forum

[Archived] Bancho connectivity issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
marmarkaroo
Problem details:
I've noticed that it takes quite a while to join any multi lobby, and i'm just having issues connecting to bancho in general. It'll connect and then disconnect very frequently, and I'm not having any internet connectivity issues so I don't think it's because of that. It's frustrating to submit scores when it disconnects randomly and I'm not sure what's causing it. The video below shows what I mean, and this happens everytime I start osu.

I'd appreciate any help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://vimeo.com/517314180

osu! version: Stable 20210208.2 (latest)
Death
How long have you been having this issue for? Please try restarting your modem, router, and PC to see if that helps.

Bancho doesn't handle score submission so you shouldn't have any issues submitting scores if this is purely related to Bancho. Also, the link you posted doesn't seem to be work.
Topic Starter
marmarkaroo

Death wrote:

How long have you been having this issue for? Please try restarting your modem, router, and PC to see if that helps.

Bancho doesn't handle score submission so you shouldn't have any issues submitting scores if this is purely related to Bancho. Also, the link you posted doesn't seem to be work.
I fixed the link. This has been happening for at least a couple of weeks. I took a break from osu and I noticed this when I came back a few weeks ago. I've restarted all of those multiple times and it does not help.

Thanks for the info about score submission though!
Death
Please try switching the release stream to "Cutting Edge" in osu!'s settings, let a quick update download, and then restart the game when prompted to.

Once you are on that release stream, replicate the issue a few times and then post the "network.log" file from your osu!\Logs folder.
Topic Starter
marmarkaroo

Death wrote:

Please try switching the release stream to "Cutting Edge" in osu!'s settings, let a quick update download, and then restart the game when prompted to.

Once you are on that release stream, replicate the issue a few times and then post the "network.log" file from your osu!\Logs folder.
I can't use multiplayer on cutting edge mode.
Death
Ah, right. Do you only have issues when playing multiplayer or do you also disconnect when just playing normally?

If you disconnect frequently outside of multiplayer, replicate that instead and then send the network.log.
Topic Starter
marmarkaroo

Death wrote:

Ah, right. Do you only have issues when playing multiplayer or do you also disconnect when just playing normally?

If you disconnect frequently outside of multiplayer, replicate that instead and then send the network.log.
I've only noticed disconnecting from single player today, I haven't been able to replicate it. Other than that, it's the multiplayer almost every single time I log on.
Death
Does this only happen right after you log on? The way your last sentence is written kind of makes it seem like that's the case.
Topic Starter
marmarkaroo
It happens both right when I log on and randomly when I am playing/switching around to different lobbies on multi. But yes, it does happen every single time I log on for the first time, just not only then.
Death
If you aren't dying to play multiplayer or anything, try playing normally on Cutting Edge for a bit until it happens again and then post the log.