication as to whether you'll be playing a Hard or Insane until you jump into the waters.
Before I rebubble I really wish you could fix that, it's really confusing as it is right now. :/
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Kurai wrote:

Garven wrote:

Before I rebubble I really wish you could fix that, it's really confusing as it is right now. :/
It's actually not a zero indication because I wrote which diff is which in the map description, which shows up right next to 'download beatmap' button.
I'd fix them if the diff naming rule has changed but I don't see why it's necessary.. is it that important for the players to prepare..? It doesn't hurt or anything when 'you jump into the waters'....
Also one can tell the difficulty by looking at the number of hitobjects in the diff.. it is pretty much proven to work fairly well
I am really really sorry to keep you concerned for such a small thing Kurai.. but the gders too are not really willing to change it and asking why they have to.
Since it's not a major problem, could you just rebubble as it is now please? Thanks a ton..
Kurai
Ok, if you want, but I really don't understand.
Topic Starter
Broccoly
Thanks!!!
captin1
:D go go go rerank
YGOkid8
more often than not if people don't know what difficulty it is, rather than check the beatmap description where it might or might not be there, they'll play a bit of each diff. to figure out what difficulty they are. so yeah, please rename the difficulty names so that they reflect the difficulty. there's also no need to call your extra diff. Broccoly, just use Extra or whatever else you want to use. anyway.

General:
  1. You might want to resnap your objects ;)
Easy:
00:52:675 (2) - Rotate slider shape by 90 degrees clockwise? Just thought it'd look / play a bit nicer.
01:07:532 (2,3) - As you have a spinner afterwards, I would highly recommend repositioning (3) so it goes towards the centre of the screen for the spinner. See screenshot for what I mean:
01:40:675 (4) - Feels a bit close to the previous (3), readjust?
01:49:247 (4) - I feel this would play better if you move it to x:188 y:312.
02:27:533 - Adjust the break length so that it starts here instead, like what you did with the previous break.
02:52:390 (1,1) - Position like this? I think it'd look and play better:

Normal:
00:21:818 (5) - New combo here so you're consistent with your comboing (every 8 white ticks).
00:54:961 (1) - Remove NC so you're consistent with your comboing.
01:38:390 (1) - This one doesn't matter as much as it's pretty stacky, but I will suggest removing NC nonetheless. This one is okay if you choose not to do it though.

Tari:
  1. Hard+? This is definitely an Insane difficulty, but that aside it's a really good diff.
00:18:390 (5,1) - Switch NCs for consistency of comboing (every 4 white ticks).
00:21:818 (5) - NC here for consistency.
00:26:390 (5,1) - Switch NC for yeah.
01:02:390 (1,3) - You've gone to every ~8 white ticks now, which is pretty weird, but not a big deal. Anyway switch NCs here.
01:45:818 (1,3) - Switch again.
02:39:532 (1,2) - ^

Guard Up!:
  1. Joy, another Insane diff. Solid diff nonetheless, you mapped the beginning quite well.
01:04:390 (1) - No need to NC here.
01:50:104 (1) - ^
02:43:818 (1,2) - Switchy of NC (see what you had previously).
02:52:104 (3,4,5,6,7) - No NCs here but you do it 01:58:390 (1,2,1,2,1) - here? Now that I look, the first time is different too. Consistency please!

Broccoly:
  1. In terms of difficulty, your "Extra" is easier if not the same as Gloria's diff. In terms of how well they're mapped, I would say Gloria's one comes out on top. We don't need two diffs. of same difficulty, so I suggest scrapping one of the two. If you had a proper hard to fill in the gap from your "Normal" and "Hard+", you would have a fantastic mapset with a fantastic difficulty spread. Well it is asking a lot at this point, but food for thought.
  2. Not really much else to say, apart from I think it's the weakest diff. in the mapset. Doesn't flow as well both in terms of rhythm and beatplacement, as well as most slider art looking average and forced.
That's it I guess.
Tari
Considering the gap between the harder diffs and my diff

I would consider my diff "Hard" in terms of the song, not the general standard evaluation of a typical "Hard" diff.

Yes there are borderline in terms of a difficulty being defined as "Hard" "Normal" and "Easy" but I don't think I broke the borderlines, I just mapped according to my taste and still having a distinctive sense on certain things.

Oh and at first try, to see if my difficulty is hard, well its not but your talking about the spread here, how can you tell the spread unless you played all of the other diffs in the map.

Diff name is just a label nothing else.
show more