forum

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
If you have it, PLEASE post here! I'd like to be able to play with others whenever possible. Friend codes can be found here.

I haven't decided on a set time to meet up, so any input would be nice :P
Sableye
I have it. (But you know that already.)
Do you know how to play on multiplayer? I can't seem to find any way to do so.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
You can't play Multiplayer till you play like four Missions on the first mansion.
Sableye
Ah, I figured it out, this is fun!
Saso-Hikage
I buy it immediately when it's released in Europe. That would be this thursday. :D
mm201
I've done the first 3 missions on the first mansion. Pretty cool so far. Goddamn those bats!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
If you flash your light at them (doesn't have to be fully charged), they turn into bills. You can also do this with other mobs, like mice, to get money.
mm201
SPOILER
Dayum, that implies sucking up the golden mice wasn't the best course of action? >_<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
Yeah... It wasn't till like the 3rd or 4th mission that I found out you could do that >< Anyway... watch out for ANY gold mobs.
Sableye
Okay, I'm at the second mansion andWhy do they have that random giant pile of crows flying around?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Same here (as of this post). Loving the difficulty scale so far.

Anyway, so my thoughts on multi: it's nowhere near as hectic as I thought it'd be, but then again I've only been doing Hunter on Normal.

EDIT: WHY'S IT SO HARD TO GET A 3 STAR/GOLD RANK?! /ragecaps
Sableye
Yeah, I haven't been able to get a single 3 Star rank yet. I wonder if you just have to complete it in like 10 minutes while still getting the Boo and getting all the gems?
foulcoon
Got this game and did the first 3 missions on first mansion. Pretty fun.

Kind of annoyed how its broken up into shorter missions, but its still good.

SPOILER
Dude, E. Gadd, stop fucking calling me so much!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Doodey wrote:

Yeah, I haven't been able to get a single 3 Star rank yet. I wonder if you just have to complete it in like 10 minutes while still getting the Boo and getting all the gems?
Having a LOT of money helps. Try catching multiple ghosts at once if you can, search EVERYWHERE that's available for that mission (though some areas will be empty regardless...), try your best not to lose health, finding and completing secret Bonus Areas (at least one mission per mansion), etc.

foulcoon wrote:

Got this game and did the first 3 missions on first mansion. Pretty fun.

Kind of annoyed how its broken up into shorter missions, but its still good.

SPOILER
Dude, E. Gadd, stop fucking calling me so much!
I'm more annoyed that the missions are pretty much repetitive, especially if you're trying to go for Gold Rank :roll:

Not sure if spoiler, but anyway...
The main reason why he'd call so much: you're going the wrong way while doing the mission.
Sableye
Best part of the game: the original Luigi's Mansion music for the ringtone on your Double Scream.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Doodey wrote:

Best part of the game: the original Luigi's Mansion music for the ringtone on your Double Scream.
I'm half-tempted to make it as my ringtone, but hardly anyone calls me anywa--wait... I could probably use it as my Skype ringtone whenever I decide to play ScareScraper with others =o
Saso-Hikage
Still hate German mail. If you live in a little village like I do, they need ways to long to deliver your stuff :/
I hopefully receive Luigi's Mansion on saturday...
Hero Claw
I love the game so far, but i dont have enough time to play it :( sucks to be student

Saso-Hikage
I tried the multyplayer yesterday. It's actually pretty cool if you have a nice team. ^^
Well, there are also people who just do nonsense like running into the knight's armors over and over again just to annoy you :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I really wanna try a full Hunter run with others one day, but I don't really trust randoms...
Saso-Hikage
I did a 10 stages hunter run today and on the 6th floor 2 players quitted. :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've finished a 10 before, though on Normal.
Saso-Hikage
SPOILER
I'm kinda disappointed of the last 2 bosses. I've finished the Ice Mansion (don't know its English name) so far. Nice atmosphere, but only 3 real missions :P
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

I really wanna try a full Hunter run with others one day, but I don't really trust randoms...
Buy me a copy then. :roll:
OzzyOzrock
my little brother already wrecked this game

my turn plz
Dieathan
I really need to hurry up with this game. Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming out next week and I'm only half-done with the second mansion.
jericho2442
really pro game, amazing fun and great online, yea i advise everyone to get this ace thing and we get a nice group going! i have it too :p
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So we still needa schedule a 4 player meet-up... :P
Ekaru
Nabbed it today. Going to enter my codes soon so that I can get SM3D Land. I should be all set in 3DS games now until whenever we wind up getting Mario Golf: World Tour, which should have me set until Oct.
Moriya Suwako
I've passed 1-1.<3
This is the first time I've ever played Luigi's Mansion series. Ah because I don't have a NGC so I can't play the former one. :(
Anyway, the game is better than I expected. However I'm feeling upset about the saving system:I can't save the data until I pass the course or have no HP remaining. :(
Moriya Suwako
Oh yeah I haven't tried the mutiplayer mode so far, although some of my friends have got the game
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wanna try playing it together this weekend? (Not sure when you'll be available, though...)
OzzyOzrock
ZeroPunctuation actually liked this game :O
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Uhh... who?
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Wanna try playing it together this weekend? (Not sure when you'll be available, though...)
Oh, I should unlock online mode today so that if tomorrow's a ghost town again we can play some online.
Moriya Suwako

Blazevoir wrote:

Unfortunately I have no time this weekend. :(
show more