forum

[Archived] (Taiko) Big Dons/Kats not awarding double points

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rokk
It seems that, no matter how hard my friends and I try, we never get awarded double points in Taiko for big Dons/Kats. Same goes for any replays we watch. Players never get the double points. Auto does seem to get them, though.

1. Play Taiko
2. Hit big Don/Kat
3. Get 1x points instead of 2x
Marcin
They're rewarding, t/35945 read this thread, but it's a little bit of mess.
Here is video though if you really want to.

Too lazy to change my recording software to HD, so just run it on full screen, you should see what i wrote.
lolcubes
From what I noticed, the double score does not show, but you still earn it. Try playing a finish heavy map and play it without double hitting them, you will see the difference is there.
Seph
you get them, you just probably dont hit them right, and it will show if you really did hit it.
Makar
Works fine with me
Manually added finishers everwhere with this example:

Topic Starter
Rokk
Then I guess the score popup just doesn't work right. It only works when you're not playing on Universal Offset 0. Possibly related to that old bug where sliders had one tick less in Taiko than they should have.

Thanks!
TheVileOne
I tested at my usual -8 UO, and I tried it again at 0 UO and it works fine for me. It's pretty hard to prove that you're hitting both inputs at the same time without recording a video. Do you mind providing one?
MillhioreF
For the special finish graphic to appear, you have to hit both keys on the exact same frame - this is quite hard to do, especially if you're above 60 FPS. You still get double points if you hit the keys slightly more apart than that, the finish graphic just doesn't show (and you get two sets of 1100 points instead of one set of 2200 points)