forum

Spinner bug [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zumi
When I turn and spin the other way in the middle of a spinner, the spinner progress bar goes down to minimum before going up again.

It seems to only be a visual bug though. spinning enough to pass the spinner but spinning both directions so it's at the bottom still earns a hit300 as long as you spinned enough, you get bonus points while the progress bar goes down, etc.

Video:
theowest
First of all, if you try this with the new default skin, you won't see this custom beatmap skin spinner, bug topic for that here: t/123424

It doesn't matter which way you start spinning at, just start spinning to the opposite direction to see it go down.

confirming.
Froztic
apply to the new spinner too.

just spin CW <-> CCW until it say clear, the size then stays still.

edit: to be precise, i mean no more growing.
theowest

Froztic wrote:

apply to the new spinner too.

just spin CW <-> CCW until it say clear, the size then stays still.
are you sure? It does get just as red like it should when you spin more and it seems to be growing at the same rate as if you were spinning normally in just one direction.
Froztic
^

sure. compare to this, normal size when its clear

the red border tell when spinner end, not when spinner clear ;)

more red means nearly to end.
theowest
oh I see, but is it really not growing? Try it by not using auto mod.
Froztic
yep.

watch my replay: Loituma - Ievan Polkka [SPINNER-MADNESS]

the spinner becomes bigger when you spin, and smaller when you spin backward.

then the spinner clear while it become smaller (as you spin backward) and just stays there
theowest
oh I get it, you change direction half way through the spin. If you spin in one direction until you start getting points and then change to the opposite direction, it won't shrink or anything. Try that.

You're right with that it's the same bug for the default spinner too, but it doesn't seem that way when you continue to spin and change direction when you start getting bonus points. Take a look at my replay of that http://puu.sh/2kUPx Compare the default skin with a custom skin, they act differently in that regard.
Froztic
i see.

these spinners might use different function when you've already clear it.
but before that, i think they might use the same function (which need to be fix)

edit:

and i've tried with those replays too, seem fixed
theowest
Fixed.
[peppy] Fix rotating spinner in two directions causing progress to display incorrectly.
Thanks peppy!

However, it's a little annoying how the last progress bar keeps blinking as you continue to spin.