forum

Where do you look when you're playing?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nidert
Always looking under sliders for hidden notes
Karazeru
It's pretty messed up and random for me. My eyes twitches all over like instincts of knowing where to look before they appear. I'm a really weird rhythm lover. Nonetheless, I tested now just for this thread and notice I like to focus 2-3 notes ahead or so.
TakuMii
My cursor follows my eyes, but when there are patterns or jumps that are too fast to directly follow, I look in between the notes. When I'm playing hidden my eyes get a bit more shifty because I don't want to miss any hidden notes that appear under sliders.
buny
wherever my cursor is going to go
Qplayer
Depends on the map. Unless I'm attempting a jump, usually my eyes on the cursor while looking at the map as a whole map peripherally. If there's jump, my eyes will lock onto the note before I move my cursor there and that seems to improve my chances for landing right on it. If I keep missing the jump, I try to lock on to the note with my eyes earlier.
Starry-
I look at a mix of both looking generally at the whole play area and looking at each individual note. I tend to look at each individual note more when attempting weird / hard jump patterns or tricky sliders.
winber1
at koromo
Naikaze

Aqo wrote:

I look mostly at the accuracy display and at the spectator list.
Park-Hyun
My acc. Not a brilliant idea, though.
Sotodashi
Blindly into the night.
Amelia
When playing Hard or slow songs middle of screen and when playing insane or really fast songs i just look at the notes.
-Soba-

winber1 wrote:

at koromo
GoldenWolf

-Soba- wrote:

winber1 wrote:

at koromo
Hikaros

-Soba- wrote:

winber1 wrote:

at koromo
sCam
look at where the first note of the combo starts, snap to it, hit the following notes, then rinse and repeat.

srsly this what I do. I never look at the cursor, that's really hard to do on ar9/10 maps when trying to fc.
Winshley

Aqo wrote:

I look mostly at the accuracy display and at the spectator list.

buny wrote:

wherever my cursor is going to go
^ These, plus the progress pie on the top right corner at the beginning of the map. (Well, I often memorize the whole map anyway... :roll:)
Kanye West

-Soba- wrote:

winber1 wrote:

at koromo
neurosis

-Soba- wrote:

winber1 wrote:

at koromo
koromo
XK2238
Taiko: right side :Idon'tsay:
Std: center of the screen, I stare there instead of aiming =v=
Anzo
just spacing out...

and long progress bar below the screen...