forum

[osu!direct]Show the.osz file size & remaining download time

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +91
Topic Starter
theramdans
err first time telling my thought into a request here...
So my thought is, the osu!direct panel will show the size of the .osz (mapset) being downloaded and remaining time for the download to finish.
This applies when downloading the mapset with video or without video.
It will be useful for players (supporters) that have a crappy internet like me orz. I know this is not too important but why not?

Thats all, what do you guys think?

EDIT: added no video download thingy
theowest
That would be interesting, and I can't imagine it being that hard to implement.
-Ryuujii-
SOMEOEN TOLD ME TO CLICK YOUR LINK
Lanturn
While this request is up. Why not put the filesize up in the beatmap listing page. I mean it does already in the beatmaps thread, so why not on the actual Beatmap listing itself.

Knowing the file size doesn't really do much for me, but it'd be nice to be able to see how big the file is we're downloading.

Also we'd need to be sure to get the Filesize for both Video/No Video downloads if possible.
Topic Starter
theramdans

Lanturn wrote:

While this request is up. Why not put the filesize up in the beatmap listing page. I mean it does already in the beatmaps thread, so why not on the actual Beatmap listing itself.

Knowing the file size doesn't really do much for me, but it'd be nice to be able to see how big the file is we're downloading.

Also we'd need to be sure to get the Filesize for both Video/No Video downloads if possible.
Ah, that will be a great idea as well, since not all players have supporter. And yeah thats right about the no video downloads, I will add that to the original post
Shadow
+1
Arnold0
Bump, because I got the thing below duplicated (Why search fonction didn't find this when I searched "osu!direct downloading time left" -_- 3 words out of 4 are in the title..)
Hi,

I think osu!direct is pretty good, but it miss some thigs. It appens when you are downloading maps on multiplayer that other guys ask you how many time left. Then you can just say you don't know and how many % of the download is done. You also can't know the size of beatmaps. I suggest this for making osu!direct more interesting and letting users having more infos (For exemples if the download is slow or fast...)
Here are pictures of what I think :

Like this you can know size of maps and if the NO VIDEO map is realy a better option or not if your connexion is slow or if someone waits for you in an MP match.

Like this if someone ask how many time left you can anser. You can aslo se how many MB downloaded and the total size of the mapset and you can check if the download still working (No speed like 0KB/s) and also if your connexion speed is normal (No speed like 1KB/s).

PS : The map size , DL speed and time left are totaly random, it's just for explaining my idea.
Soner Wolf
YES PLEASE!!
Huskatron
Sounds like a great idea. +1
Creamy Candy
+1 for this feature