forum

Spring 2013 Anime Season First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh
Oh uh, there seems to be a mistake in the spreadsheet; I haven't watched Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san at all; my like should go to the slot below, for Yahari Ore no Seishun
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Problem fixed, sry about that, but next time there is an error please fix it yourself since you do have full access to the spreadsheet and I really don't want to do all the inputs myself.
[Maid] NekoRyo
Date Alive - well i already read the manga :3 so.. i wasn't aspect too much from it :D but it's still good

Shingeki No Kyojin - Badass lol xDD looking forward to this!

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru - i already read this manga also :3 so..it's a bit spoiler :d

Suisei no Gargantia - i like it so far :3 it has the unique storyline

Oreimo S2 - well :D the story is becoming more intense x3 i hope it will get a good ending!
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Yuyushiki:
A moe show that I didn't find that funny...How can that be? T_T Add on lackluster aniamtion....Dropped.

Toaru Kaguku no Railgun S:
It's railgun, need I say more. This time it is acutally following the manga's plot, yay. Any shortage in animation, very tiny bit here and there, but they definitely have a decent looking series. Also, the typical humor you expect from railgun is there as well. If you enjoyed first season, you should definitely watch this. If you are new to the series, try it out.

Valvrave the Liberator:
Finally a decent looking mech show for the season. However, humor wasn't that strong and plot seems incredibly generic besides the ending. I'll watch for a bit longer before I judge.

Mushibugyo
Seven Arcs, please tell me that the money you are saving on this show is going toward the 3rd Nanoha movie. Weak on animation, plot, and humor. I'll stick with reading the manga.
Faust

Mogsworth wrote:

Aku no Hana - Fuck the haters, this show is brilliant. Yes, the rotoscoping may look ugly, but you have to look at this within the overall context of the story. It's subject matter that's pretty skeevy (at least in the original source) that seems like it'd be fetishized with standard anime designs. It's too subdued for live action, however. The animation doesn't always work, but it paints a realistic picture of the scenario. The pacing here is perfect, and the major winner here is the atmosphere. Holy shit, what an unrelentingly tense atmosphere. This show is brimming with potential for traumatizing experiences, but with such mastery over itself, that being one that stays with you long after you watch it, combined with some honestly good writing...well, you've got one of the best shows of the season.
On another note, I am not liking where Devil Survivor 2 is going. It's still really early, and honestly character portrayals are looking silly. Io is more fragile than a dead leaf for one. Buuuuuuuuut that's just me having preconceived expecations based on my experience and attachment to the original game.

Probably gets a lot better.
Scarlet Devil_old_1
Haven't seen all the anime that came out this season but oh well

Aku no Hana: This anime has caught my interest. Not with the animation but the creepy as hell vibes coming from it and oh god the ED...

Date A Live: I'm dropping the anime because I just don't like it, I just gonna continue reading the light novels (which are better btw)

Oregairu: Thought it was gonna be typical romcom stuff but I was wrong and I'm loving it.

Photokano: I usually stick around through harems but I just don't like this one I hate it, even didn't finish the 1st episode lol

Devil Survivor 2: I watch it but I dropped it, not because I don't like it though. I didn't play the game to it and don't want to get spoiled somehow idk

Oreimo S2: Eh, I just glad it got a second season but I'll stick around and might come to like it
Magicphoenix
Suisei no Gargantia

fk yes i like dis
Scarlet Devil_old_1
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: Though it was gonna be about a dude obsessed in cutting people hair, but the plot is decent imo. Like

Shingeki no Kyoujin: I fucking loving this show, need I say more?
Kyonko Hizara
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S:
It's railgun, that's all there is to say. It's everything I hoped it was going to be from what I've watched of it and it is following the manga's plot, which is an up from me. I definitely suggest this to anyone looking for a new series to watch.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Suisei no Gargantia (episode 2):
People call Devil Survivor 2nd ep boring with the amount of talking it has, but then there is this. Talking with little/no drama for about 20min, and then op robot saves the day....Dropping this before I fall asleep

Karneval: (finally got around to it)
Action scenes here are fairly detailed, and look quite decent at times....but the people seem to have a poor sense of physics. The twin tail girl has some super stiff hair that doesn't move at all when she fights. In addition, the show doesn't explain things that well or keep a sense of tension. As a result, I
have mixed feelings when watching the show. In one instance, I am bored. The next instantance, I am excited. After that, I am slightly bored/confused, and it goes on like that. I think I'll have to wait till later to make a decision.

I'm a little worried at how rushed Data A Live is, but I'll comment on that when 3rd ep comes out.
Suntears
Aku no Hana:After watching the end of episode 2, I decided no god can be any help for this show and erased this show from my pc and from my memory. What a stunning animation it was, MY ASS!! It's so bad that I need to watch 5 episode of K-ON! so I can get sleep without any worry about nightmare. If you like the story, go read the manga instead.

Toaru kagaku no Railgun S:Everything that has Misaka Mikoto on the line are epic by defahult :p Jokes aside, the first episode is good here and there, they showed up the queen so damn early and we even have Meltdowner in the opening. Female Level 5s are taking care the show properly.[/color]
Mogsy
I refuse to add further comment on Aku no Hana since people seem to not be able to look past skin-deep elements.

But yeah, I'm an episode behind on titles already, but I figured I should still post first-episode impressions.

1. Valvrave the Liberator - Only a blue purely due to its quality, enjoyment level would put this firmly into the green. I'm quite enjoying this stupid little show, with a plot that harkens back to older, simpler mech days. We are living in a post-Geass world and it shows here, with stunning animation and an ending twist that's pretty dumb, but I'm looking forward to more.
  2. Yuyushiki - Boring. Dull. It's yet another moe show. It's more tolerable than most until it goes into the flirtatious humor. Still less annoying than Date A Live (certainly more harmless than it) and Nyaruko W.
  3. Arata Kangatari - Yuu Watase doing a shonen fantasy-action show? Well, now. The execution in this first episode is rather generic, but I do like the way Watase's art style is captured in this as opposed to Celes and Fushigi Yugi. This show still needs to prove itself, though.
  4. Mushibugyo - Lower rung of the long list of blues here. It's pretty pants-on-head dumb, and the animation isn't up to snuff, and the fanservice is distracting. However, there's this simple, old-school charm to it that makes it entertaining, at the very least.
KuroyuriArlovS
I'm not good at giving reviews/impressions and my thoughts are heavily affected by my weird taste of anime so uh pardon

Aku no Hana
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who actually like this series. Sure the characters don't look as good as in the manga, but I haven't read the manga so I don't care.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
I've been following Crime Edge manga since the first two chapter is out online (and then went hiatus for a long time probably?or i just forgot to check for update again.. because i remember not reading it again for a long time until the anime is announced) and I don't think the anime adaption is bad. Animation is smooth and beautiful, Iwai looks cuter than in the manga.

Date A Live
The first episode really caught my interest and the second episode is even better. Cute characters, enjoyable, not-awkward fanservices. Can't wait for the rest of the characters to show up.

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
I kind of wish they'd make Devil Survivor anime (because i like the heroine hohuho) instead of Devil Survivor 2 but it's ok. The pace may kind of feel rushed at the first episode, but story is interesting so worth to watch. I love the characters, can't wait for Ureu Mono to get his episode instead of appearing for a short time in the middle or end of the episode.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W
Watched this because I enjoyed the first season, and the second season didn't disappoint me. Love the OP, no storyline yet I think? are there even any ever but their randomness is amusing as always

Karneval
Uh how should I say this... people were hyping about Karneval anime before it was out but maybe because I didn't read the manga, it's pretty disappointing. Usually I find characters like Nai adorable but him is just ugh nearly on the line to my 'annoying-characters-list'. Tsukumo is really pretty tho so I guess I'll give it another chance.

Oreimo 2
Watched this because I watched the first season, and Kirino's still as annoying as ever.

RDG - Red Data Girl
Has potential to be good if the relationship between the servant boy and the main girl character don't change throughout the story, but I guess they'll bud romantic relationship sooner or later so orz. Animation is amazing as expected from P.A Works.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S
I miss the Railgun and Index cast!!!(except there won't be any Index in this season probably) The first episode reminds me of how much I used to love To Aru Kagaku no Railgun ah especially more characters from the manga will appear in this season so can't wait for the next episode.

Yuyushiki
Aghogh the animation is not good and the character design and story are boring... probably similar to YuruYuri (except YuruYuri is way better in every aspect). Except you enjoy watching girls talking about random boring stuff and whatnot (like I do), don't watch.

also, plan to watch
Arata Kangatari
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
Hataraku Maou-sama
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Suisei no Gargantia
Valvrave the Liberator
Zettai Bouei Leviathan
and UtaPri MAJI LOVE 2000% but I haven't watched the first season and am too lazy to so o<-<

Edited the doc, btw.
Synchrostar
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
omg moe overload (azuki azusaaaaaaaaa... tsukiko is cute as well >.>)
added entry for Henneko in doc

Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride
uncensored version galore~
Guess it has the same feeling as the first season for me, not expecting too much from it (not in a bad way)
KuroyuriArlovS
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
I've been taking interest on mecha anime lately, and I really enjoy Majestic Prince first episode. The fighting animation is incredible, and I like how the members of Team Rabbit don't get along which initiates the joke and humor on this show. I hope their relationship stays like this until the end (or at least they start to get along) and no stupid romance will be involved

btw, I just realized there's no Uta no Prince-sama MAJI LOVE 2000% on the google doc_(:3_
Sotodashi
Railgun S

Doesn't seem to be following the manga all that well, reserving myself for when I actually watch it.
Scarlet Devil_old_1
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: More Biribiri? Oh hell yes

Hentai Ouji to Warawaranai Neko: I love this show, can't really say nothing about it lol
KuroyuriArlovS
Valvrave the Liberator

Almost dropped in the middle because man, when the spotlight is on the highschool the story gets really boring. The main male character is really wimpy and ugh can he just stop screaming the main female character's name. I'm more interested in what L-Elf's group is doing. Giving this another chance tho because of the twist at the end of ep 1, L-Elf is beautiful, and Yuki Kaji voices one of the (supporting /sobs) character.
WATCHED EP 2 HOLY SHIT DID HE JUST RECEIVED PHONE CALL IN OUTER SPACE HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK
Meatstick_old
Hentai ouji: Entertaining manga, but dropped it because it wasn't as interesting as anything else i was doing
valvrave: holy shit this is like gargantia but bad dropped
oreimo2: same old shit, entertaining enough to watch the next episode but not be excited for it
railgun2: same old railgun but unlike oreimo maintains the interest and anticipation of the next episode
yuyushiki: slice of life done badly. dropped
hayate no gotoku 94: same old stuff, if you like it good if you don't don't bother
gargantia: favorite show this season, approaches old cliches with a new light
devil survivor 2: was there even a 1? whatever, it's decent i guess
arata kangatari: great premise executed in an extremely shitty way. not worth watching.
KinkiN
HenNeko : somehow it's similar to kantoku. Azusa <3

Date A Live : Haven't watch it. but already fallen in love with Kurumi <3

Devil Survivor : Already searched in goggle for that app. wish i can have it lol

Hataraku maou-sama : Funny

OreImo2 : Too much stories that hasn't been explained.

Samurai Bride : *nosebleed*

Nyarko : no comment.
xsrsbsns
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - Funny and cute, overall great show so far. I normally get annoyed by lolis but not in this show (probably because Tsukiko doesn't have an awfully high-pitched generic loli voice)

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru - Cute characters but as for content, not what I was expecting.. too much eighth-grade syndrome in anime recently, and the comedy generally fails to get me. Dropped because of blushy shota in episode 3.
Fadil
Date A Live : I think the story is pretty good,even though we all know it'll end up as a harem ,duh.But I'm really looking forward to this series,i dunno but i just have a feeling like this thing is going to be pretty awesome ( Despite the harem shithead MC ;p)
so.... 9/10 ;p

Shingeki No Kyojin : Artwork,OP/ED,Storyline,Character,The voice acting.....you know what these things have in common? They are P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!
that's it.I have nothing else to say.Totally speechless.EPIC.The point is : This anime is going to blow your minds dammit!
Definitely 10/10

Karneval: Pretty boring,but the characters are a bit interesting.I didn't found the "spark" that makes every series amazing,still not sure to drop it or not -__-v
Well 7/10 duh :|
Tenshichan
Now that I have enough time to watch Anime a small update:

Date A Live - My opinion about this Anime didnt change. It is funny and I like the plot, with the dating sim and the choices and stuff.
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - Cute characters, very funny and the art by Kantoku is amazing. Probably the best Anime this season. I thought I would die because of Cuteness overflow while watching.
Oreimo 2 - Basically, it can only be good, because it is Oreimo. I really enjoyed the first season and I am glad that the second season starts as amazing.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - The first season was awesome, and the second is again very funny, entertaining, and Nyaruko is still the best.
Shingeki no Kyojin - The first episode was quite a shock already and I can see that this is going to be damn exciting. Definately a must watch this season.
Photokano - Although it doesnt receive many positive opinion I really enjoyed this one. Very nice characters and a lot of fanservice - no reason for me to not enjoy it.
RDG - Red Data Girl - I guess it is okay, but It is hard to get whats going on. Probably it is getting interesting so I want to keep watching.
Zettai Bouei Leviathan - At first I was skeptical but after the 3rd episode I really enjoyed this so far. It is funny and the characters are really cute :3

gonna update this soon when I watched the rest. Im kind of in a rush now ^^.
Rio-
This is My Spring Anime List so Far :

- Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge : Something tells me that This Anime will be Awesome, Watch the First Episode and I take A Liking to It
- Date A Live : I read the Light-Novel, But Sadly the Anime is a little "Need Something".
- Devil Survivor 2 THE ANIMATION : Since I look at the Commercial-Posters in Winter Season. I think I'm gonna watch It :D
- Haiyore! Nyarlko-san S2 : Watched Season 1, And I need more FUNNY-PARODIES :3
- Hataraku Maou-sama : Well, For Me = The BEST Comedy Anime Ever (In Spring 2013)
- Hentai Ouji to Wawaranai Neko : My First-Thinking of this Anime is I thought It would be some kind of "Lovey-Dovey Drama", but After I watched Episode 4, It turns into Mystery.
- Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride : Oppai is Justice :3
- Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2 : Watched Season 1, And want to know what would happen in Kyousuke's Life.
- Photo-Kano : I wonder why MAL Rate this Anime "PG-13"? For Me It supposed to be R+
- RDG ~Red Data Girl : Boring Anime (The Plot is a little confusing), but the Story is Good
- Shingeki no Kyojin : OH GOD WHY!! The Anime Cutted those GORE Scenes from Manga :(
- Suisei no Gargantia : The Graphics looks Cool, and the Story aren't too bad
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun : The Railgun is BACK!!
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru : Remembered me of Haganai!