forum

Jimmy Soul - If You Want To Be Happy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kuwarudo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 11:29:40 PM

Artist: Jimmy Soul
Title: If You Wanna Be Happy
BPM: 93.61
Filesize: 3281kb
Play Time: 02:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Frowning (1.07 stars, 83 notes)
  2. Sobbing (1.61 stars, 87 notes)
Download: Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is complete now, I abandoned the third difficulty.
ID12345
song is awesome little to hard
or VERY HARD
anyways nice work cousin
btw kuwarudo is my cousin
Jinxy

ID12345 wrote:

or VERY HARD
anyways nice work cousin
Yes i figured that out a little, avatar style.
Topic Starter
kuwarudo

JInxyjem wrote:

ID12345 wrote:

or VERY HARD
anyways nice work cousin

But I was first.
ID12345

kuwarudo wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

ID12345 wrote:

or VERY HARD
anyways nice work cousin

But I was first.
would you guys stop quouting
we have same avvy BEFORE now hes using photshop and editing stuff
FurukawaPan
This map needs some fairly significant tuning before you can get it ranked, but I am here to help ^-^

1. The title is "If You Wanna Be Happy", at least, according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Wanna_Be_Happy

2. The timing. This is an oldie, meaning the band playing the song, well, they just played. There is no metronome, so the BPM fluctuates for the duration of the song. Timing is a long and sometimes daunting task for this type of recording, so I have provided a starting point:

Start:
BPM 185.52
Offset: 4413

Section 2:
BPM 185.88
Offset: 12175

so on and so forth... You may need 10-15 sections to nail every part of the song. Listen to it in the timing panel, and when the metronome starts to drift, go back to where it sounded perfect, add another section (and then adjust the BPM/offset of that section so as much more of the song as you can get, sounds perfect). Repeat this throughout. Don't be lazy about sections sounding close enough, get every tick as perfect as you can. Do this once, and apply the exact sections you've timed to all your difficulties. Then resnap everything at a beat snap divisor of 1/2 Then go in and fix any of the notes that have drifted.

3. The rhythm of your map is the same thing over and over.. it's boring. I encourage more creativity in this front

4. The spacing of your map is random and sporadic. You need to follow spacing guidelines (and use jumps a bit more sparingly).

5. Also, don't force the default skin. Select "User's preference" under skinning in the Storyboarding tab. Make sure you do this for all difficulties, since you have no need to force default for this map.

Check out section 10 of the FAQ for a guide to mapping design issues. It addresses a number of the issues with this map.

Oh, and yes, I did find this map from your sig in a post in the random forum :P (sig advertising does work)

I will star this map if you fix up the problems.
Topic Starter
kuwarudo

james039 wrote:

This map needs some fairly significant tuning before you can get it ranked, but I am here to help ^-^

1. The title is "If You Wanna Be Happy", at least, according to wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You_Wanna_Be_Happy

2. The timing. This is an oldie, meaning the band playing the song, well, they just played. There is no metronome, so the BPM fluctuates for the duration of the song. Timing is a long and sometimes daunting task for this type of recording, so I have provided a starting point:

Start:
BPM 185.52
Offset: 4413

Section 2:
BPM 185.88
Offset: 12175

so on and so forth... You may need 10-15 sections to nail every part of the song. Listen to it in the timing panel, and when the metronome starts to drift, go back to where it sounded perfect, add another section (and then adjust the BPM/offset of that section so as much more of the song as you can get, sounds perfect). Repeat this throughout. Don't be lazy about sections sounding close enough, get every tick as perfect as you can. Do this once, and apply the exact sections you've timed to all your difficulties. Then resnap everything at a beat snap divisor of 1/2 Then go in and fix any of the notes that have drifted.

3. The rhythm of your map is the same thing over and over.. it's boring. I encourage more creativity in this front

4. The spacing of your map is random and sporadic. You need to follow spacing guidelines (and use jumps a bit more sparingly).

5. Also, don't force the default skin. Select "User's preference" under skinning in the Storyboarding tab. Make sure you do this for all difficulties, since you have no need to force default for this map.

Check out section 10 of the FAQ for a guide to mapping design issues. It addresses a number of the issues with this map.

Oh, and yes, I did find this map from your sig in a post in the random forum :P (sig advertising does work)

I will star this map if you fix up the problems.

The name problem will be easy to fix, just have to re-upload this, the timing, uhm, I'll get to that. The rhythm, I'll try to add some jazz to it, I think I'll keep most of it because I'm kind of tone-deaf or something, I just can't easily find the tone of a song, the spacing problem, I'm re-arranging everything so that it'll look clean and stuff. The default skin thing, uhm, I guess I just didn't notice much, because I normally use the default skin.
Jinxy
[Frown]
01:34:11() - Put a break.
02:14:38 (1) - Wtf? Remove it.

[Sobs]

Please. Just map something else.
Topic Starter
kuwarudo
fine how do i remove this
Derekku
Usually maps don't get "removed." Just let it die in the graveyard (after 4 weeks of no updates IIRC).
Topic Starter
kuwarudo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Four weeks of no updates, not four weeks of no posting.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.