forum

Good Headsets for gaming?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unbr34k4bl3
I'd like to start a discussion about Headsets. And I basicly need a new one, and thought of the Cyborg F.R.E.Q. 5 Headset. But I'm not sure.
Does anyone know them, how they are, perfom, etc.?

What do you peep have as your headset? What would you recommend me*?

* No wireless, no 5.1 or 7.1 Headsets those have a awfull audio quality, and cost a lot.
MMzz
Jarby
The consensus on this issue is to just buy headphones to suit your needs a separate clip on microphone. Head-fi's guide is pretty useful for this.
awp

MMzz wrote:

I use these. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-deta ... rce-p11/46
I use these as well

the mic isn't very good, but does seem to have some peak-dampening stuff so if you get excited and shout into the microphone like an idiot from time to time as I do, it doesn't completely destroy the audio/ears

the headset is very comfortable. I've worn it for 4 hours straight without wanting/needing to take it off for a break
dkun

MMzz wrote:

I use the X11, same variant. Very good stuff!
WingSilent
I use the Triton Kunai for my ps3 and my pc.

Such a good choice but €59.99 isn't too expensive.
JAKACHAN

dkun wrote:

MMzz wrote:

DKUN-SAMA WE USE THE SAME HEADPHONES <3333
Topic Starter
Unbr34k4bl3
Well after all. I got the Steelseries 7H Fnatic Edition. The Fnatic isn't a typo.
I'm pretty happy bout it :3 Just need to wait till tuesday. When they're here -> totally gonna test em out like hell.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/s ... ic-edition
IppE

Jarby wrote:

The consensus on this issue is to just buy headphones to suit your needs a separate clip on microphone. Head-fi's guide is pretty useful for this.
This.

Gaming headphones generally have shoddy drivers and are plasticity, just get proper headphones instead and a separate mic.
D33d
Specifically, a desk mic. That tiny Zalman clip-on seems to be popular, but I really doubt that it's any good.

Steelseries stuff seems like it'd be the best of the lot, but standalone headphones focus on one thing and one thing only--sounding good. They're generally constructed better, have better transducers and, for those which are closed-back, isolate excellently.
maal
get beats lol

Nah jk. Gaming headsets from SteelSeries, are iirc very popular among gamers. I'd recommend getting a pair from there.
Naikaze
Get a headphone and a separate mic.
Cropzy
1. Purchase Audiophile headphones
2. Purchase cheap standalone mic
3. Attach cheap mic to desk or headphones
4. ??????????????
5. Profit!
IppE

Cropzy wrote:

I wouldn't really go that far just for gaming, seeing as when you go there you pretty much need an amp as well and that just increases the price.
Jarby

IppE wrote:

Cropzy wrote:

I wouldn't really go that far just for gaming, seeing as when you go there you pretty much need an amp as well and that just increases the price.
Audiophile isn't really a great term to describe equipment since it varies from person to person. One person may describe headphones >$100 as audiophile while another would describe the $100 area as low end. Essentially, purchase good headphones within your budget.
VoidnOwO
:)
dNextGen
Senn HD 202
Naikaze

dNextGen wrote:

Senn HD 202
Plus a mic
Nesk
Don't get turtle beaches, they break easy. I'd recommend Astro headest :3
Cropzy
ill help

Shadow
^

I can vouch for the Sennheiser headsets, they are a good buy. I've been using this brand for years and I've never been disappointed. Not even disturbed by the fact that I dished out a lot of money for just a headset =p
Lokovodo
I use the
SPOILER
Steel Series Siberia v2
Its a pretty good headset and if your a fan of dota2 you will be pleased with the Na'Vi edition.
Backfire

dkun wrote:

MMzz wrote:

I want to laugh, but it would be rude. But not really, because I have these.

The X11s are pretty terrible (imo). Crap mic, broke really easy on the ear-pieces. I didn't even like, throw them down, the bastards just snapped off. Really poor quality material :C

I don't really reccomend them. Maybe for listening to your xbox in surround sound for cheap but...anything else it does isn't good. It also didn't work properly as an xbox mic as it said it would. It picks up like way too much sound.
aggums
I'm using Sennheiser HD201s right now -- they were really, really cheap and work fantastically! Only downside is that there's no microphone attached, but I have a desk microphone anyway.
theowest

_agm wrote:

I'm using Sennheiser HD201s right now -- they were really, really cheap and work fantastically! Only downside is that there's no microphone attached, but I have a desk microphone anyway.
same, but "Genuine" Sennheiser CX55 In-Ear Stereo Earphone with Carrying Bag (3.5mm Jack/120CM-Cable)

so cheap, so very very awesome.
Icyteru
I would recommend buying headphones + a seperate mic. You can get a set of high quality headphones for around 50 dollars, and then add in 3 dollars for a desktop mic if you're only VoiPing for games or something, or a seperate high quality mic if you're planning to do professional recording. I use the superlux hd681F, and it's great for it's $30 price tag
Cropzy

_agm wrote:

Used to have these, they were very good for the price, however they leak sound.
show more