forum

New monitor + tablet area question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I have difficulty resolving this in my head. Say I play at 1280x800, and I have my tablet region area cover the entire game (1280x800). Now I buy a bigger monitor that supports double the resolution @ 1560x1600. I then set my tablet region area to cover, again, the entire game (now 1560x1600). Now regarding my pen/tablet gameplay, has anything changed?

The rectangle of my tablet area would be the same, right. In the larger resolution, the movement of the pen on the screen would appear to be faster? If it does move faster, that does not affect the movement of my pen in relation to 1280x800 resolution? It would be identical?

Last, what if I get a monitor with the same aspect ratio, but not doubled the size? Would everything be the same as mentioned in the above paragraph? And would doing any of this (increasing resolution) benefit me at all? Hope these makes sense. Thanks for a reply.
RBRat3
It will be the exact same regardless of the physical size and or pixel density as long as the ratio remains the same. Your max tablet area is always relative to your screen (unless your playing windowed, odd ball rez's like 4:3 in 16:9 or forced proportions).
TakuMii
1280x800 and 2560x1600 have the same aspect ratio, so if you have the game fullscreen on both (or have the screen area of the tablet limited to the osu! window on both), then pen movement will be exactly the same. The only thing that will change is the size of your screen, meaning you'll be moving your eyes more when using the bigger screen (unless you play in windowed mode).