forum

Make collections exportable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,135
show more
she_old
it would be nice to export them easily, maybe even in text format, it'd save a lot of pain for when everything gets freaking deleted on crash ;v;
Piotrekol
Just posting link to a tool: t/131103
Topic Starter
Dexus
I personally would rather have the function built into osu!, but thank you for building tools to do so though.
Abel
Yes , it wouldnt be a bad idea this tool in the game , I still miss my Fav A deleted maps ;___; , hate when I got to reinstall windows ;___;
Topic Starter
Dexus
ppy pls (inadvertent bump, also added support)
Stefan
Bump.

So I have send my collection.db File to my friend. He replaced it with this one and he had my Collection(s). Does that leads in this way?
Well I have re-read the OP and yes, that actually would be much better as the first what I've wrote, support!
XPJ38
osu! localisation project suggests that this feature will come anytime soon!

Oinari-sama
Bumping this for a dupe thread.
xasuma
I know that everyone knows that collections need big improvements. But alongside this I'd like to mention the necessity to move large groups of maps from one collection to another. So after we 'import' collections from someone else, we can also merge them with some of our previously own ones.

Also , yes , make this happen. And a bunch of other things already suggested regarding collections. They are lacking as of now.
Natoyo
Bumping this for a dupe thread.
pyth
gogo~ do it soon wwwwww
FurukawaPan
This would help immensely in managing my beatmap folder.
Comet
Bumping this on zaex's behalf since he made a dupe thread. And for the love of god, can this actually get implemented, if there's so many dupe threads about it that surely must mean people want it, lol :P
zaex_old_1
Need this feature in my life.
D e s
I +9999
TheLukay
bumped

osu really needs it, it a pain in the a.. everytime you have to reinstall osu cause you set up your new pc or osu decides to break.With collections being exportable you could share your collections with other people, although then it needs some kind of detection if the other person is missing maps etc.

If you have collections of like >1000 maps, you don't want to do them all over again.
Kondou-Shinichi
Bumper

Little thought of how the file could look like.
(Filename: <filename>.osc (as the OP suggests)
osu! collection list v1
List Name: <filename>
Creator: <the username of the player that exported this list>
[<collection 1>]
<beatmapid1>
<beatmapid2>
<beatmapid3>
[<collection 2]
<beatmapid1>
<beatmapid2>
<beatmapid3>
For example, I exported a list with a collection called "cancer" with Monstrata's CBCC map included, and with the filename "dirty pp".it'll look like this:
(Filename: dirty_pp.osc)
osu! collection list v1
List Name: dirty_pp
Creator: Kondou-Shinichi
[cancer]
Here I have another list, with the addition of haitai and different diff of CBCC:
osu! collection list v1
Creator: Kondou-Shinichi
[cancer]
[pp]
If I choose to merge the list, it'll be:
[cancer]
[pp]
If I choose to replace the list, it'll be:
[cancer]
[pp]
If non-supporter doesn't have haitai, it'll be like this:
[cancer]
[pp]
and a seperate .txt will be generated (in the case of the filename of dirty_pp_v2), called dirty_pp_v2_missing.txt, containing:
[pp]
And you'll have to go online and download it (whereas supporters could download with osu!direct)
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I'm really hoping this could be implemented.
Tanomoshii Nekojou
+bump and +star
Endaris

Piotrekol wrote:

Just posting link to a tool: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/131103
Just a reminder for everyone that this link is still relevant and pretty much solves all your problems.
If you want to back up your collections, it suffices to copy the file "collection.db" in your osu! folder elsewhere.
ReesanVaine
Supporting it! It's irritating to recall what you had. and download it again :<
So yes! a cloudable collection and sharing will be awesome! ^_^
MiaFate
support
CypherConjured
Bump+Support

Edit: I'm going to elaborate a bit. So I saw that there's a Seasonal Leaderboard thing for specific maps, but there's no way for me to actually specifically search for the maps to play for that. So I figure the easiest way would be if someone had put together a collection file for all the maps for that specific season and then everyone could just import it and have all the maps in a collection.