forum

Not gaining PP??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
depend
hi
THAT_otaku
wiki/be/Performance_points#why-didn't-i-gain-the-full-amount-of-pp-from-a-map-i-played?
You need to continue settings better and better scores to gain more pp, eventually if you stay playing maps at the same level as you are now, you won't gain anymore pp
Joon Yorigami
because of course it would be slower to gain pp the higher your total pp count is. Because osu has a weighting system.

For example: If you get 33 pp out of a map, you wouldn't immediately get that 33pp, osu would first check if it is in your top 100 plays, if it is, it will give the appropriate weight depending on it's placement, your highest pp play would be weighted 100% but the second would be 95% and so on until it reaches 1%. e.g: raw: 105pp top play and 100pp second top play after weight is added it would be 105pp top play and 95pp second top play.

So yeah naturally it would be easier to go from 0pp to 900pp than 900pp to something like 1500
Topic Starter
depend

THAT_otaku wrote:

wiki/be/Performance_points#why-didn't-i-gain-the-full-amount-of-pp-from-a-map-i-played?
You need to continue settings better and better scores to gain more pp, eventually if you stay playing maps at the same level as you are now, you won't gain anymore pp
ohh ok makes sense ty