forum

Best way to improve.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kyriores
So, I'm currently at a level where I can beat many of the 4.5-5 star beatmaps but without achieving high rating (usually getting scores between A-C, depending on the difficulty).

What do you guys think I should do at this point? Is it better to practice on the super hard beatmaps (the ones that I will fail like 100+ times before I finally beat them with a C), or just try to improve my score on the current ones?
Pettanko
I wouldn't spam super hard beatmaps, if I were you. I would play a variety of maps that are slightly difficult, yet not too challenging and try to get decent acc on those maps (93+ % acc maybe?) and keep going from there.

On a side note, I spammed maps like airman and val maps when I first started playing, and although I was able to pass airman no-mod 2 months after joining, I feel like it really hurt me in the long run; I have trouble with keeping combo when playing because I tend to miss the easiest of notes and it's probably because I wasn't able to properly develop comboing (if that's even a learnable skill, and not inherent).

Actually scratch that, I'm sure it's because I just suck at this game.
Lance
t/99612

r u srs
Rokk
Play.
buny
best way to improve is to play rather than making the same thread
First of all, make sure that your mouse acceleration is disabled. For most of the guys, leaving the acceleration enabled would limit their ability to 4.5 stars of hard, or some easy 5-star hard ones.

Here's a suggested mouse setting, in Chinese though, I assume you can actually figure out what it means. :)

Edit: Now I got an English version for this. :)
Kanye West

buny wrote:

best way to improve is to play rather than making the same thread
MillhioreF
Okay, enough of this. This thread makes me sad. Very sad. Like this: :cry: :cry:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612