forum

Updater stopping at osu.dll.zip_new [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
raisuke143
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/078/d/d/crash_osu_by_raisuke143-d5yjl3m.png

I was trying to update my Osu! when suddenly this image pops up and I cannot for the life of me know how to handle it :o :o

Please help me!! I would happily appreciate it :? :(
deadbeat
you could try deleting osu.dll and then running the updater again ._."
theowest
remove osu.dll and osu.dll.zip from your osu! folder and run osume.exe
Hatate-tan
Kept on restarting the updater for it, yet this error pops out.
It stops on 21 or 22%.

I'm not really good in fixing this, so.. what should I do with it?

UInakagawa_old
still error even after delete that file ...
Xerath_old
Explain the issue you are having:

I was inform by one of my osu player friend that there was an new patch for the osu, so I hurriedly patch my osu game.

And then this suddenly appear to my screen, some sort of error.

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Suich ... sort=3&o=0

Please help me with this. :/
theowest
A lot of these osu.dll and osu.dll.zip update problems lately, what worked for this guy t/121769/ was downloading the most recent osu!.exe. Download and put it in your osu! folder.
or you could try reinstalling osu!
RyouZEED

theowest wrote:

A lot of these osu.dll and osu.dll.zip update problems lately, what worked for this guy t/121769/ was downloading the most recent osu!.exe. Download and put it in your osu! folder.
or you could try reinstalling osu!
still have the problem here :(
MillhioreF
MaTR1X12
A mi tambien me sucede lo mismo, ahora voy a tratar de descargar manualmente el osu.dll.. sino intentare descargando el instalador otra vez

English This also happens to me, I'm going to try downloading the osu.dll manually now.. if it doesn't work, I will try downloading the installer again.
Poixen_old

Hatate-tan wrote:

Kept on restarting the updater for it, yet this error pops out.
It stops on 21 or 22%.

I'm not really good in fixing this, so.. what should I do with it?

Have you updates Osu ater that error.. Because i noticed there are two kinds of error here.. One has only osu.dll while the other has Gameplay in the name.. :/
DroidBass
Same Error here.

Suntears
same here

and I've tried using all the methods listed above for so many times now
Shadow
Well, I have the same issue, but as the last two posts, it stops at osu!gameplay.dll.zip_new everytime.

peppy
Are you able to download the file manually from http://s.ppy.sh/release/osu!gameplay.dll.zip ?
Hatate-tan
My problem has been solved. :lol:

Just re-installed it and now running fine. :)

Thanks for the other solutions! Now, time to play. :D
Shadow
@ peppy

Thanks, I've downloaded it, and placed it in the osu! folder, unzipped it and for good measure renamed it to _new =p but it seems to be working now.
Scarlet237
I have the same error and too bad, the unperfect update of mine causing the lost of my special modes (CtB, Taiko, Osu Mania). I have asked the people around the general chat, they said the special mode is now inside the solo game, but mine is not there anymore and also can't spar with the special mode on multiplayer game. And now I just can play Osu mode.... :cry:
Scarlet237

peppy wrote:

Are you able to download the file manually from http://s.ppy.sh/release/osu!gameplay.dll.zip ?
"Format not supported" that's what AlZip said.
Loud Scream

Scarlet237 wrote:

I have the same error and too bad, the unperfect update of mine causing the lost of my special modes (CtB, Taiko, Osu Mania). I have asked the people around the general chat, they said the special mode is now inside the solo game, but mine is not there anymore and also can't spar with the special mode on multiplayer game. And now I just can play Osu mode.... :cry:
i have the same problem , i'm always play Taiko and now i can't do it anymore T_T
TheVileOne
This is offtopic for this thread. If you have such an issue, please post here with a screenshot of your song selection menu and a description of your problem. I heard that it doesn't work for Macs, but I have no evidence to say that it factual.