forum

Bugs with the new UI [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
TakuMii

Teraku wrote:

Pretty sure osu! doesn't support 5:4 resolutions.
peppy added 5:4 support a few patches ago, but it's not completely polished yet.
Winshley
That's because some of the interfaces seem to stuck under 4:3 resolution despite the different resolution settings. The position of mod icons are still within the 4:3 window despite using widescreen resolution as well.

Also, if you used the 5:4 resolution, the playfield is getting almost outside the window as well, making the notes going almost offscreen at left and right side!
Ayesha Altugle
please merge this

this one still happens

Should be fades like ranking-graph
Anzo
And also this one...
If the song name is too long, you'll see that the bar extends too much.

EDIT: Just browsed through the low priority section and I found the similar issue, but since it's a part of the UI I decided not to delete my post.
theowest
Spectating someone causes the cursortrail to disapear? (need confirmation on this)
I think this is just this bug: t/124409

and

replacing the hitcircle.png caused this, I didn't touch the hitcircleoverlay.png, really crazy slider hitcircles
t/121930

so those were the two points I removed from the op. I've boxed everything else and made it list in numerical order.
TakuMii
The back-button overlapping the personal rank box is still a bug and isn't in the OP :/

Ayesha Altugle
some items in design tab should overlap background Image/Video Tab

you can rename this if someone merged it

OsuMe65

score number bugs... :/
MillhioreF

OsuMe65 wrote:

That's a problem with your skin, not the new skin/UI.
OsuMe65

MillhioreF wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

That's a problem with your skin, not the new skin/UI.
all of mah sizes are correct...
=_=

EDIT: that happend to me after the latest update. even restarting osu! won't do
TheVileOne
The issue with the performance timeline should really be fixed soon really. It's a noticeable flaw in the UI that is hard to miss.

Last night I noticed that performance line draws over the show Online rank button if it dips too low. No scrolling is necessary.
TouchFluffyTail

OsuMe65 wrote:

all of mah sizes are correct...
=_=

EDIT: that happend to me after the latest update. even restarting osu! won't do
It looks like you're trying to use @2x size numbers while not having a full set, so it's messing up while applying different sized number graphics. Are you sure you have @2x for score-0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 AND score-comma, score-dot, score-percent, and score-x?
TheVileOne

Small overlap with the Background/Video backglow.
Xierra

TheVileOne wrote:

Small overlap with the Background/Video backglow.
Rup. Seen this too. I believe this goes to everyone else too.
Confirming :D
Garygoh884

My song selection screen got screwed up.
Dark Espeon
I don't know what is going on, but:

osu! beatmaps:

Can't see nicknames, life bar, combo, score etc.

taiko:

can't see ANYTHING

Also, after I quit bugged beatmap, all background pictures disappear
-Seren-
i have the same prob with Gargoh884

edit: and when searching this happens
primrose
Confirming garygoh's problem (looks like this happened on widescreen resolutions)
those

Loading spinning circle outside proposed area at bottom
zinckingeye
also the animation of graph line. check at time 0:14 of this video...
Anzo
Star Ratings in Edit mode with offsets, I don't know if it's intentional or not.
quaternary
On the ranking screen, the performance graph position has a 1 frame lag.

Anzo

zinckingeye wrote:

also the animation of graph line. check at time 0:14 of this video...
The video is private dudz.

EDIT: o.o
-Seren-
the bar line is out of place from the ranking graph :|

nanda2009
oh look.

The bookmark button is blocked while editing an o!m-specific map.
Garygoh884
I think most elements need some fixing for the multiplayer team VS results screen. Here is the following:

SPOILER

1: The old back to menu button is still displayed even if it was replaced with the back button.
2: There are scoring elements from CtB/Mania replaced with the osu! scoring elements.
3: The performance graph is not aligned properly.
4: Was the score figure out of the 'score rectangle' or intended behavior?
5: The background is not aligned to center the image is widescreen.
Landere
Bug found while spectating someone.
Not sure if it's allready mentioned here so I'll just say it.

AaronLyc
so many problems you have.. I just have few skin problems such as the new UI's spinner doesn't work. :o
Landere
The skip button was bugged while I spectated and didn't press it

silmarilen
thats a known issue and even has its own topic (yay for nobody responding to topics)
p/2373177/

im 100% sure i saw a different topic of it aswell but i couldnt find it
MillhioreF
#10 in the OP has been fixed.
WiiPlayer2
Explain the issue you are having:
When playing Team Vs, the result screen is moved to the right, but the performance curve is on the (i think) right place. I think the whole screen has to be centered.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Play Team Vs
2. Play a while match
3. Watch to the buggy result screen and osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Screenshot:
MillhioreF
Let's merge your topic into the OP of this thread.

Also, can anyone find a map where this happens? I haven't been able to find one:

primrose

MillhioreF wrote:

Let's merge your topic into the OP of this thread.

Also, can anyone find a map where this happens? I haven't been able to find one:

Seether - Fake It by [Dellirium]
Patterik
When I start osu! I can hear it but I the display doesn't show up so I have to ctrl-alt-del. :(
XPJ38

thepatrickjb wrote:

When I start osu! I can hear it but I the display doesn't show up so I have to ctrl-alt-del. :(
Wrong topic. Anyway, hold Shift while starting osu! and answer "no" when asked about OpenGL.
Ciao
Not sure if anybody else has this problem, but since the new patch I can only press the 'skip' button after retrying a song every other time. Basically if I fail a song and I want to skip the long intro, I have to press escape and retry twice to make the skip button appear.

screenshot:
RBRat3

Floating wrote:

Not sure if anybody else has this problem, but since the new patch I can only press the 'skip' button after retrying a song every other time. Basically if I fail a song and I want to skip the long intro, I have to press escape and retry twice to make the skip button appear.
Haven't come across this yet but have you tried hitting spacebar to see if it will still skip?
Ciao

RBRat3 wrote:

Floating wrote:

Haven't come across this yet but have you tried hitting spacebar to see if it will still skip?

Nope, both spacebar and clicking the area where the skip should be don't work. It's not the hugest problem ever, but it's pretty annoying having to double retry anytime i mess up a song x_x

edit: also the songs hit notes become invisible on the plays that have no skip at the beginning -_-

i'll probably just reinstall and see if that changes anything

edit2: ok so the new patch kinda fixed the skip thing, when first starting a song the skip isn't there but if i retry the skip is there and stays there for any other retries to come so it's not really a problem anymore
TheVileOne
The skip isn't fixed. Video and storyboard issues were fixed, but Skip behavior is still broken.
show more