8.85%
Ugh, I hate those things.
37.17%
Other (comment below)
13.27%
Total votes: 113
Topic Starter
VelperK
Wanted to know players' opinions on this kind of pattern usage. (specially when it comes down to TAG4 and stuff)
Stefan
As long they are not too random they feels good to play. Unfortunally I very often find them random. orz
XEPCOH
New hypers are hard, especially hypers spam. Also some of them appeared in false place (e.g. big black)
Drafura
I've picked other. I don't have problems to catch hypers but the problem with them comes in exiting the hyper status. On most converted maps you'll not encounter that kind of patterns but it's a problem when it comes to ctb mapping when you want a specific behavior and you can't get it works fine.

Here is an example : http://puu.sh/2s99w

As you can see in this pattern there's one non hyper jump wich is really hard to catch this is cause the hyper doesn't come fast enough under the begining of the jump. The window to make the next jump become very small and breaks totally the way you catch the other jumps. This is the biggest problem I've found with the hyperdashes.

I've encountered some other problems about the spacing required to trigger an hyper wich is not consistent between beat divisor (wich leads you again to change the way you play during the map, but as far as I remember this was allready present in the old build) and something about hyperdashes going way too far when using 1/4 beat divisor, but I didn't had time to make any serious tests about all this stuff atm.
OsuMe65
edge-to-edge hyperdash kills
URIA-WOOPTIDOOP
dont hate them :P just need to get better at them :D
GonRiv
I like them, and i like more the hyperdashes of Can't Defeat Airman - Holy Shit! It's Airman! (Though, i can't catch them xD)
Skywards_old
I like the old version better since i was better at it. Lol
Overall i like them. They make ctb more fun
eldnl
I hate when a hyperdash is not necessary, cause it feels so slow and hard to play.
I voted for Other because:
1- When I play on Approved, Insane, usual Ranked maps, they feels very good.
2- When I play Kuzino Q maps, or TAG4 maps, I suck completely more than how I sucked before.
Awake-Chan
Picked other because I don't like the newer system.
Also they're way to random and to many as well...or even not neccessary..
Harp Note
[I Like them!], but only recently, when I first started just the sight of them made me miss. Now I can say that makes maps more challenging and fun. Still, sometimes they still annoy me, like in this map, today, again, i tried without no fail, and the result was the same, failed at one of the hyperdash spam parts.

Can't say much about TAG4 map, I can't even play them xDD
Kurokami
Actually I like them. Of course just as long as they are makes the maps fun to play. I like to play with TAG4s or more like I liked. The new HDash destroyed pretty much everything enjoyable to me.
Deif

Drafura wrote:

On most converted maps you'll not encounter that kind of patterns but it's a problem when it comes to ctb mapping when you want a specific behavior and you can't get it works fine.
That's an issue I found when I was modifying some stuff on my last ranked CTB diff (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49916).

00:31:004 (7,8,1) - After the update, that pattern was recognised as a pixel-jump, but I wanted to create a 3-fruit spreaded pattern. To avoid that, I think I was messing up with the grid level, but I cannot remember now.

I guess it'll need further testing. There might be a way to "avoid" the new behaviour: SV, BPM changes... who knows? ^^"
Drafura

Deif wrote:

There might be a way to "avoid" the new behaviour: SV, BPM changes... who knows? ^^"
Well for triple jump the solution isn't that hard to find but in my case the only way I've encountered is pattern destruction. If you take my example the only way to solve this behavior is to modify the jump to make it easier, so I've to move that fruit (01:00:199 (1) - and actually I already moved it just a little to make it easier I can go farther to make it quite impossible to catch) to the left, but here comes one problem : all other jumps on this beat divisor are okay with this spacing and actually it follows a logical placement wich fit with the begining of the pattern. But even if it's the same jump it requires way more timing. This isn't a good behavior. In my opinion same spacing would sounds as same timing, not : look what you played just before to know the timing widows you have for this jump. Actually I've never seen a rythm game where you have to back read while you're reading the map...
Aka
i hate that leftrightleftrightleftright hypers in akiakane - flashback map, others are ok
Cloudchaser
hyperdashes make ctb more funnier, imo
lineqtxz
fix ctb :c
Navizel
hyperdashes feels good in my fingers. makes me improve and focus more on the map I'm playing and I always get high when they come.
_Kancho_
hyperdash makes gameplay more challenging
Edgar_Figaro
10 year necro post
[ Sebastian ]

_Kancho_ wrote:

hyperdash makes gameplay more challenging
Imagine necroposting a 10 year old thread.

Anyways, I think hyper dashes are pretty fun, which I would imagine would be the main consensus.
Deif
No need to necro such an old thread ):