posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanata
wow finally i found a dangan ronpa thread. <o><o>
i have a psp but i cant japanese orz
btw im looking forward for the anime adaption, aha. <3
has
After a month, I finally started reading it. Just got to chapter two.
I gotta say that all of the character are quite interesting, and most of them are very likeable (except for whatshisface guy who draws doujins and is freaking annoying). And poor Junko, she was definitely one of my favourites. I didn't expect three characters to die at the same chapter, but oh well.

So good so far. I'll probably finish it this week.
Topic Starter
momp

Holyja wrote:

After a month, I finally started reading it. Just got to chapter two.
I gotta say that all of the character are quite interesting, and most of them are very likeable (except for whatshisface guy who draws doujins and is freaking annoying). And poor Junko, she was definitely one of my favourites. I didn't expect three characters to die at the same chapter, but oh well.

So good so far. I'll probably finish it this week.
yeah it's kinda hard to not like the characters. there were some i didn't like at first, but i eventually grew attached to them. too bad most of them have to die. :o
Apex_old
I summed up DGRP in a sentence, with 4 famous movie titles:

Because of Fight Club, 2012 happens, people are put into a source code, and they do battle royale.

P.S.: 2012 is not the best explanation/movie for a end-of-the-world scenario, anyone got a better example?
Topic Starter
momp
less than two weeks until the anime premieres! i'm so excited!! :D
ixsq
has anyone tried running the project zetsubou patch yet?

i'm thinking of picking up a used psp just to play this but im not sure if v1.0 has any major bugs seeing as it was just released

for anyone that isnt aware: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/
Mogsy
I've been running the Project Zetsubou patch, and I've honestly not run into many problems. Think it's a good translation. even if I agree with the usage of Monokuma instead of Monobear because the portmanteau/pun makes more sense in Japanese, guys
Haneii
upupupu <3
has
I didn't know there was an English patch until last week. I'll probably start playing it today, ah yes. <3
Topic Starter
momp
i personally think some of the jokes used in the translation are a bit cheesy, but i think they did a good job overall!
ShiroganeVII
Can't wait for the animation.... :)
has

ShiroganeVII wrote:

I heard it will air on July 3rd though I'm not really sure um well I hope so!!
Topic Starter
momp

Holyja wrote:

ShiroganeVII wrote:

I heard it will air on July 3rd though I'm not really sure um well I hope so!!
it airs july 5th!!
Elly-chan
bump. dingle ropes. how did you like the first episode, everybody? chihiro almost crying twice hit me right in the heart. damn, i'm a sucker for that cutie. i really liked touko in the first episode too. not a very interesting and attention episode i'd say, but it's just the beginning of the story! man, i can't wait for genocider syo. i look forward to the next episode.
Topic Starter
momp
i enjoyed it! i agree it wasn't really an attention grabber, but anyone that's played/read the game knows it'll get better.
DaddyCoolVipper

Apex wrote:

I summed up DGRP in a sentence, with 4 famous movie titles:

Because of Fight Club, 2012 happens, people are put into a source code, and they do battle royale.

P.S.: 2012 is not the best explanation/movie for a end-of-the-world scenario, anyone got a better example?
Apocalypse Now and Armageddon?
has
I beat the game yesterday ahahaha what the bonk was going on
Lilac
I don't think I can ever finish the game knowing that Chihiro actually bites the dust.

I just really can't.
Topic Starter
momp

Lilac wrote:

I don't think I can ever finish the game knowing that Chihiro actually bites the dust.

I just really can't.
well there's still alter ego.
Elly-chan

momp wrote:

Lilac wrote:

I just really can't.
so fucking true i'm laughign

but seriously chihiro biting the dust totally hit me in the heart ahhh. i really liked the poor guy. unu
Topic Starter
momp

Elly-chan wrote:

momp wrote:

so fucking true i'm laughign

but seriously chihiro biting the dust totally hit me in the heart ahhh. i really liked the poor guy. unu
yeah i was. really upset. and also i thought togami killed her because of how he got pissed at her. so i was mad at him the entire chapter.
DaddyCoolVipper
Togami's a really awful person. How DARE he touch his corpse like that, messing around, making jokes... truly horrible.
Mogsy
Togami is really one of the most irredeemable characters in the entire story. While he's never as bad as say, Genocider Syo, doing things like manipulating evidence and nearly getting everyone else killed...I kinda don't understand how he has such rabid fans, he's a horrible character!

Then again, most of the cast is irredeemable. Two of the redeemable characters, Oogami and Chihiro, die (with Sakura being the mole but going against it; she doesn't directly cause deaths herself). Naegi, Kirigiri, Hakagure, and Asahina are the only remaining characters who are any decent human beings. It kinda sucks that two of the most vile characters live, but it does drive the story's point home.

Also: Dangan Ronpa to get a legit US release in 2014! On the Vita, but buy it if you're a US resident, so they bring over SDR2.
NoHitter
Wow Mogsworth. You just gave me a great piece of news.
Definitely buying that.
Elly-chan

Mogsworth wrote:

Togami is really one of the most irredeemable characters in the entire story. While he's never as bad as say, Genocider Syo, doing things like manipulating evidence and nearly getting everyone else killed...I kinda don't understand how he has such rabid fans, he's a horrible character!

Then again, most of the cast is irredeemable. Two of the redeemable characters, Oogami and Chihiro, die (with Sakura being the mole but going against it; she doesn't directly cause deaths herself). Naegi, Kirigiri, Hakagure, and Asahina are the only remaining characters who are any decent human beings. It kinda sucks that two of the most vile characters live, but it does drive the story's point home.
precisely this, sad to say. it does come to make a good story though.
Kyonko Hizara
I only just now saw that dingle ropes has it's own thread

Idk what to censor and what not to....
I actually legit cried over when Chihiro died ;_;
Topic Starter
momp
you have to remember though that fukawa is not the same person as genocider syo. yes, they share the same body, but they are entirely different people. fukawa cannot control what syo does. she absolutely hates syo, and when chihiro dies, she freaks out and hides away because she literally does not want to become syo again. also, she's afraid that syo killed chihiro because if that was the case, she was going to get executed.

and the reason fukawa has trust/social issues is because everyone has always been like that to her. all of the boys she's ever gone on a date with did it as a dare, or to mock her. not to mention she's quite possibly from an abusive household, and there's even evidence that her mother has DID.

idk fukawa is just a very interesting character.
Mogsy
Fukawa's issues aside, I don't care, to be honest. Syo is probably the most interesting thing about her. The conversations just felt like nothing but justification for her being so fucking nasty to everyone else, attempting to justify said behavior and it's framed as an appropriate reaction to growing up in a hostile environment (hint: it's not). It always came across as PITY THIS POOR GIRL instead of making her actually interesting. It's manipulative writing and she's easily my least favourite character.

In the survival game genre, you're going to encounter horrible people and horrible people will most likely survive until the end. Again, I will reiterate that being a bad person helps this game's message get through. I still hate Fukawa and Togami, though. This is just personal conjecture, though. :v
Kyonko Hizara
Fukawa isn't a favorite of mine, but I do still find her to be quite interesting. I do understand in a way why she acts like she does when she's just Fukawa because of how her past was. Sometimes I feel as if Syo is a way for her to better express her feelings too, tho they aren't exactly the same person. I find it quite humorous tho how Syo talks. But it makes me wonder tho. If she was scared that Syo was the one who killed Chihiro, does she not know all the time when she "turns into Syo"?
Topic Starter
momp

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Fukawa isn't a favorite of mine, but I do still find her to be quite interesting. I do understand in a way why she acts like she does when she's just Fukawa because of how her past was. Sometimes I feel as if Syo is a way for her to better express her feelings too, tho they aren't exactly the same person. I find it quite humorous tho how Syo talks. But it makes me wonder tho. If she was scared that Syo was the one who killed Chihiro, does she not know all the time when she "turns into Syo"?
well since their memories of their time at hope's peak were the only memories lost, fukawa would still know syo is a part of her.
Kyonko Hizara
At times tho when Fukawa comes back from Syo, she questioned where she was at

And I know that she knows that Syo is part of her, that's obvious enough
Topic Starter
momp

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

At times tho when Fukawa comes back from Syo, she questioned where she was at

And I know that she knows that Syo is part of her, that's obvious enough
ohh sorry i misread :?

well typically someone with DID doesn't share memories with their counterpart (i could be wrong here). so fukawa doesn't know what syo did, and vice versa.
DaddyCoolVipper
To be honest, I think Genocider is one of the best characters. She's so honest, it's fantastic. 10/10 would go on date with.

...just as long as I always used protection, if you know what I mean. STAB-PROOF VEST
Kyonko Hizara

momp wrote:

ohh sorry i misread :?

well typically someone with DID doesn't share memories with their counterpart (i could be wrong here). so fukawa doesn't know what syo did, and vice versa.
I don't thinkpeople with DID do, but sometimes I feel as if Syo does share memories with Fukawa, but Fukawa doesn't share memories with Syo.

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

To be honest, I think Genocider is one of the best characters. She's so honest, it's fantastic. 10/10 would go on date with.

...just as long as I always used protection, if you know what I mean. STAB-PROOF VEST
I bet she's in to some very sadistic things
Faust

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

+1

Also ...

site
Topic Starter
momp

Faust wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

+1

Also ...

site
aaahhhh i saw that i really want it!! also, you should put the picture in a spoilerbox for those that haven't finished dangan ronpa. :oops:
Kyonko Hizara
If I had a spare $120 I'd buy it

Nendoroids need to come out for more than just Monokuma and Monomi
Chihiro nendoroid please
Zerostarry
Ahhh I started it yesterday, did an all nighter and i'm still playing it the next day. My favourite characters are Asahina and Chihiro
Kyonko Hizara
Damn why is he always so cute? There is never a scene when he's not adorable
has
I'm about to start the second game... probably. Wish there was an English patch for that one too since I'm too lazy to read and actually playing the game is way better than just reading and stuff but anyways hey have a dancing Monobear!!

show more