forum

Eagle - S!ck

posted
Total Posts
show more
captin1
rip amazing slider, but still fantastic mapset, grats!
Satellite
congratz :3
Kanye West
fuck yeah amazing map as always
narakucrimson
Okay, I'm sorry but there's something here I just can't let you go with.

The mapset overall is fine, but Standard is way too hard to be the easiest difficulty on the mapset. No chance a new player can understand most of it. I got my sister to play it and she went apeshit on me "wtf, don't you have something easier for me?".

Thus, I'm unranking this until an easier difficulty is added - as I don't really think standard is bad at all, it's just too hard.

If you can't find the inspiration to do an Easy or find someone who can do it for you, then I volunteer a guest.

Good luck!

PD.: I'll mod the rest of the map later :D
Vertify
Aww! Make the easy diff ASAP then!
Kinomi

确实很难,卡酱也真是
Furudo_Erika_old
too hard~~~~?
Andrea
I don't even.

Moved back to Pending Beatmaps.
Lapis-
This unrank is a joke. Naraku. You unranked based off the assumption new players can't play it. How much has your sister played osu! ? I dont expect people with 0 playcount to do well on Standard diffs anyway. Did you consult with anyone before you made this unrank or what?
Akabato
我说我怎么update之后显示的还是pending,so sad,明明都抢到前排comments了
Natteke

narakucrimson wrote:

Okay, I'm sorry but there's something here I just can't let you go with.

The mapset overall is fine, but Standard is way too hard to be the easiest difficulty on the mapset. No chance a new player can understand most of it. I got my sister to play it and she went apeshit on me "wtf, don't you have something easier for me?".

Thus, I'm unranking this until an easier difficulty is added - as I don't really think standard is bad at all, it's just too hard.
Since when did osu care what your sister can or can not pass? I thought it was universally agreed not to use "can pass, therefore the map is ok" and "couldn't pass, therefore the map is not ok" but somehow it's okay for you to use such arguments?

I've looked at the map, 99% of is 1/1 clicks with only a few 1/2 notes, which is what any other easy/normal diff would look like.

Look at the following sections: 00:10:930 - 00:21:777 - 00:55:676 - it's pracrically empty space, how much easier do you have to make it for your sister to pass?

The star rating is inflated a bit because most of the notes are sliders, but they're not that hard to click. I don't personally agree with your decision, what's the point of adding yet another difficulty that wouldn't look much different from the current Standard?
Avena
Just some small things about the map, nothing too major but since it got unranked I guess now its my chance to make a post about it, Sorry I didn't get to modding it earlier before the bubble.

Standard
  1. 00:21:608 - This whole section feels a bit too quiet, I know some people hear it but I personally can't hear anything but the finish at the beginning of the section, maybe bump it up to 35% just to be safe?
  2. 01:10:591 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This section is visually strange and a bit sloppy, to be honest. If you really want to keep the concept of having it stacked, maybe have it at the center of the map and have a nicer looking pattern like an extremely small square that is stacked on itself? I made an example of how it could be:
    256,186,70591,5,0,0:0:0:0:
    261,192,70930,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    256,197,71269,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    250,192,71608,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    256,186,71947,5,0,0:0:0:0:
    261,192,72286,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    256,197,72625,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    250,192,72964,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    256,186,73303,5,0,0:0:0:0:
    261,192,73642,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    256,197,73981,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    250,192,74320,1,0,0:0:0:0:
  3. 01:44:489 (3,4) - This is a bit disorienting and confusing, you could maybe have a 3/2 slider that repeats once instead of (3,4,5), Keeping it as it is won't be all that horrible, but changing might be for the best.
  4. 01:49:235 (3,5) - Are the claps intentionally on the red tick? it sounds strange and unfitting to me.
  5. 01:51:269 (1) - Sliders that repeat a lot of times can be a bit confusing on low diffs, maybe removing 2 repeats and adding a circle at 01:51:947 - can work?
  6. 01:56:015 (8) - Again, is the clap really meant to be on the red tick?
Hyper
  1. 00:29:913 (5) - Since the red and white ticks aren't really stronger than the blue ticks, making this a 1/4 slider could sound better. Also, shouldn't it be up to 00:31:269 - ?
  2. 01:03:133 (2) - Shouldn't this start 2 ticks earlier? sounds a bit better to me.
  3. 01:10:591 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This looks a bit too simple imo, maybe rotating the whole pattern by 15 degrees or something can make it look a bit nicer?
Extra
  1. 00:08:218 (1,2) - This is pretty much unreadable if you play with HD, I know that you are not supposed to consider modes when mapping, but considering that changing this won't hurt the map that much but will improve the playability with HD by far, I think its worth changing.
  2. 00:33:896 (7,1) - Strange spacing change, I know this is sorta emphasised but it's a bit icky.
Frostmourne
01:10:591 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - If you look through only editor (which causes effect that you see notes after they hit so they will be much confusing)
once you start clicking "Test", it is much easier to read seriously.
It acts all 1/2 beat as well as overall of the map does.

Also it's clearly stated that it is "Standard" , not "Beginner". Do you expect "Normal" to be "Easy"?
If that is a case when it stands for "the easiest diff of the mapset", then it already loses its meaning of "Standard".

Also people are different, other beginners may find this easier than using other mapping wises.
kiddly
中国人民解放军发来贺电
双111
Ephoenix
因为一个bat说她妹妹pass不了
牢门:你问我支不支持 我说支持
Avena

Frostmourne wrote:

01:10:591 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - If you look through only editor (which causes effect that you see notes after they hit so they will be much confusing)
First of all, it's 1/1, Frostsilly~
Second thing, its a bit tough to keep a constant 1/1 rhythm over 12 notes when you are a new player, reading isn't an issue but clicking is.
And third thing, the only thing that is actually confusing about it is the strange and sorta random placement.
Frostmourne

Priti wrote:

Frostmourne wrote:

First of all, it's 1/1, Frostsilly~
Second thing, its a bit tough to keep a constant 1/1 rhythm over 12 notes when you are a new player, reading isn't an issue but clicking is.
And third thing, the only thing that is actually confusing about it is the strange and sorta random placement.
yeah, I am wrong but that means, it's even easier than I have thought.
narakucrimson
Guys please don't misunderstand, my sister has nothing to do with this, it's just a comment and you're making way too many assumptions over it.

Also the other option is that Standard is made a little easier, I just thought that wasn't the idea because the mapset was originally ranked, and that means the difficulty itself is fine.
HakuNoKaemi
Seriously, something easier than the standard would be an 1/1 or 2/1 nosense spam.
You may, maybe, ask some newbie to play it and see the parts which the newbie doesn't seem to play well

Parts you could try making easier ( I'm talking about the Standard )
  1. 00:29:913 (1) - Newbies may be confused, somehow, to play slider that repeat many times, so you may follow the stream with a slider
  2. 01:02:455 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Since the triplet can be harsh for newbies, try to use a slider pattern?
  3. 01:08:557 (2,3) - Music-wise, it seem the repeat is more intuitive use in the (2) instead of (3)
  4. 01:10:591 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - without antijump would maybe feel too repetitive, but, it's actually probably confusive for newbies (?) since the notes could be actually too much covered from the start. Combine this with whistles and claps

↓Continuing from the last slider of the image ↑
  5. 01:36:354 (5) - may be confusive for a newbie who couldn't(?) see the repeat, try this?
  6. 01:47:201 (1,2,3) - This may be easier(?) Use slidertick hitsound if you want the clap/hitnormal on the white tick
As you're here
  1. 00:10:930 (1,2,1,2) - add the whistle to the repeat
  2. 01:20:083 (x) - Since 01:17:371 (1,1) - says you where following the 2/1 focused sound, you can add a note here
  3. 01:24:150 (1,2) - add the whistle to the repeat
With CS-1 (Larger circles) too, it should be easy enough
HakuNoKaemi

narakucrimson wrote:

Guys please don't misunderstand, my sister has nothing to do with this, it's just a comment and you're making way too many assumptions over it.

Also the other option is that Standard is made a little easier, I just thought that wasn't the idea because the mapset was originally ranked, and that means the difficulty itself is fine.
The mapset was ranked because the FULL set was fine.

Anyway, a difficulty easier enough than the Standard would be too half-assed and boring.
And you shouldn't unrank with those reasonings
RatedNC17
Alright guys enough of these disrespectful comments... really. although i do agree a unrank was a little extreme...
Anticloud

spro wrote:

触卡你个傻逼还rank图 too young hehe
i agree with sbro

and the link of jenny's diff is not found
Bass
shen chu

Lan wings wrote:

叒B
Alright if trying to make the easy diff easier is gonna be helpful to the ones that played the game for the first time then it could be fine. Anyway, there should be a diff for the new players that knows only how to play.
Sometimes songs with higher bpm tend to be harder, and it needs some thoughts to make it more friendly to newbies.
InabaTewi
笑cry了
Charles445
It's always good to have an easy first difficulty, but I really don't think this one should be considered too hard.
The star rating is pretty high (3.24), but that's about it. The patterns aren't that tricky.
dkun
I don't agree with the unrank reason myself. I can see why it can be classified as "too hard", but there's no way that this is unrankable IMO.

PS: Source should be "beatmania IIDX" alone.
Charles445
Woah, Extreme at 00:08:218 - , I don't think that's a good idea.
You can see the sliderends and all but they really look like circles because of the overlapping and how short the sliders are.
Teara
The mapset must have a well-designed spread of difficulties, containing at least an Easy or a Normal difficulty (based on how the map feels): this is so that players of all levels of experience are able to enjoy maps of the songs they love.
In my opinion, the easiest diff in the mapset should be at such a level that even a player that as only played for a few weeks should be able to FC it. There are a few pattens in standard diff that I'd wager even players playing a month or two will struggle to do. The patterns in the standard diff might not seem hard to you or me, since we have been playing for ages and know how to sightread them, this is not the case for newer players who haven't acquired that level of skill yet. Its not something you can just come in and do. You only learn to sightread these types of patterns with experience.

The standard diff is at-least a "harder then normal but not quite yet hard" diff... I don't see what the problem is in making a easy diff for this mapset.

Just my two cents.
Charles445

Teara wrote:

The mapset must have a well-designed spread of difficulties, containing at least an Easy or a Normal difficulty (based on how the map feels): this is so that players of all levels of experience are able to enjoy maps of the songs they love.
In my opinion, the easiest diff in the mapset should be at such a level that even a player that as only played for a few weeks should be able to FC it. There are a few pattens in standard diff that I'd wager even players playing a month or two will struggle to do. The patterns in the standard diff might not seem hard to you or me, since we have been playing for ages and know how to sightread them, this is not the case for newer players who haven't acquired that level of skill yet. Its not something you can just come in and do. You only learn to sightread these types of patterns with experience.

The standard diff is at-least a "harder then normal but not quite yet hard" diff... I don't see what the problem is in making a easy diff for this mapset.

Just my two cents.
If a map doesn't show certain aspects of the game, though, it won't be learned.
This difficulty starts out extremely easy to read and very slowly gets slightly more difficult, which is fine. It teaches the player about elements slowly.

Here's how the Standard does that.

00:11:438 - Hinting at the existence of red ticks. This would be considered "offbeat" on a difficulty like this. Will come into play later.
00:18:727 - The very first overlapped object
00:21:777 - Second one. From this point on it becomes common.
00:28:218 (3) - This introduces the fact that circles can be where an old one was.
00:29:913 (1) - Repeats don't have to be a single repeat
00:33:472 - Introduction of red ticks as hinted by the repeats in the beginning of the map.
01:04:489 - Stacks aren't restricted to 2 objects.
01:10:591 - Reinforces the notion that stacks aren't restricted to 2 objects.
[Luanny]
you forgot "drumstep" on tags D:
woshiguabi
若干年后 回想起触卡因为作图太难导致BAT的妹妹离开osu而被BATunrank 我就会在心中默默的念一句 触卡傻逼
Nobel-chan

B-52 wrote:

Lan wings wrote:

叒B
Alright if trying to make the easy diff easier is gonna be helpful to the ones that played the game for the first time then it could be fine. Anyway, there should be a diff for the new players that knows only how to play.
Sometimes songs with higher bpm tend to be harder, and it needs some thoughts to make it more friendly to newbies.
check snow note's map 'Tenshi' and you'll find a normal marked with I
tho i dont think that map is rankable
Nobel-chan

KonataSuzumiya wrote:

Natteke wrote:

zhuihui
熊爷sb
Flower

woshiguabi wrote:

若干年后 回想起触卡因为作图太难导致BAT的妹妹离开osu而被BATunrank 我就会在心中默默的念一句 触卡傻逼
That's the most sad incidence since Nov 2012 (when Mother Ship was ranked and people spammed me on giving them my dress-up)

Ok sbtsuka plz just change something, I feel too sb on you. Sbtsuka, tsukasb, so sb and make me astonished. Ahh, tsuka is sb! (Rewrite meme)
Jycool
一九七九年那是一个春天
有一位老人在中国的南海边
画了一个圈
神话般地崛起座座城
奇迹般地聚起座座金山
春雷啊唤醒了长天内外
春辉啊暖透了大江两岸
啊中国啊中国
你迈开了气壮山河的新步伐
你迈开了气壮山河的新步伐
走进万象更新的春天
those
[Extra]
00:45:506 (2,3,4,5) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1254355 This would be a lot more safe (and thus, appealing) if you absolutely have to hide your slider just for the sake of difficulty. It's 1.5x sv at 00:45:845 - .
232,324,45845,2,2,B|272:312|272:312|316:328|316:328|356:316,1,127.500004863739,2|2,0:2|0:2,0:0:0:0:

If there's anything wrong, then I suppose that would be the only thing I find. I'm sure we'd be more than happy to put it back on track after all mentioned issues have been addressed.
Avena
Maybe add "sick" to tags? It's impossible to search with an exclamation mark in the website since it just derps and doesn't find anything.
Shadow
Will just drop this Ranking Criteria Changes here.

If people still get so upset about an unrank, the new system peppy is working and slowly implementing will impale on itself. Which makes me sad, since I"m looking forward to it.

Good luck with the rerank :)
Jenny
Alternatively, add a 'Beginner' diff instead of redoing Standard - I'd volunteer ó3ò
show more