forum

How to improve (4k)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lifelyless
Hello everyone so I'm now stuck in 5*-6* 4k and can't play anything higher diff than that, so I'm thinking how to improve, but I just keep being stuck right there for so long and no progress. What should I do? Should I play 7k to improve 4k? Should I physically train my skills like wearing gloves? Also I found some post about types of reading, vertical reading and horizontal reading. Should I try to switch my type of reading if I want to improve? Any advice is appreciated thanks.
Lights
Personally, i think you're overthinking it. you seem to be improving pretty steadily to me. 7*+ 4key charts are more of a test of how long and how fast you can mash, theres still quite a bit you can be doing with 4-6star charts imo. keep at it.
[LS]PositoniX
don't stress yourself over star rating, it is not an accurate measurement of skill especially in its current state. 7* is not achieveable without a copious amount of jumptrills/LNs.

on top of that, as you improve, maps get exponetially harded and harder to improve on, slowing improvement.

i reccomend you get more unranked practice maps and train on them.

what skills are you struggling on? i can reccomend advice and maps for you
Topic Starter
Lifelyless

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

don't stress yourself over star rating, it is not an accurate measurement of skill especially in its current state. 7* is not achieveable without a copious amount of jumptrills/LNs.

on top of that, as you improve, maps get exponetially harded and harder to improve on, slowing improvement.

i reccomend you get more unranked practice maps and train on them.

what skills are you struggling on? i can reccomend advice and maps for you
Mostly LN, some speed burst and CJ(also vibro lol). I am really struggling with it rn. Like the hardest diff on ranked Blue Zenith I can barely fc the LN part but with really bad acc. And also I can't pass Memoria hardest diff (CJ).

Lights wrote:

Personally, i think you're overthinking it. you seem to be improving pretty steadily to me. 7*+ 4key charts are more of a test of how long and how fast you can mash, theres still quite a bit you can be doing with 4-6star charts imo. keep at it.
Okay thanks. I really didn't know I just rushed to improve too quickly until you told me. Sometimes I literally mindblock because of how impatient I was lol
animeslayergp
why did you make this thread when your better than alot of people incluiding me,it really pisses me off
ok bye

animesquadgp wrote:

why did you make this thread when your better than alot of people incluiding me,it really pisses me off
Because they want help since they're in a slump, all pros at something are going to run into a wall at some point and they can't just rely on their own knowledge to get out of it, most times they need help from people with similar experiences and/or more experience. I see myself asking my friend for advice almost all the time.

Lifelyless wrote:

Hello everyone so I'm now stuck in 5*-6* 4k and can't play anything higher diff than that, so I'm thinking how to improve, but I just keep being stuck right there for so long and no progress. What should I do? Should I play 7k to improve 4k? Should I physically train my skills like wearing gloves? Also I found some post about types of reading, vertical reading and horizontal reading. Should I try to switch my type of reading if I want to improve? Any advice is appreciated thanks.
Like Lights said, you're doing good considering the fact I couldn't even consistently pass Blue Zenith at that rank, just keep playing and you'll get out eventually
Topic Starter
Lifelyless

ok bye wrote:

animesquadgp wrote:

Because they want help since they're in a slump, all pros at something are going to run into a wall at some point and they can't just rely on their own knowledge to get out of it, most times they need help from people with similar experiences and/or more experience. I see myself asking my friend for advice almost all the time.

Lifelyless wrote:

Like Lights said, you're doing good considering the fact I couldn't even consistently pass Blue Zenith at that rank, just keep playing and you'll get out eventually
thanks pro gamer
nadavv
7k wont help jack shit in 4k if you can already play 6* stuff. physicality is weak af on 7k players. idk play moar lul
Nator1
You may hate to see this but play more
Lights

M1ch1na wrote:

In a thread full of mostly on-point feedback, thats the best you could come up with?
[LS]PositoniX

animesquadgp wrote:

why does it piss you off? did he attack you?

Lifelyless wrote:

Mostly LN, some speed burst and CJ(also vibro lol). I am really struggling with it rn. Like the hardest diff on ranked Blue Zenith I can barely fc the LN part but with really bad acc. And also I can't pass Memoria hardest diff (CJ).
try playing jumptrill maps repeatedly. i played a jumptrill map around 40 times in a row and accidentally pushed jacks from being terrible to being decent. this doesnt work for everyone but you should try it out.

obviously this alone doesnt push chordjacks, so if you want i can link you to compulsive chordjack collection, a map pack of around 100 chordjack files. just grind those files for a while and you'll improve.

not very good at ln so cant give you that much advice, but a vital step in learning ln is release timing. train on some ln maps just to be able to figure out how does release timing work. improve at timing when to release long notes. this alone will give you massive improvement
animeslayergp

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

[quote="animesquadgp"]why did you make this thread when your better than alot of people incluiding me,it really pisses me off
why does it piss you off? did he attack you?

kind off yeah,but i dont care anymore :/
Lights
animesquadgp, if you'd be willing to accept a piece of unsolicited advice:

being good at this game is entirely relative. everyone is better than someone at something and everyone is worse than someone at something. a lot of players, no matter how "Good" they are overall, still have areas where they're looking to improve. I certainly don't think anyone should be discouraged from wanted to get better from the game, but trying to become "good" is pretty much a never-ending climb.

Consider the fact that your accuracy is probably better than a number of players with double your pp total, you have your strong points just like anyone else. Accept what you do well and work on improving what you don't
animeslayergp

Lights wrote:

animesquadgp, if you'd be willing to accept a piece of unsolicited advice:

being good at this game is entirely relative. everyone is better than someone at something and everyone is worse than someone at something. a lot of players, no matter how "Good" they are overall, still have areas where they're looking to improve. I certainly don't think anyone should be discouraged from wanted to get better from the game, but trying to become "good" is pretty much a never-ending climb.

Consider the fact that your accuracy is probably better than a number of players with double your pp total, you have your strong points just like anyone else. Accept what you do well and work on improving what you don't
hard to agree with but ill still try to get better for the goals i want to reach
Nator1

Lights wrote:

M1ch1na wrote:

In a thread full of mostly on-point feedback, thats the best you could come up with?

It is me 4 months later I still stand by this
Haengsyo

M1ch1na wrote:

Lights wrote:

M1ch1na wrote:

It is me 4 months later I still stand by this
I agree with this as well; unlike games like osu!standard, osu!mania is all about playing more. You learn the skillsets as you just play the game.
Lights
So you both felt the need to post just to say you have no meaningful feedback to offer. Thats what I come to these forums to see, bravo.

4 months late, at that.

EDIT: to clarify, everyone and their dog knows that playing and practicing is the most important element to improving. But it isn't the only one. Stating the obvious in a thread that clearly isn't looking for that is pretty pointless.
Nator1

Lights wrote:

So you both felt the need to post just to say you have no meaningful feedback to offer. Thats what I come to these forums to see, bravo.

4 months late, at that.

EDIT: to clarify, everyone and their dog knows that playing and practicing is the most important element to improving. But it isn't the only one. Stating the obvious in a thread that clearly isn't looking for that is pretty pointless.
Yep thats all I have to say cry about it
Zelzatter Zero

M1ch1na wrote:

>Saying "Play more" to someone who has already taken that advice and improve well, in a thread where people already have another solid advice for OP.
>"Yep thats all I have to say"

How about you cry about it?
Nator1

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

M1ch1na wrote:

>Saying "Play more" to someone who has already taken that advice and improve well, in a thread where people already have another solid advice for OP.
>"Yep thats all I have to say"

How about you cry about it?
E
show more