forum

[added] Changing osu! audio output

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +209
Topic Starter
Biri-Biri
Most games nowadays allow people to change the sound output of the said game to another one, that is extremely useful when streaming. For example, if I want to stream osu! but I'm currently speaking with people on skype or teamspeak (I'm french btw), I don't want people on the stream to hear the french people speaking, so the best way would be to redirect teamspeak and osu to two different channels, merge the two together into my audio output, and only stream the channel with osu! on Xsplit/OBS.

So that's it, I don't know if the feature has already been request, but a simple option to change the audio output of the game to any of the other ones (virtual cable, optical etc) instead of always outputting to Windows's default device.

Thank you!
MillhioreF
osu! automatically changes the audio output if the current one is disconnected, so I assume this shouldn't be too hard to implement. Definitely support.
TheVileOne
I would give stars if I had any.

I think this is a necessary thing to have for certain users.
joeone1
This would be a really nice addition, for those who want to stream.

it can see why it is necessary
Topic Starter
Biri-Biri

joeone1 wrote:

This would be a really nice addition, for those who want to stream.

it can see why it is necessary

Yes like I said I think that should be implemented for several reasons, not only streaming but if you have multiple outputs on your computer.
laport
support, I always have to change my default device for osu, most games already have the audio source option built in their games and keep a record of it, so i can use my speakers for default audio and not having to switch it to my headset every time i play osu!
TokaoTV
bump
BluBb_mADe
I would definitely love such a feature.
Its essential especially for streaming.
Its really annoying atm to use dirty windows settings "hacks" to get it to work properly
and there are setups (e.g. the stereomix device) when even that isn't possible at all.
Yonaton
+1 I want this feature so bad.
DingGGu
osu! can not select audio output device.

example foobar2000.

How about add "select audio output device" feature?
Arena
This is definitely useful for streaming, like excluding TS3 ("TeamSpeak 3"), Skype, etc. audio.

I support this feature request.
peppy
This is now available on cutting edge, but requires further testing. Please check it out if this feature is useful to you.
DingGGu
Thank you peppy,

very useful for me.

Bara-
Why'd you bump an old marked thread?
DingGGu
this is completed request thread.
it doesn't matter bump up old thread.

is there problem from my gesture?
JudoMastaa
I updated to cutting edge, but multiple audio output source is not there. :(