1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
Optimal size to use the Tablet is for me, when i dont have to move my Hand, but only my fingers to position the pen. It really depends on your way you move your pen. I dont like playing with my arm, especially as i move my whole body while playing (sitdancing ftw!) ;)

The big advantage in playing with a tablet (compared to the mouse) is the movement memory you get. You just know where to put the pen (or how to move) to get a specific position on the screen.

So i ended up with something ~1/3-1/2th of my area.
posted
My hand shakes too much, so i need a big area to play or else i fail everything.
posted
I'm doing better at hrock with a smaller area. I started with full, then made it smaller every month or so. Just practice, and get used to what ever area you have. It's all about prefence. also, dworry about accuracy, once you get good, you'll know how to get good accuracy.
posted
i use the largest area that i can use comfortably and that is what i recommend because you have to be comfortable and you will have better accuracy
posted

sinhowell wrote:

i use the largest area that i can use comfortably and that is what i recommend because you have to be comfortable and you will have better accuracy
This doesnt matter after 3 years

Shut up
posted
i don't think a batch of grapes cares about what you think about it
posted

winber1 wrote:

i don't think a batch of grapes cares about what you think about it
I don't think I care if he doesn't care
posted
hitchance? dafuq? play more and your "hitchance" will be 100%
posted

Kanye West wrote:

Because full area offers greater control on aim. There's a larger positional margin of error for hitting small circles on a large tablet area. Downside being the wrist pain and being able to jump fast.
I'd say this is complete bs, I can jump fast with full tablet area :)
posted

KalaKuha123 wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Because full area offers greater control on aim. There's a larger positional margin of error for hitting small circles on a large tablet area. Downside being the wrist pain and being able to jump fast.
I'd say this is complete bs, I can jump fast with full tablet area :)
if your area was smaller and you moved your magic pencil as fast as you do now, you would move the cursor faster - jump faster

does this make sense?
posted
Having been a person who played full area for years and recommended it, I have switched to using a smaller are and can say its worth sticking to an area that you can reach comfortably using your fingers. Using a bigger area will require you to use your elbow or shoulder in movements, but the distance you have to cover for certain jumps becomes more difficult to reach as you progress. Playing with a small area using just your fingers reduces the amount of errors and greatly raises the "limit" on how fast you can move around. I also found combining wrist and fingers caused more problems than it helped as it would strain me on jumps. Accuracy in tiny cs just takes getting used to be is totally doable with a small tablet area. The speed of a smaller area greatly outweighs the accuracy of a larger area.

also Ive noticed force proprtions on the drivers, for wacom, has lately been calcuating it based on the work area, screen - taskbar. To be on the safe side you should manually calculate your tablet area.