forum

Question with Alternating..

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makar
Alternating is differently worth learning. The only thing I hear people complaining about after learning to alternate is that fast streaming is harder endurance-wise, but I learn that from taiko soo...
Bweh

MMzz wrote:

Slow maps are just a pain in the butt in general.

Slap some DT on it.
Not always an option, and honestly just depends on the person. Some people like to go fast all the time, others like to take it slow sometimes. Others like to be more of a jack of all trades.

Anyway the more things you can do, the better.
Saint_old
I learned how to alternate all song and I can sort of do it now but the reason I wanted to learn to alternate was so I could alternate notes that were too fast to single tap, but too slow to stream. I still can't alternate fast bpm, but yeah alternating is worth learning but you should still be a good single tapper too.
Zakdawg
I automatically alternate anything that is too fast to single tap for me, which is around 230+ 1/2's.

for the song in the 150+ range I single tap all 1/2's and alternate all 1/4's.

130-150 is this weird range that is kinda hard for me, because the 1/4's feel too slow to alternate and too fast to single tap.

I think alternating fast songs is something you will naturally learn when you start to play such songs.
Almost

Zakdawg wrote:

I automatically alternate anything that is too fast to single tap for me, which is around 230+ 1/2's.

for the song is the 150+ range I single tap all 1/2's and alternate all 1/4's.

130-150 is this weird range that is kinda hard for me, because the 1/4's feel too slow to alternate and too fast to single tap.

I think alternating fast songs is something you will naturally learn when you start to play such songs.
Spend more time streaming low bpm and you should get more comfortable doing it. The learning to alternate naturally thing is wrong though. I can't alternate to save my life. :(
Ziggo
If you want to learn alternating just alternate every map in every situation. After a certain time you will do it automatically.
Almost

Ziggo wrote:

If you want to learn alternating just alternate every map in every situation. After a certain time you will do it automatically.
Easier said than done. I am learning full alternate mouse only and some of my ability to full alternate on mouse is being transferred to my left hand so I might eventually learn this way.
GoldenWolf

Zakdawg wrote:

Think of 130-150 1/4's as 260-300 1/2's
Topic Starter
phoenny
I actually tried it yesterday, and still now im TRYING to alternate everything once the songs get faster and there are more singletapps i lose my stamina.. ?!

SUDDENLY. after 1 day.

I could play hours with Singletapping and now._. that feels weird.

EDIT: Can someone gimme some songs WHICH ARE HARD TO SINGLETAP? :| i cant get used to alternating if i dont need it cuz the song is so slow. xD
she_old

phoenny1337 wrote:

EDIT: Can someone gimme some songs WHICH ARE HARD TO SINGLETAP? :| i cant get used to alternating if i dont need it cuz the song is so slow. xD
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/64631
I fail with only like 89% while singletapping on this ;_;
Difficulty: The Dark World's Lament
Zare
VoidnOwO
:)
Zakdawg

phoenny1337 wrote:

Can someone gimme some songs WHICH ARE HARD TO SINGLETAP? :| i cant get used to alternating if i dont need it cuz the song is so slow. xD
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/77255 - 220 bpm single tap map
Topic Starter
phoenny
tried to alternate that stuff again, and i cant get used to that shit :|
JAKACHAN
Start slow and build up.
benguin

BRBP wrote:

phoenny1337 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21928
I have a friend that only plays ctb but who's fast enough to single tap that crap in Mendes...makes me so jealous because I can't even fc the darn thing even if I use two fingers ;~; Although he can't aim much so he can't even pass lmfao. But unless you have pro single button mashing skills, alternating is a helpful skill that comes in handy :)
Topic Starter
phoenny
slowly getting better at it :)

but i got one question, Do the most ppl that posted here, ALTERNATE Always? or switching between single and alternating? =)

and could someone link me some songs i should alternate? not some crazy 300pm shit.. i mean something like ; - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/96763

or so ^^
buny
0108 style maps are best examples to alternate on
primrose
Alternating is really helpful. Master it.
Hard diffs+ dt are pretty good for training alt.
dMaxb
;
Topic Starter
phoenny
dMaxb, i agree with you. the maps im able to alternate 100% already are way more fun to play like this. i dunno why but its more fun :D

and bout streaming, dunno yet. i suck at streaming (i cant figure out when to start. xD)

and Ill try that Awoken- thanks :)

EDIT; any tips for that "Stream-start" ? ;D
chelly
I alternate all the time, it's a normal thing I do. I started practicing by switching my active finger in between every slider. As I got better, I started to switch fingers every few notes. Practicing alternating works best with maps that have lots of sliders (or just 3 star maps with Hard Rock, which generally are 90% sliders) such as:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/17670 - Milky's Sliders
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/98229&m=0 - Hard

tl;dr
Try FCing 3 star maps with Hard Rock while switching fingers at every slider.
koromo

Awoken- wrote:

Hard diffs+ dt are pretty good for training alt.
This is good. Hards+DT are imo the best alternating practice for someone who can't play 0108 maps and the like just yet. Nothing wrong with taking it easy. Though, if you can play those, then by all means go for it.

It took me a month or two to get the hang of alternating (by this i mean being able to alternate everything). Practice really does help. Just keep trying and you'll notice the improvement in no time.
Lance
In the past I alternated 100% of the time. Lately I've been tapping everything I can and I've noticed my acc has gone up a lot. May not be true for everyone but it's certainly true for me.