forum

Looking for some advice / profile review

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
redrhino
Hello, I just recently got into osu! about a month and a half ago (at least seriously) and I feel like I've gotten to a point where I'm stuck or I'm not seeing much improvement in my gameplay. I fell into the hole of becoming a farmer for a bit but I've just recently tried to move away from this as I've learned this isn't a way to improve. I'm looking for some advice/recommendations as to what I should work on in order to progress.
ssilly
you should work on your patience

hitting a wall with 140hours of gameplay 🤦🏻‍♀️ do you realize how that sounds
THAT_otaku

ssilly wrote:

140 hours is alot of time to spend on anything, especially a circle clicking game do you realise how you sound?

If you noticed you started falling off when you started farming more, push consistency. Play longer maps and try not to retry as often. Honestly don't worry too much about not improving, it'll come with time. (I guess that's the main message of the previous reply but this comes at any amount of playtime, it still takes me a long time to improve at ~50k and 670hours)

You could also try experimenting with mods, judging by your top plays you don't play them much. if you use them alot and correctly they can definitely help with improvement.
Kolmas
You're playing a lot and improving a lot, did you not realise that all of your plays are made within the last month? What people called hitting a wall that would be for several consecutive months they keep playing but still can't feel improvement, judging from your profile you're way ahead of 99% of players on their first two months and NOT hitting a wall.

Just keeps playing and enjoying the game, no one can get improvement every single day.
Topic Starter
redrhino

ssilly wrote:

you should work on your patience

To be honest no I don't realize how silly that is, like I said I started playing a month and a half ago, I have no clue what the rate of progression is on this game on average which is why I'm asking for advice!

THAT_otaku wrote:

ssilly wrote:

140 hours is alot of time to spend on anything, especially a circle clicking game do you realise how you sound?

If you noticed you started falling off when you started farming more, push consistency. Play longer maps and try not to retry as often. Honestly don't worry too much about not improving, it'll come with time. (I guess that's the main message of the previous reply but this comes at any amount of playtime, it still takes me a long time to improve at ~50k and 670hours)

You could also try experimenting with mods, judging by your top plays you don't play them much. if you use them alot and correctly they can definitely help with improvement.
I have actually started to play a lot longer maps so I'm not tempted to retry spam anything I never though about that for the consistency aspect though, as for mods I will have to mess around more and give it a go, I've heard mixed opinions on whether to touch those at the skill level im at, but like you said ill just have to learn how to use them correctly to improve. Thank you for this.

Kolmas wrote:

You're playing a lot and improving a lot, did you not realise that all of your plays are made within the last month? What people called hitting a wall that would be for several consecutive months they keep playing but still can't feel improvement, judging from your profile you're way ahead of 99% of players on their first two months and NOT hitting a wall.

Just keeps playing and enjoying the game, no one can get improvement every single day.
Ahhh okay I gotcha thank you. I wasn't sure what was a good pace of progress in this game, I was just feeling stuck on 4 star maps or honestly almost felt like my gameplay was getting worse.
Kolmas

redrhino wrote:

Ahhh okay I gotcha thank you. I wasn't sure what was a good pace of progress in this game, I was just feeling stuck on 4 star maps or honestly almost felt like my gameplay was getting worse.
what you should focus on i think is getting comfortable on mixture of different patterns, playing variety of long maps would help a lot, since you seems quite comfortable on jump maps

-also took another look on your profile, it's probably the best 6digit i've seen so far, it's still mainly short farm maps, but also with some long maps of decent accuracy

and really all you need is patience, what you've done in a month is what i did in 3 months of playing
Topic Starter
redrhino

Kolmas wrote:

redrhino wrote:

what you should focus on i think is getting comfortable on mixture of different patterns, playing variety of long maps would help a lot, since you seems quite comfortable on jump maps

-also took another look on your profile, it's probably the best 6digit i've seen so far, it's still mainly short farm maps, but also with some long maps of decent accuracy

and really all you need is patience, what you've done in a month is what i did in 3 months of playing

Hey sorry I just saw this. That makes alot of sense to me, I am very comfortable on jump maps for the most part ~ streams are more so what I struggle with the most or very awkward patterns like you said. I will definitely practice on longer maps more often from now on. Thank you for your time and I appreciate that compliment very much that makes me feel alot better:)