forum

[added] [Song list] Beatmap search specifications

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +453
show more
Azer
No update on this? I want this really, really bad.
Last Remnant_old
Definetely supporting this ^^
Claire_old_1
support this, i really want this for a long time
especially from genre, I was so tired just to add many beatmap to each Genre Folder

i guess before you add something like skin element, blablabla or blablabla you can add this first.

/I'm so bad when it's come to explaining something
Rakuen
it's nice, but maybe only for supporter in future? >.o /
Kaeru
I had this idea, too. I also think it should be implemented as an extra feature for supporters.
casmith789
I've been playing for about a month and think that custom search would be extremely useful. As said before, AR and CS etc., but also by numbers of circles / spinners / sliders (for example you could want a medium length song, and search for circles between 300-700, with everything else on any). Personally I prefer maps with low amounts of spinners and would like to search for them without going by hand.

Also, a search to limit your songs by type (osu!, taiko, etc.) would be good.
DJKero
Support!!

Please add K:# for mania!

Like, K:4,K:5,K:6,K:7,K:8, etc.
deadbeat

DJKero wrote:

Support!!

already exists, well kinda. you can sort by nK at least
DJKero

theowest wrote:

Saten wrote:

Nice idea

I wonder if searching for multiple things would work. Such as CS:5; BPM:165
I don't see why not. It would just make it even better.
If this is implemented it will work like you say Saten, multiple variables support should be a MUST.

deadbeat wrote:

DJKero wrote:

Support!!

already exists, well kinda. you can sort by nK at least
Yeah but you can't search for ONLY-MANIA 7K, you can search for 7K but you get standard conversions and mania-only MIXED and IT SUCKS :(
Yunia Anindya
ofc i support it^^
Hula
This would be infinitely useful +3
danielharmsen
I became a supporter just to boost this idea.

Since I'm rather new here and keenly UNaware of the current possibilities of the song list search functions (other than play/not played, ranked/unranked, and type for song name author). Could anyone tell me if there are already other search functions in place which you can use? There does not seem to be a section about it in the FAQ.
Synthox_old
Yep +1^^
Knarf
Support!

danielharmsen wrote:

I became a supporter just to boost this idea.

Since I'm rather new here and keenly UNaware of the current possibilities of the song list search functions (other than play/not played, ranked/unranked, and type for song name author). Could anyone tell me if there are already other search functions in place which you can use? There does not seem to be a section about it in the FAQ.
There are tags in beatmaps. When you type the tag words in keywords search, that beatmap will be displayed.
Onisakura
yep..it so~ needable stuff...support too
- M a o n -
I like the idea, but the problem is that you have to be very specific about the BPM, combo, length, etc. Which would make it difficult to find maps that are similar, but may not have the exact entry. It would probably be better if you could type things like this as well:

BPM: 200+
BPM: 200-
Combo: 3000+
Combo: 3000-
Length: 1:00+
Length: 1:00-

This way you could search for maps that have that specification or higher/lower.
danielharmsen

secretgamer wrote:

I like the idea, but the problem is that you have to be very specific about the BPM, combo, length, etc. Which would make it difficult to find maps that are similar, but may not have the exact entry. It would probably be better if you could type things like this as well:

BPM: 200+
BPM: 200-
Combo: 3000+
Combo: 3000-
Length: 1:00+
Length: 1:00-

This way you could search for maps that have that specification or higher/lower.
Great suggestion, this should be added in the OP.
Yarissa
Starless support

This would be incredible; I'd be able to train much more effectively
XPJ38
Added!

(edit: just so you know, length must be in seconds: "60" = 01:00, "120" = 02:00, "300" = 05:00, etc.)
deadbeat
!!!!! thats awesome news /o/
testing this out soon
Topic Starter
theowest
Awesome, this might have just motivated me to spend more time with osu!
pielak213
­
danielharmsen

XPJ38 wrote:

Added!

(edit: just so you know, length must be in seconds: "60" = 01:00, "120" = 02:00, "300" = 05:00, etc.)
I think I'm missing something here, where is this implemented? I tried using bpm>100 and bpm<100 and only got search results of titles including 100. (in osu direct, the collection search in-game and the beatmap search of the site)

Can anyone tell me where you can use these specifications?
deadbeat
it's only usable on the test build at the moment
danielharmsen

deadbeat wrote:

it's only usable on the test build at the moment
Thanks for the fast reply, was wondering how some people did manage to use it.
Azer
yussss finally :D
DJKero
Darn, add Mania Only Keys Filter, PLEAAASEEE... Syntax: MOK>4~9 [woc2006 knows why i'm telling this to 9 instead of 8, :))