forum

Different mappers for different difficulties [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
show more
Gens
Haha, I remember my noobish days on osu!...
I tried doing it by editing the .osu (Not like I collabed or contributed or anything), and the beatmap listing messed up abit.
lol.

So, I'm in favor of this.
RemmyX25
Gemi
Yup. Also if this is done then old collab maps could probably be edited to use this new feature.
awp
There would still have to be one "master mapper" though that is ultimately responsible for updating the maps, getting it ranked, and getting the credit for the map's completion though.
Zerostarry
It would be cool if the guest mappers' difficulties would contribute to their mapper ranking

Just a thought xD
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
does someone want to do this for me? :).
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Yes.

I dunno who though.
peppy
how can you answer 'yes' so confidently then?
Jeffro
+1

I like this.
mm201

peppy wrote:

Gladly if I had access to the source. :P
peppy
MetalMario201: if you are seriously interested then please contact me on irc. if not this feature in particular, maybe you can help with some other stuff if you are willing.
Skyripper
< -- wants to make tetris special game mode ;)

this is a great idea and shouldn't be hard to implement
awp

peppy wrote:

There's six billion some-odd people on the planet, right? Those're high odds.

Regarding the actual implementation, wouldn't it just involve changing the current "Mapper" class to a "Head Mapper" class and removing the sub-mapper restriction?
Jeffro
Is interested too.
mm201

awp wrote:

peppy wrote:

There's six billion some-odd people on the planet, right? Those're high odds.

Regarding the actual implementation, wouldn't it just involve changing the current "Mapper" class to a "Head Mapper" class and removing the sub-mapper restriction?
Well, there are lots of different places where the changes need to be made, so there'd be lots of little things that could go wrong.

The actual change would probably just be a new "sub-mapper" field in the .osu file. (keep the existing relations for the existing mapper field) It would need to be searchable everywhere and override the mapper shown on the list button for that difficulty. It should also be indicated in various places on the website and be searchable.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
The profile is something I didn't consider. Since in the only way I can see it working, the "master" mapper still owns the map and updates it, they couldn't count towards things like your Mapper Ranking and such, or else you'd have the same map counting for multiple mappers.

A new subsection under Beatmaps in the profile, titled "Beatmap Collaborations," which would inversely lookup all maps with difficulties authored by you, would achieve this in the most sensible way. (It could be cached to spare the database.)
WyndII
I like it too +1
0_o
bumped because this should reallllly be implemented
Derekku
+ My Support~
HarryOrunitia
I support this u_u
Derekku
Bump? :3
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Bump? :3
OSZ2?
CheeseWarlock
Derekku
Ryuukun
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13749

just like i requested it myself.
Of course i support this
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

Personally I'd be fine if it worked mostly the way tags work now (just apply them to the map server-sde) but with the difference being that the map would then show up on each mapper's profile. I don't know if I'd worry much about the in-game details as much, although it wouldn't hurt to have it there
This is the main reason that I'm supporting this. A lot of people make difficulties for other people, but aren't always recognized because the map doesn't show up in their profile. Sure you can put it in your sig or a link to tag search maps, but that's just a workaround to something that should be implemented regardless.

Bump for my extra support and remembering that I would LOVE to see this added. cough <3
Derekku
Maybe Ranked Maps could be split into three sections?

1) "Your Own" maps
2) "Donated Difficulties" to other maps
3) "Collabs" that you've worked on with other people

?
tieff
^ Cool idea, but how realize that?..
Derekku
Derekku
Bump :3
0_o
5.5 month bump, I am awesome.
Mismagius
let's bump this again because it should REALLY be implemented >:
qlum
yes it should though I don't have any votes left
Aqua
Bumping this with a star :3

Guest diffs became a big part of osu!.
A "real" possibility to participate in a map should be in IMO.
theMikeAG
This sounds like a great idea!
Maybe the guest mapper should be able to update his/her difficulty directly through the Submission System rather than having to post their difficulty on the thread over and over again.
LuigiHann

mm201 wrote:

peppy wrote:

Gladly if I had access to the source. :P
How about that
Kitsunemimi
Strange, I didn't already post in this thread :<

But yes, we totally need this it's been so long now arghh
OzzyOzrock
THIS WOULD MAKE THINGS SO SIMPERU DO IT
show more