forum

OT Presidential Elections 2021 - First Phase

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KatouMegumi

OT Presidential Elections 2021

Phase One

I'd like to announce that a new yearly OT Presidential Elections are to start.
During the duration of this event, denizens shall pick a new OT President to rule over OT and represent the land of OT and its denizens in foreign and internal government affairs.
I, KatouMegumi (AKA. Fizzn) was entrusted to organize and host this election.

I wish all the future presidential candidates luck in their presidential campaign!

This election shall be concluded in three phases:

Phase one:
- During this phase, any OT denizen not under any criminal charges or convictions may register as a presidential candidate.
- Whomever wishes to apply as a presidential candidate should fill a registration form that will be provided later in this thread.
- Besides the required information, the future candidate may provide additional information about themselves or their future campaign, excluding attacks, bribery or any kind of manipulation against other fellow candidates.
- The registration form shall serve as your presidential campaign speech so additional information about your campaign is highly welcome.
This phase shall last for 7 days. No registrations will be accepted after the aforementioned period.

Phase two:
- After all the candidates have registered themselves, they shall be summoned to "OT Presidential Elections 2021 - Second Phase" thread to answer questions given to them by either OT Parliament or denizens whom choose to contact me and submit their questions to the candidates.
- If a candidate refuses or can't answer a given question, they shall be disqualified from running a presidential campaign.
- Do note that denizen submitted questions shall be sent to my ingame PMs (website chat) or legacy website inbox. Some questions may not be considered for being irrelevant or other undisclosed reasons.
- A denizen may submit the question to the candidates anonymously if they choose so.

Phase three:
- This phase shall begin after the second phase has completed, voting will be open for all OT denizens.
Each denizen (incl. candidates) can only vote for one candidate (or themselves if they run a presidential campaign).
- Denizens who had voted must confirm that they have voted in "OT Presidential Elections 2021 - Third Phase" thread.
- Each voter will be provided a unique token after they have voted. Once the results have been announced, a voter may find whom they voted for by their token listed in the voting results.
- The voting period will last 7 days and the most voted candidate wins the election.
- Candidates are allowed to create further campaign speeches during the voting either in this thread or as a separate thread. (Example: "Eriri4Prez", "Best Girl Eriri's Presidential Campaign Speech.", et cetera.)

Registration form and campaign rules.

Registration form:
- Introduction. (Username, position in OT, which OT generation are you from, etc.)
- Registration reason.
- Past OT experiences: (Honestly, anything notable you had done at OT.)
- Your vision of OT as a President.

Election rules:
- Buying votes, bribery or any action that undermine fairness of the election are prohibited. Anyone found in violation of this shall be immediately disqualified.
- A denizen may only vote once, even themselves if they run their own campaign. However, anyone found commiting vote manipulation using clones or any other means of population inflation to increase their votes shall be disqualified.
- Anyone who uses clones or any other means of population inflation to increase candidate's votes shall be arrested by OT Police and disqualified if found to be an OT Presidential Candidate.
- Candidates are prohibited from cooperation between themselves.
- Treat everyone properly and keep it civil. You obviously have a right for free speech and expression of yourself, but you shall not use those rights to attack a candidate with slander or any other way to undermine someone's presidential campaign. Constructive criticism is welcome, however.

Candidates found to be in violation of those rules shall be disqualified. This may take one of several infractions, depending on their severity.

List of registered candidates:

- nedd83 [DQ]
- Penguin
- pentaqola [DQ]
- Winnyace
- Corne2Plum3
- abraker
- ClevelandsMyBro
ninore
- my name is nedd83. i'm a 7th gen denizen and a professional chef known by no other name.

- i'm registering because there is clearly change needed to be brought into Off-Topic. i want to do that change, and i want to do it in a way that is the best.

- i have brought destruction upon this world, was the CEO of a tech corporation that is currently owned by KatouMegumi and was (and will always be) a VTuber fanatic

- my vision for Off-Topic is enforcing TRASH to this place.
what is TRASH? well, it's;

To maintain quality
Represent the denizens
Accuse the absolute shitposters
Supply assistance in content
Help those in unjust exile

read more

for far too long, we have lived in this place without none of these in our lives, and my vision is an OT where that's not the case.
an OT where shitposts don't consist of stupid and de-railed threads.
a great OT.
YyottaCat
If we vote for nedd83 he's going to destroy OT with his army again.
ColdTooth
im vulpix
Corne2Plum3
im ralsei
WitherMite
im scared

we are gonna get more than one candidate right, dont want to be stuck in vtuber purgatory for the next year
z0z
...are people supposed to apply with the google form?
Sugar_owo
i don't have a good feeling about this but whatever..

this is a joke you better not put this in legitimately

-I'm uh Sugar_owo and i'm a basic person in OT so don't mind all my useless posts.. America. I'm in to many threads o - o
- Registration reason I- uh hm i don't know i'm just here to make the posts either more stupid or not as fucking stupid. But you know no post here is reasonable isn't it..
- Past OT experiences include me asking everyone to be as stupid as can be in a thread, here it is if you feel like being stupid community/forums/topics/1253261?start=7930287 and uh you can find me in lots of other things too just i have to many experiences in OT now -n-
- I don't have a vision really this place is already trash what else is there to do?
i'll make more stupid threads.. or good ones. who knows.

this was a joke

this was a joke

this was a joke

this was a joke

now you better understand this was a joke
or there will be consequences
animeslayergp

WitherMite wrote:

im scared

we are gonna get more than one candidate right, dont want to be stuck in vtuber purgatory for the next year
lol
z0z

Sugar_owo wrote:

i don't have a good feeling about this but whatever..

-I'm uh Sugar_owo and i'm a basic person in OT so don't mind all my useless posts.. America. I'm in to many threads o - o
- Registration reason I- uh hm i don't know i'm just here to make the posts either more stupid or not as fucking stupid. But you know no post here is reasonable isn't it..
- Past OT experiences include me asking everyone to be as stupid as can be in a thread, here it is if you feel like being stupid community/forums/topics/1253261?start=7930287 and uh you can find me in lots of other things too just i have to many experiences in OT now -n-
- I don't have a vision really this place is already trash what else is there to do?
i'll make more stupid threads.. or good ones. who knows.
you're not a denizen, you can't apply for this
Penguin

z0z wrote:

Sugar_owo wrote:

no need to gatekeep
Sugar_owo

z0z wrote:

does it seem like i care.
z0z

Penguin wrote:

z0z wrote:

Sugar_owo wrote:

no need to gatekeep
i mean it's a rule

Sugar_owo wrote:

i just noticed now that it's a joke
Sugar_owo

z0z wrote:

Penguin wrote:

z0z wrote:

Sugar_owo wrote:

no need to gatekeep
i mean it's a rule

Sugar_owo wrote:

i just noticed now that it's a joke
pffft

i thought YOU were joking..

surprisingly not. huh
Lapizote
umm, what are the responsibilities of the president again?
Sugar_owo

Lapizote wrote:

i don't know at this point.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Lapizote wrote:

FEAR NOT DENIZEN!
Responsabilities of the President are stated in the OT!Constitution.
community/forums/topics/1021462

For people too lazy to look

D. Concerning the executive power and duties of the president

XXXIII. The executive power shall lie with the President of OT. The president shall hold office during the term of one year, of which he must be elected for.

XXXIV. No person who has not been a denizen, per the requirements of the royal society, for a minimum of three months, may be chosen president.

XXXV. In case of the removal, death, resignation, or inability to perform duties of the President, the OTParliament may appoint an officer who shall act as president until the inability is removed or a new president is elected.

XXXVI. Before entering office, the president shall swear the following oath: "I solemnly swear that I will rightfully execute the Office of President of OT, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the OTConstitution."

XXXVII. The president shall act, and perform the duties related to the role as:
  • a) Chief of State
    b) Chief executive
    c) Chief administrator
    d) Chief diplomat
    e) Commander in chief
    f) Chief legislator
    g) Chief of party
    h) Chief citizen
XXXVII. The president shall at the start and end of his term, give a speech addressing the State of OT, and recommend to the OTParliament what to do.

XXXVIII. The president, and all other civil officers of OT, shall be removed from office on conviction of high crimes and misdemeanors

Make sure to read this too.
community/forums/topics/615764

As a representative of OT!Government, I'm asking for a bit more seriousness in this thread, we wouldn't like to see a serious postulation amidst lots of spam. Thank you.
Lapizote
thank you representative.

gl to the poor soul that is the future president!
ClevelandsMyBro
whats in it if i get elected?
pentaqola
wowza! might as well go ahead with this

-i'm pentaqola! OT's monster from the 6th generation

-my reason for registering is mostly because i want to check on for possible improvements that can be applied to a wonderful place like this.

-honestly the only notable thing i remember doing is busting in A-Breaking Laboratory and eating the supply of ot!pills. perhaps also the oddly stylistic posts i do could be part of this

-OT is a great place for some interesting posts. sure its a wasteland here and there, but some pretty interesting stuff can come up once every some time or so. and when you find something rather interesting, it can be great to invest in it for a moment
show more