forum

osu song listings scroll by itself

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
my osu started scrolling rapidly up and down everywhere. It was as if it was high....
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Did you click the random button? lol
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This isn't a bug, this is how I like it. Noone else has complained really, and I think it is correct behaviour (since you are no longer choosing a song, but going to the score listing).

Bring it up as a feature request if you care i guess.

Also I don't think this is what the OP is talking about.
Hyperworm

peppy wrote:

you are no longer choosing a song
The argument against this is similar to the reason people asked for the hover-behaviour on the song list to be disabled:
You should be free to do what you like with mouse movement without consequence. Clicking is what should initiate an action, signalling you're happy with where you've put the cursor. In other words, even if you move the mouse, unless you click to say otherwise, you're still "choosing a song". (Especially on Windows where hover-to-focus is hardly ever used.)

That's not to say that no interface element should respond to hover ... there are good reasons like animation on buttons (e.g. main menu), small dropdowns that go away quickly if you move the mouse away from them (e.g. tabs at the top of this website), etc, but scrolling a list way off target with no fast way to get back is a bit too much for a simple mouse movement to trigger, IMO.

I thought it was strange behaviour, but never commented on it. ^^;

I agree with peppy that this probably isn't the OP's problem though. (they said "up and down", I'm guessing all in the same rapid movement...).

Maybe the right mouse button state somehow got stuck as "held", or something... ._o
Yeah we need more info here. :P
anonymous_old

Hyperworm wrote:

peppy wrote:

you are no longer choosing a song
The argument against this is similar to the reason people asked for the hover-behaviour on the song list to be disabled:
You should be free to do what you like with mouse movement without consequence. Clicking is what should initiate an action, signalling you're happy with where you've put the cursor. In other words, even if you move the mouse, unless you click to say otherwise, you're still "choosing a song". (Especially on Windows where hover-to-focus is hardly ever used.)

That's not to say that no interface element should respond to hover ... there are good reasons like animation on buttons (e.g. main menu), small dropdowns that go away quickly if you move the mouse away from them (e.g. tabs at the top of this website), etc, but scrolling a list way off target with no fast way to get back is a bit too much for a simple mouse movement to trigger, IMO.

I thought it was strange behaviour, but never commented on it. ^^;
^^ This, almost exactly.

Except this bit:

Hyperworm wrote:

there are good reasons like ... small dropdowns that go away quickly if you move the mouse away from them (e.g. tabs at the top of this website)
Inexcusable.

Honestly, I see resolving this issue (perhaps the one the OP didn't have) as resolving a bug, as it's unexpected behaviour to a normal user. Then again, there's a fine line between "bug" and "feature" so... If it is desired, move some of these posts to the feature request board. =]
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz

Echo wrote:

I'm sure I don't need to say this...

Can you provide a way to replicate this? If not, it's highly unlikely peppy can fix it.
All i did was open osu! and click solo. Then the song listings started going mad.
Metalik
cyanberryio