forum

Use a beatmap's skin

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +48
Topic Starter
Himitsu26
Ok so this is just some idea i got while playing Osu!...I hope nobody already said this...
It would be really cool if we could use a beatmap's skin...you know like when you download a beatmap that has a really nice skin and you want to have it but you can't find it anywhere (I'm not the only one who experienced this right?)
Just like we have 'disable beatmap skin' we could have 'use beatmap skin' or something like that...
What about this? I guess it's just one of my sooo many stupid ideas...yeah i just thought i would like to have this option...If it's not impossible... :)
MillhioreF
It's easy enough to copy the beatmap's skin elements into a new skin folder.
Though then again, that won't be possible after osz2... I could see this being useful at that point.
Landere
So you want that the custom skins get into the skinfolder right after downloading?
Sounds interesting but is it then always a custom skin on your skin that you use at the moment or just a custom skin on the standard skin?
Topic Starter
Himitsu26

evillander wrote:

So you want that the custom skins get into the skinfolder right after downloading?
Sounds interesting but is it then always a custom skin on your skin that you use at the moment or just a custom skin on the standard skin?
Okay...I may sound stupid but...I really don't understand your question... :cry:
Landere

Himitsu26 wrote:

evillander wrote:

Okay...I may sound stupid but...I really don't understand your question... :cry:
Well, if it is a custom skin wit only a different hitsounds or a different layout of the circles, what will it have to combine (add) with? The osu standard skin or the custom skin that you use?
Topic Starter
Himitsu26
Well, if it is a custom skin wit only a different hitsounds or a different layout of the circles, what will it have to combine (add) with? The osu standard skin or the custom skin that you use?[/quote]

So this is what you meant...well i guess the custom skin used would be more confortable to combine with :)
Landere
Then there's still the problem that if you don't want to change the custom skin from one main skin to another. Do you have to play it again with the new main skin or do you want it to be edited manually?
You can also just say that the custom skin will be added to the osu standard skin but that will be annoying for some people.
TheVileOne
I don't think using a skin for a beatmap should give users of the beatmap the right to personally use it for the same reason downloading a beatmap shouldn't give you the right to take the mp3 for personal use.
Marcin

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think using a skin for a beatmap should give users of the beatmap the right to personally use it for the same reason downloading a beatmap shouldn't give you the right to take the mp3 for personal use.
Shouldn't.... but we all know how it works :P
theowest
Ask the mapper to give you a full version of the skin. ztrot have released many mlp skins recently, elements which he have been using in many of his maps.