forum

osu!minecraft - redux [vanilla + factions]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Omio9999
@ Stig: Are you the one with the glass front underwater? If so, you're lucky I got lazy about claiming and looting your turf out of inactivity. =P

EDIT: Also, IRC integration seems to be lagging the MC server the most, Web Chat causes my browser to hang.
VIDgamefrk9

DutchAngel wrote:

As a alternative solution (while waiting for the more stable dev build) you could download the 1.5.1 minecraft jar-file.
When you replace the one in your User/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/bin folder with this jar, you can just get on the server again.

One way to get the this jar-file is downloading it from this site: http://mojang.com/2013/03/minecraft-1-5-1-pre-release/
I have both jar files, it would be nice to have the servers I play on to have the same jar file because most of the servers I play on have already switched.
PS I use magic launcher
dkun
server has been updated to 1.5.2.

thanks ephemeral!
Blue Stig

omio9999 wrote:

@ Stig: Are you the one with the glass front underwater? If so, you're lucky I got lazy about claiming and looting your turf out of inactivity. =P

EDIT: Also, IRC integration seems to be lagging the MC server the most, Web Chat causes my browser to hang.
Feel free to loot away. There's nothing there that can't be replaced.
I probably should check up on Marawind as well while I'm at it.
Aaronite
i think its a good video :P
gg
OnosakiHito

Oh, I missed this morning. Kert, jinx. Waiting for you guys. Haha
(Though, you waited far longer for me)
whymeman
Went ahead and started a small project from the SafeZone. You may have already noticed the two bridges that branch off from that island already, but I've just started on the West Bridge path as well to make it easier for migrating (seeing due to the fact it's hard to tell there's land when there's nothing but water for a mile or 2 with no boat while most migrated East). Of course, it's only going to make it *slightly* easier to travel since the SafeZone area will be limited at the West Bridge compared to the other two.

Note: West Path isn't complete yet.
Jinxy

OnosakiHito wrote:

Oh, I missed this morning. Kert, jinx. Waiting for you guys. Haha
(Though, you waited far longer for me)
I quit after building a huge impenetrable base a few thousand fucking blocks out of spawn and realised I wasn't in any danger in the first place

Having factions in a server that has had like 1 true faction fight since it's creation is a bleh idea. Instead, it also allowed TNTing bases when people were offline which isn't particularly fun for the victim. Faction fights aren't too nice when you lose (source: me), but at least it had some engagement, which this server lacked when I was playing it.

Of course, please do state if a large faction fight has happened when I was away, I'm curious if anyone even dared to do that
OnosakiHito
Kert told me about it. It's a pitty what happened and I must agree to that.
Though, I don't care because is is boring anyway. No player online, maybe max. 3. But we know that from the past.

No chance to make once an advertising in osu? Or does ppy disallow even that? /swt
Well, makes me to buy the game for real servers. :p
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
i am tempted to revamp the server with the latest tekkit/ftb build in a domed, finite area with a maximum of 3 factions to promote conflict
whymeman
Oh? Would there be any extra features as well?
Cyclohexane
wouldn't that be incredibly noob-unfriendly?

especially with ftb and how involved it can get
whymeman
Well, it wouldn't be that bad I think. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to try something new at this point.
Jinxy
Sounds interesting, but there's definitely need for a few "teachers" per faction who are very experienced with the modpack, or at least some parts of it. Modpacks are ridiculously heavy on information, and the wikis were lacking when I last tried a little ftb.
13Kenzy
More mods = more lag on my case of playing Minecraft on my 7-year old laptop -.-
winber1
I should probably play more.

but i'm also stranded with horrible internet in china
13Kenzy
I just created a faction (CrazyLoop) and made a home, all alone, but WMM (whymeman) taught me how to create a faction. So I did...

The server sorta goes silent from 10:00 - 23:00 GMT +8, which is the time I play on that server.
It'd be great if more and more players can play in the server because I have played alone for 2 days (excluding today, a good 6 players were playing, including me).

Nevermind the request for Diamonds, lol
whymeman

Another snapshot vid for upcoming features.

Also, i'm starting to take notice of the "ghosting" through blocks using /f home. It's causing some unwanted teleportation deaths and item loss.
13Kenzy
I accidentally /f home while Diamond Mining and it just poofed me into someplace where I cannot see and start losing like 2 hearts per second. It then says "You Died" with my name "13Kenzy suffocated in a wall" which cost me 27 levels and most of my items being lost. From then on, I won't /f home no more unless this bug gets whacked by the bugfix hammer
dkun

13Kenzy wrote:

I accidentally /f home while Diamond Mining and it just poofed me into someplace where I cannot see and start losing like 2 hearts per second. It then says "You Died" with my name "13Kenzy suffocated in a wall" which cost me 27 levels and most of my items being lost. From then on, I won't /f home no more unless this bug gets whacked by the bugfix hammer
Create a 3x3x3 box where your /f home location is. If this happens to you, you load in the home location, just in the ground/ceiling/wall, therefore suffocating. It's similar to having gravel falling on you while mining.
13Kenzy

dkun wrote:

13Kenzy wrote:

Create a 3x3x3 box where your /f home location is. If this happens to you, you load in the home location, just in the ground/ceiling/wall, therefore suffocating. It's similar to having gravel falling on you while mining.
Ah. Will do!

I quit /f home because I sorta got pissed when I lost alot of skelly bones, string, etc.

Plus, I got assassinated by Skellies a lot. :(

Worse, I got killed by direct blow from a Creeper (i had 5 hearts left, full Iron armor)
I almost ragequitted because it was far away from my home and I lost my Diamond Pickaxe that was enchanted with Unbreaking III, Fortune III and Efficiency IV :x

I change my title in the faction to Paladin just for the heck of having a title that represents a Holy Warrior :D
13Kenzy
Here's my shitty Sky Castle (small-scale too)
whymeman
I think i'll push more into the custom map I was making for future use till its ready. If there's an option and thought of FTB being added in, it would be handy especially if econ is added with the setup i'm doing.

For now, i'm learning how to use MCEdit to make that easier to create while to explore in certain areas for the fun of it.
dkun
As Mojang is nearing its full merge to Mojang accounts, it's advised to merge your premium (if you have one) account to a Mojang account by logging in to minecraft.net.

This also means for people that are holding non-premium usernames, will end up losing their rights to that name if they don't upgrade to a paid account in due time, which will render Mineshafter useless (?).

Need to come up with a new alternative for authentication in the near future.
13Kenzy
.... this sucks... even using Minecraft Smart Launcher (which just need a username and you're ready to play) with the exact same username input won't work ;( I wish my parents would allow me to buy a game for just $27
whymeman
It's getting there.....

3 days of land clearing done in 15 minutes.
----------------------------------------
Edit: Had more time to work on it so I added two more buildings, extended water tower, connected the powerlines, etc. Still need to extend underground sewers...

Sister Jude
undermine şu anda bu konuda
cat2006house
Hi Ephemeral,
I have a small request for you. I think what Osu!craft is lack of is teleporting to other players or specific locations (this will be harder). Can you add a new mod for teleporting to other players? I don't want to spend too much time just for travelling to my friends' factions. That would be not fun and time-consuming, plus the fierce attacks from mobs. You don't know how many times I died because of travelling at night. :o
Nazo_old
Ughhhhhhhhh

It's hard to try and start out...

I mean, really, I accidentally fell somewhere and my death point was 2000+ fucking meters away

I starved like 3/4 of the way there, AND A NINJA CREEPER GUARANTEED MY DEATH.

...Ughhhhhhhhhhhh (again).
whymeman

Added a South Path in the SafeZone for the fun of it, though it's underground this time.

Also, hi Nazo o/

Also, another snapshot to peek at.

Flanster
MMMMMMM? *kills villager*
Imagine UHC in osu!craft....so many deahts.
Jinxy
A UHC side-server would be pretty sweet, if it was the battle-it-out type. Played a short one and it was fun as heck. Question is if there are enough PVP lovers on osu.
Kert
I'd play that
Not sure about how laggy it would be though
Flanster
Decided to scrap where I live and start something new, not bad for a night's work.
whymeman
Build 1.6.1 is now available to download, but seems to use a much more different structure this time since we actually have to manually download it. Also, please bare in mind the server updates are not instantaneous to when each update is released. Plugins also need to have updates first before doing so, otherwise, things will break, and bad things can happen. Also, updating too soon will cause you to be"locked out" of the server till up to date so remember that as well.

Extra Note: Oh, and word of warning, if you're one of those who has like over 10 plugins/mods in their Minecraft.jar and such, be ready for a headache to update and patch them for usual reasons.
DutchAngel
If someone doesn't like the maze i built or the place i built it at, he/she can just tell me or leave a sign. :oops:
Then i would have taken it down myself.

There is no need in destroying it, because i could have re-used the leaves. ;)

I'm posting it here, because it doesnt look like lightning does this damage.

whymeman
Had some jackasses hijacking the server last night with some logbot crap. Found the main griefer destroying things and banned the logged account names. osu! names were also removed for it as well. The lava pillars on the houses took long enough as it is to clean up.
dkun
Going to leave this as a stringent note for anyone who wants to screw around on osu!craft. Griefing/hacking will result in the removal of your access from the server, and possibly a hardline osu! ban.

All in all, please just don't do it.
whymeman
Also, if anyone suffered serious damage from the incident (homes lost and such), send me a forum PM and i'll help looking into the reconstruction and restoration. I'll still be around often to look into it but let me know when you can be on as well.
walao
Looks cool, might join sometime later. The server is up to date atm though right?
show more