forum

Bugs with the new UI [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
theowest

ErufenRito wrote:

Anyways, I have also noticed that the cursor trail doesn't behave the same way as it's used to do (it's less notorious now) Any way to change it back?
By not using the default cursor. You could try to skin it out when the new default template becomes available: t/123276

peppy wrote:

I will make the new skin available for use as a template in the near future. Keep a watch on the skinning forum.
or even now disable the effect on your own skin t/119648
by not including the cursormiddle.png I believe.
philipov
sliderscorepoint.png is not displaying on 90% of sliders. In skin-selection, there is a random chance I will see them when I start osu!. While playing, they show up once in a while on really slow sliders. Never see them on anything above normal difficulty.

EDIT: From what I can tell, there's a constant delay before the tickers appear. If a slider is faster than a certain speed, tickers will never show even on long sliders, because the ball has already crossed the tickers before the delay is over.

EDIT2: Made a separate thread for this by request.
Mismagius

YayMii wrote:

The alignment of ranking-perfect.png is different after this update, and causes issues with my skin (and some others)
EDIT: another thing to note is the number placement+spacing on the score is off.

confirming
primrose
Countdown is not aligned.
deadbeat
^that gets fixed when you tick the prefer new default skin when skin not available box in the skin options :p
but having it work regardless would be nice
frfrfr_old
Custom spinner has darkened background, before the upgrade such was not.
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/663343
primrose

deadbeat wrote:

^that gets fixed when you tick the prefer new default skin when skin not available box in the skin options :p
but having it work regardless would be nice
But I still want that style of countdown D:
- Kashiyuka -
Happened after playing team vs online, far off compared to everyone elses that I've seen:
peppy

frfrfr wrote:

You can fix this by adding to skin.ini:

SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
Shadowofsora
I've the same problem like frfrfr and added the SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 (i just copy-pasted it so theres no typo) and have stille the problem with the darkened background.
mosluv
The spacing between each number of the score is off on the results screen:

ScoreOverlap: 15 - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/665680
ScoreOverlap: 30 - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/665662 (It just makes everything else closer but not the score)

I disabled new default in options and it gets worse: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/665687.

What to do? o:
theowest

Nexy wrote:

I disabled new default in options and it gets worse: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/665687.
I'd say this is the best one (it looks normal), it's just a bit misaligned from the default skin-might be your custom score points' fault.

edit:

this is pretty misaligned

in design tab.

I also noticed you can change the beatmap snap divisor by clicking on the right places of that button.
Francis
When the result screen shows up in multiplayer, you would see 2 back on it.
They both do the same action when clicked on and that is bringing you back to the multiplayer room.
Useless stuff in result screens :?

1. Play in a multiplayer room
2. Play till the result screen
3. Click on the back on the bottom left of the result screen
or
3. Click on Return to menu
4. Both of them will bring you back to multiplayer room

Only works on multiplayer

theowest
I know someone mentioned this in a post somewhere, but for now, it should just be together with the other UI bugs over at this topic: t/123277

I hope nobody minds if I merge this.
Francis
Merge it.
I don't mind.
theowest
done, also updated with this duplicate as well: t/123780/

Please let us know (me) whenever you find a duplicate/another bug so I can add it to the OP.
Full Tablet
In the result screens. If you select the checkbox to use the current default skin for missing elements, the default "Watch Replay Button" will be always used, even if you have a custom one.

This problem doesn't happen with other buttons in the screen (the retry button, and the extra "return to menu" button in multiplayer).

EDIT: This happens because the new ranking screen buttons are "pause-replay" (even though there is no replay button in the pause screen) and "pause-retry" instead of "ranking-replay" and "ranking-retry".

Also, as something minor:

I can't find a way to fill that gap in the interface while using the new alignments.
Xierra

Francis56789 wrote:

When the result screen shows up in multiplayer, you would see 2 back on it.
They both do the same action when clicked on and that is bringing you back to the multiplayer room.
Useless stuff in result screens :?

theowest wrote:

I know someone mentioned this in a post somewhere, but for now, it should just be together with the other UI bugs over at this topic: t/123277

Facepalm. "The post somewhere" is in the same thread on the first page, and that was my post a few days earlier -_-
p/2185696

Btw good work on merging things up and making this thread sticky. It will come in handy!
frfrfr_old

peppy wrote:

frfrfr wrote:

SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
This option wont work, because its not playfield. Its spinner-background. And before spinner-bg in game looks like http://puu.sh/2lOOx
theowest

Xierra wrote:

theowest wrote:

Facepalm. "The post somewhere" is in the same thread on the first page, and that was my post a few days earlier -_-
p/2185696

Btw good work on merging things up and making this thread sticky. It will come in handy!
oshit. How could I miss that? I thought someone posted it here already, oh well.
karma_komodo

C_Venn wrote:

the lighting after hitting a note is too small..and ugly
this has been bothering me a lot :cry:
Miracle Lotus
Background appearing on top when there's a spinner:

Might be a problem with only my skin, but meh.
frfrfr_old

Miracle Lotus wrote:

Background appearing on top when there's a spinner:

SpinnerFadePlayfield: 1
deadbeat
the userpanel boxes seem to be too small. avatars and what not go over the borders ._."
TicClick
When a beatmap has a custom spinner, ignoring the whole skin makes osu! use old default one. I am not sure if this is intended (I have "Prefer new default when skin is not available" box checked).
Francis
Sometimes, the cursortrail disappears randomly. Happened just now in multiplayer.
Sorry I can't give screenshots. They capture too fast =.=
chelly
I've posted this in the new release thread but it would appear I didn't get any help or replies.

The ranking screens are messed up for me.

Without Prefer New Skin:
SPOILER

The letter grade is cut off and all the numbers are unaligned. Not in the screenshot, but the spinners when Prefer New Skin is not checked are cut off and the background makes the spinner look ugly.

With Prefer New Skin:
SPOILER

The numbers are a bit better but the total score is off. The Watch Replay Button is forced and overrides any custom ones. Also not in the screenshot, the new spinner overrides old spinners (probably done on purpose) which is why I don't use the Prefer New Skin -- even if everything else is fixed.

Everything around the spinner is only dimmed and not fully darkened, making the spinner stand out on the map background:
SPOILER

I run a 1366 x 768 monitor btw
Also, when I add SpinnerFadePlayField: 0 to my skin.ini, it corrupts it and osu! gives me an error message telling me to correct any errors.

Also a small tidbit, but for me, the "X retries and counting" flickers and doesn't display properly on maps when I'm not using mods which makes it hard to see how many times I've retried a map. No way to screenshot this because it's not there.
Miracle Lotus
Random X16 on the top right when selecting song:

theowest

Miracle Lotus wrote:

that's the intended osu!mania speed you can set using Ctrl - or +
Miracle Lotus

theowest wrote:

Miracle Lotus wrote:

that's the intended osu!mania speed you can set using Ctrl - or +
Ah.
MLGnom
Dimmed spinner background (old style) is a bug that have happened in last updates.

Spinner background was fine 5 days ago.

TouchFluffyTail
Two quick small things

1) When you gain enough level EXP to level up but NOT raise your EXP bar in the next level (like 0.01% or something) your EXP bar will actually disappear completely from your display. (and this persists onto the main menu and the song select)
2) Once you gain some EXP to move the bar enough the bar will come back, and be totally misaligned on the stat screen. (after this happens on the initial screen the bar is totally fine)

#1 is a really old issue (old screenshots of it, but still happens the same) #2 is brand new

danyakun_old
Is there any way to turn off 'slow scrolling' ranking list in the song menu? It's so annyin >:(

UPD. Thanks god, new update 8-)

UPD2. And now it's instantly scrolls to bottom of the list with my scores... Seriously, what's wrong with these absolutely stupid interface changes? >:(
theowest

MLGnom wrote:

Dimmed spinner background (old style) is a bug that have happened in last updates.

Spinner background was fine 5 days ago.

try adding SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 in your skin.ini settings
frfrfr_old

theowest wrote:

Facepalm.jpg You really read this post? Read this again. And look on screenshots.
theowest

frfrfr wrote:

theowest wrote:

Facepalm.jpg You really read this post? Read this again. And look on screenshots.
sorry, didn't notice he had already written it on his box=

either way, it's a duplicate of t/124303/
TheVileOne
Explain the issue you are having:

I don't think it's good to have this text overlap the buttons. I know you can scroll up, but the buttons should be fully visible without scrolling IMO.
theowest
shouldn't that be a part of this topic t/123785
- Kashiyuka -
I spotted something weird. might be because I have the unified ranking thing but I'm not sure.
before the start of an online game:

During another game:
theowest

- Kashiyuka - wrote:

I spotted something weird. might be because I have the unified ranking thing but I'm not sure.
before the start of an online game:

During another game:
duplicate t/124441/
show more