forum

How to increase the volume of my beatmap MP3?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darkbox7
Hi there,

The MP3 I used for my beatmap is kinda quiet and I want to change this. I saw another thread saying to open up the map folder exit the map editor and go to another one then replace the MP3 for a new one but I have done this and that did not work. Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated.

(Brand new to mapping BTW)
aiq
you probably need to find a higher-quality mp3 (if there is one to begin with)

you can also try making it louder in audacity but keep in mind it can greatly reduce the audio quality so it's some sort of exchange
TheKingHenry
what was said about higher quality file above is probably the case so that's what you should aim for

as was also said, making it louder is a possibility, but typically does not improve it whatsoever as it will either introduce clipping and worse quality or just not make it noticeably louder (if limited to not clipping) due the volumes usually already being close to max for at least parts of the mp3

but if you happen to be mapping music with high dynamic range - such as classical - compressing towards peaks may also improve it for osu! usage - but then you really should have high quality file to do it with