forum

Effects of taking a hiatus / break from osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HiSoNoCash
I have heard many players saying breaks can affect your skill level . But it can be affected either in a bad or a good way .

Personally I took 1 month break and taking breaks from osu has helped me to clear my mental block and mindblocks on some maps . It helped me to be mentally fresh and my aim got better instantly . All of my skillsets had a drastic change and before my hiatus i can only tap 210bpm and after returning i can tap 225 -230bpm all of a sudden . But this also depends on how long you took a break .

Some players quit for 6 months / 1 year and after returning it was hard for some players to get back to their peak . So effects of taking a break can be different for everybody but it can be affected in a positive way or a negative way .
wowcake
I'd say that taking a break for one month at max, things beyond this might affect your skills in a bad way and will probably take decently a while to get it back

Personally, I take a break for a week whenever i feel not improving/stumbled a wall, Got a bit rusty, but my skills in the game were improved slightly, also mindblock is cleared

It's a good way to do if you want to refresh thing when you think you're not improving or have a mindblock
Topic Starter
HiSoNoCash

Wowcake wrote:

I'd say that taking a break for one month at max, things beyond this might affect your skills in a bad way and will probably take decently a while to get it back

Personally, I take a break for a week whenever i feel not improving/stumbled a wall, Got a bit rusty, but my skills in the game were improved slightly, also mindblock is cleared

It's a good way to do if you want to refresh thing when you think you're not improving or have a mindblock
Good point , i agree
soft kitten
took a year break, look what happened to my rank lol
Farfocele
I took an break for 1.5 months once, and became better than i was before it.

i could singletap faster, but my aim became worse.