forum

[resolved] [Archived] beatmap could not loaded successfully? - OS X mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tyrantism
After today's update, most of my beatmaps could not loaded successfully. When I selected one song, then it begon load but after that the entire screem turns dark, finially the system shows that the beatmap could not loeaded successfully.

EVEN the previous beatmap cannot load right now !!!!!!!

How can I resolve this problem? :D
Topic Starter
tyrantism

theowest wrote:

I've experienced this every now and then, a few times every month since beatmaps started to load with the beatmap processing graphic and give you time to change visual settings, update.
but a lot of users seem to experienced this a lot more now since this recent update.

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do yourself to make it go away forever, you can just retry the beatmap again and it should play just fine.
theowest

tyrantism wrote:

theowest wrote:

I've experienced this every now and then, a few times every month since beatmaps started to load with the beatmap processing graphic and give you time to change visual settings, update.
but a lot of users seem to experienced this a lot more now since this recent update.

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do yourself to make it go away forever, you can just retry the beatmap again and it should play just fine.
as in it's happening extremely often now? Not sure what you mean by this.
Topic Starter
tyrantism

Xytox wrote:

Something similar happens to me.

If I start a song and then turn off beatmap skin, storyboard, background dim, etc. too fast, osu will fail to load the song. What will happen is that it just keeps loading the song without anything happening. I can't click esc or anything. The only way to get out of it is to either restart osu, or flicker the beatmap skin, storyboard or hitsounds options off and on a couple of times.

I know this has been a problem in the past for some people, but it only used to happen to me once or twice a month before the update. Now after the update, it has already happened thrice for me today.

Is that related to the new skin update? cuz I found my skin is not update yet?
theowest
As Xytox mentioned, it's been happening a lot more now since the latest update. It didn't happen very often before.
It might be related to the new default skin update, who knows.
Topic Starter
tyrantism

theowest wrote:

As Xytox mentioned, it's been happening a lot more now since the latest update. It didn't happen very often before.
It might be related to the new default skin update, who knows.
OK, thank you!
LegitGee
Explain the issue you are having:

When i barely downloaded the game, and tried to play the tutorial on the osx but then it said the beatmap could not be loaded

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Do something
2. Do something else
3. osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Topic Starter
tyrantism
Do you loaded your new skin? cuz I have the same problem, and I find out the OSU OSX is not update the new skin!!!!!
mashiro_123_old
im having the same problem also! D:ever since my osu updated, i have a macbook. i hope that they will fix it soon. I tried uninstalling it, then installing a new one file, but the beatmaps still wont load!
- [ Ducky ] -
after i updated osu with the new default skin i can't play most of my songs.

i click to play then song but it turns black and then it says the beatmap could not load successfully

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Topic Starter
tyrantism
even after today's update, my OSU! still unavaliable to work... OMG!
theowest
tyrantism, are you really playing the os x version of osu!?
You've replied to these guys, but they're using macs.
t/123503
not sure if this guy is having the same problem:
t/123486
same with you mashiro_123

Xytox is a windows user though, so I'm wondering if these issues are still connected and maybe magnified on mac.

edit: all windows user posts are splits from this post.
Topic Starter
tyrantism
yeah, I am the MAC user. I am apologize that I forget put "MAC USER" into the situation... sorry...
mashiro_123_old
I'm using a macbook to play osu. And ever since the new update and click on my alrwady downloaded beatmap. the loading screen pops up, but it will send me back to the original page! D: Plz do something quickly

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Do something
2. Do something else
3. osu! explodes in a million pieces!

---

yeah now i think it might be for macs only D: i hope they do something about it soon
Froztic
could you try this ?
t/123486

i know only that osu!.app wineskin hasn't updated for the new skin, but i don't have a real mac to actually test this out.
(vmware hackintosh can't even create wineskin cached properly, lol)
MillhioreF
Seems like the same as this thread: t/123867
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Seems like the same as this thread: t/123867
this is mac, not windows.

however there is a mac topic already about this, so I'm just going to merge.

edit: merged 2 out of 3 mac topics to this one. Is this the same: t/123486 ?
aniania1177
So... now I have the same problem.
what should i do....
birdistheword_old
Same problem, bump
lynnatte
same here...
albertcr7
still no updates?
MaidMegumi
also having this problem. bump~
TheVileOne