forum

[Archived] Key overlay is below Flashlight layer during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winshley
MillhioreF
And here I thought this was intended... perhaps not, if it differs between watching and playing?
Topic Starter
Winshley

MillhioreF wrote:

And here I thought this was intended... perhaps not, if it differs between watching and playing?
It wasn't the case before the new update. Now that happens only while playing.

I always keep the "Always show key overlay" turned on right when the key overlay is implemented. :P
theowest
Related topic: t/102056 which can be interrupted as a tech support topic like this one even.
oh and this one too: t/115788/ which you created.
Topic Starter
Winshley
Bumping this because of additional reason:

Changelog wrote:

[peppy] Show total press counts for each key on the input overlay.
peppy
I'm actually tempted to move all the remaining elements above the flashlight to below it.
[Dellirium]
You mean... Everything? :o
Topic Starter
Winshley

peppy wrote:

I'm actually tempted to move all the remaining elements above the flashlight to below it.

[Dellirium] wrote:

You mean... Everything? :o
^ This, especially if you wanted to make the score, accuracy, combo count, and HP bar below flashlight layer. xD
VoidnOwO

peppy wrote:

Ok. But don't forget to flip everything upside down when you pick hardrock. You know, to be fair to everyone...
peppy
That sounds like fun. I will probably make a lot of enemies doing so, though.
ReVeNg3r

peppy wrote:

That sounds like fun.
For you fun but for players real challenge.
TheVileOne
I think the white elements over the black flashlight overlay works well. It would be very hard to know if you're performing more accurately than a previous try if you do that. I mean there would be no way of knowing unless there is a lull in the music. I think you should introduce elements that make the game more fun. This would make flashlight less fun.
peppy
I think it'd make it more fun, personally.
El Koko
Clicking twice on DT gets Nightcore. Would it be too much to make double-click HR flip everything and double-click Flashlight hide everything?

That way everyone's happy.
Kert
I'd say it would be fine if everything is hidden except combo count and accuracy. (+ score too maybe but it's not that important)
chelly
Not knowing your score/accuracy = makes you worry about it the whole song = can't concentrate = die = not fun.

Or you know, at least make the flashlight point multiplier a bit higher.
karma_komodo
Key overlay over flashlight while playing? If that is going to happen then dont forget about the scoreboard x_x
Apart from that, i think no changes should be done.
[Dellirium]

Kokozord wrote:

Clicking twice on DT gets Nightcore. Would it be too much to make double-click HR flip everything and double-click Flashlight hide everything?

^ this.
[Luanny]

[Dellirium] wrote:

Kokozord wrote:

^ this.
+1
this upside down everything for HR would be so fun..
oh wait I think we are in the wrong forum?
Rei Hakurei

[Luanny] wrote:

+1
this upside down everything for HR would be so fun..
oh wait I think we are in the wrong forum?
yep, separate it to make safer, (also, right-clicking them, will do in reverse; my feature request :P)
because what Kokozord means is 2nd stage-FL and related to other mods "request/idea" =w=

(back to topic, i almost forget that i want to report this, but this one is already reported)