forum

Confirm button for rating a map [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Forgive me my poor english, i'll try to make this clear in some way.

After I've played a map I have the oppurtunity to rate it. There is animation where the scores roll into the screen wich I always skip by clicking on the screen.
The problem is, the star rating pops-up immediatly after. I accidentally click on one of the stars for example... 4? U see, like this I've rated many maps lower than I intented and I think I'm not the only one who had this problem once. No, I'm not the one who's rating 1 on all maps. As far as I know I've once accidentally rated 4 on a gojou kai map (SAWWY :( :( :() and more good maps. If you still don't understand where i'm getting at, see the screenshot below this post.

I request a confirm button. You first select your star rating, then click confirm. :D get it?
yeah I know, it's not necessary and quite simple but you never know. Maybe there will be less 1, 2, 3, 4 ratings in the future with this :D

0_o
I would actually like it better if you could change your rating for a map. This would fix accidental ratings like lesjuh mentioned, and also changes of mind later (there are a lot of maps that I rated a while ago that I would rate differently now)
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

I would actually like it better if you could change your rating for a map. This would fix accidental ratings like lesjuh mentioned, and also changes of mind later (there are a lot of maps that I rated a while ago that I would rate differently now)
This. I had the same idea.

I would also like to be able to un-vote, too, in case I voted on a map I didn't wish to at all.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
That's totally not what I'm aiming for. just a button dood D:
think before you rate!!!
Real1
I agree. I accidentally gave a really crappy 2007 map a rating of 8 just the the other day.
Gemi

0_o wrote:

This has been suggested earlier and I'm still hoping for this to happen. ;)
Larto
Being able to change your rating. YES. BIG FAT YES. I WANT THIS.
Earlier, when I was stupid, I rated 10 for everything. Bawwwww.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I too would like a confirm button.

Not sure how plausible the vote-changing is, since a while ago I was told that the server doesn't keep track of what rating each individual person voted... it just keeps track of who has voted, and the current average. May have changed since then, when he added the ranking spread stats
machol30

0_o wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read the OP. Also, +1 support what strager said about an un-vote feature.
I think that everyone's personal tastes and preferences changes a lot as time goes on. When I was a newbie, I didn't know what made a rich and what made a poor map as I know it today. My vote would change over time, which, I believe, would give more accurate ratings. I'm not really sure how this would be implemented, but I think it would be pretty cool if it was. <3

LuigiHann wrote:

Not sure how plausible the vote-changing is, since a while ago I was told that the server doesn't keep track of what rating each individual person voted... it just keeps track of who has voted, and the current average. May have changed since then, when he added the ranking spread stats
I used to think the same, but...

Rating Spread:
It keeps track of who voted and the votes, but not who voted which votes? That's confusing. :?
Larto

lesjuh wrote:

I guess

Larto, you've always been stupid :)
Dunno why, because we love you <3

P.S mod my map lololol
That was the most useless post I've seen in a while.

Nevermind. Back on topic D:
Gens

0_o wrote:

omg yes please :D
anonymous_old

Larto wrote:

lesjuh wrote:

I guess

Larto, you've always been stupid :)
Dunno why, because we love you <3

P.S mod my map lololol

Nevermind. Back on topic D:

On the issue of votes not being saved between a user and a map ... I doubt that's the case. How else would you not be able to vote on a map other than it being detected that you've voted already? It also shows you what you voted.

A side feature: have a rating for each beatmap rather than the entire song/minipackthing.
peppy

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Rating Spread:
It keeps track of who voted and the votes, but not who voted which votes? That's confusing. :?
Since about one or two months ago, I have started tracking individual votes. Votes before that will be irreversible.

That said, I think the ability to change rating and possibly an interface redesign would be a good move forward.
Celestral
YES! I also vote for being able to change your votes or at least a confirmation box!
I have accidentaly rated some of my favourite maps a 1 or 4 or whatever, because I was rushing through that screen T_T
KawaiiLily
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
This has been changed in the latest test build. You guys should like the new system :).
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
yayz~ :)
avu_
I accidentally gave 2 terrible maps 10 stars the other day... Oops!! I know this thread is from 12 years ago but I would still love the option to change my rating :(
JOHNS
I want to be able to change my rating