forum

Performance rank missing on my user page for osu! [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VIDgamefrk9
Explain the issue you are having:

I cannot see my performance rank on my user page for osu! but can see it for every other mode

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

IDK if it is reproducible as it baffles me

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
XPJ38
That's because you haven't played enough beatmaps and had enough records for the game to calculate your performance rank. Play some more beatmaps and it should appear shortly.
Topic Starter
VIDgamefrk9
Well, it says my rank is 862890 in game

Icyteru
^That's your ranked score rank, not your pp rank. When you start getting pp, you will receive your pp graph, etc.
Topic Starter
VIDgamefrk9
No, that isn't my ranked score rank; what you see in the screenshot on the first post. another thing that bothers me is that when I check my online friends, it increases my rank, but when I play a map, it reverts back, it's as if I am getting nowhere. I played at least 20 to 30 rounds when I was on today and I still have nothing
Tshemmp
another thing that bothers me is that when I check my online friends, it increases my rank, but when I play a map, it reverts back, it's as if I am getting nowhere.
This "rank jumping" is a known bug, probably happening because you are switching between the game modes.
I played at least 20 to 30 rounds when I was on today and I still have nothing
Doesn't matter how much you play if you don't play well enough.
Tsukimi Luna
lol i find this funny...

This guy is getting nowhere

1 thing i would like to say is
Noone actually gives a damn about rank
They care about how you play instead
deadbeat
just checked VIDgamefrk9's profile and i'm seeing a graph now, though it's for taiko >_<
so everything seems to be working just fine really.

VIDgamefrk9: if you want a graph for osu! standard, you're going to need to earn pp from the looks of it. just keep playing and try high rank some normal's and or easy difficulties and you should get pp in no time. though not much :p

also the rank that your seeing ingame will be DIFFERENT to the rank on your profile grap until you earn pp. since you have no pp, the rank your seeing ingame is your rank from the old score based ranking system. everything should be fine once you get those first couple of pp :p
XPJ38

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

Well, it says my rank is 862890 in game

Oh. Yeah, I always wondered why these ranks (#200,000+ approximately) were sometimes displayed in-game but not on the website.

Do somebody know in the Support Team if there is any reason for this? Well, seems like I've got the answer from deadbeat :P

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

another thing that bothers me is that when I check my online friends, it increases my rank, but when I play a map, it reverts back, it's as if I am getting nowhere. I played at least 20 to 30 rounds when I was on today and I still have nothing
As Tshemmp said, this is probably because of switching modes. When watching a player in a different mode than yours, the game displays your rank in this game mode. Otherwise, this is because of your unstable performance rank.
Anyway, except for the above issue, don't worry too much about this, this phenomenon will disappear once you've set enough important records.
Topic Starter
VIDgamefrk9
but that is the thing I HAVE been setting records on mainly normal and hard maps and I usually get A's and B's when I have finished, which is fine to me. I hardly ever get an S rank because I have so much trouble with my mouse. That and my hand keeps cramping on me, but I am not going to give up, and no I am not switching modes, either because I see my respective rank for each mode display when I switch. and my rank usually increases on those modes, even if I get an A or B. Something is not right at all, but I will keep playing because I will get better

BTW XPJ38 cool sig
Topic Starter
VIDgamefrk9

Yuu-Chii wrote:

lol i find this funny...

This guy is getting nowhere

1 thing i would like to say is
Noone actually gives a damn about rank
They care about how you play instead
I do understand your perspective, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I see my rank go up even the slightest because I do good on a song
Full Tablet

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

but that is the thing I HAVE been setting records on mainly normal and hard maps and I usually get A's and B's when I have finished, which is fine to me. I hardly ever get an S rank because I have so much trouble with my mouse. That and my hand keeps cramping on me, but I am not going to give up, and no I am not switching modes, either because I see my respective rank for each mode display when I switch. and my rank usually increases on those modes, even if I get an A or B. Something is not right at all, but I will keep playing because I will get better

BTW XPJ38 cool sig
For getting pp in a map you need to be ranked ~#800 or better. With an A or a B it is very difficult to get that rank (unless it is a very unpopular map). Other game modes are easier to start getting pp because less people play those modes (so you get better rank even if you play poorly).
deadbeat

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

getting A's and B's isn't enough. you'll want S ranks, or even better yet SS's. this wiki page should hopefully help https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points

also trust me when i say pp rank doesn't matter much until you can fc insane's :p