forum

Another Mod Idea: Last Prayers

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JexTheGuest
I searched if there were similar mod ideas like this so I didn't found any, and I also hope there isn't similar ideas like this out there because it took so long to write this It would bother me to find out writing this wasn't really necessary because someone had the same idea, well I guess it happens.
About this mod:

Last Prayers is a a mod for the following game mode osu!mania
About the mod and how does it affect gameplay; Random events will happen throughout the game at random times, You'll be warned if there is a Incoming Event. The following events are: Lose Combo, Random Rank, Low Health, Health, No Luck, Error, and more

All Events last for 30 seconds.
Some Events can be stopped before they happen if you get 15 300s/Perfects.

A Event is never revealed until it happens, or if it had been avoided because you performed 15 300s/Perfects.

What each event does;
Lose Combo: Self-Explanatory, Rarely happens, 2% of it happening. Can be avoided by performing 15 300s.

Random Rank: Self-Explanatory, Rarely happens like above, 1% of it happening. May not get a "A" or anything
above a "A" Rank. Can be avoided by performing 15 300s. Can be avoided by performing 15 300s.
No Luck: Makes it so every note you hit will drain your scorebar. 12% of it happening. Can be avoided by
performing 15 300s.

Sudden Death: Automatically enables the "Sudden Death" mod. 19% of this event happening.

Error: Every miss or "50" will be fatal in some cases, A miss will drain 40% health while a 50 will drain 50% health. 22% of this event happening.

Since when Tetris was in osu!mania?!: Every time you hit a note, the faster the song and the notes are. 76% of this event happening.

Low Health: Self-Explanatory, Rarely Happens, 2% of it happening, Can be avoided by performing 15 300s or a 300gs (Rainbow 300).

Perfect Clan: Every note will be a 300gs. (Rainbow 300) 1% of this event happening.

I have no idea if it is April Fools day or not: Once a break happens, the chances of this event are rare. After a break is over. Notes that were not inserted by the beatmapper will instantly appear, They will count as a miss if hit.
You can tell if it is a fake note by waiting for 5 seconds. (or 1 or 2 depending how fast the notes are coming down). After the seconds had passed it starts to vanish. 4% of this event happening.
Can be avoided by performing 15 300s.

Now what are your thoughts?!
abraker
So what's the point of this mod? Why would people use it?
Topic Starter
JexTheGuest

abraker wrote:

So what's the point of this mod? Why would people use it?
The point is to keep things interesting. To answer your second question, Some People like things to be hard, others like things to be hard but not so much hardness, while others want everything to be easy. Another thing what some people like is not expecting what comes next because everything happens randomly at a random time. This is why I think people would like it. It would also be a great way to keep things harder in Multiplayer servers because not every event is going to be the same to all players, Let's say Player1 got "No Luck" while Player2 got "Sudden Death". Like I said, It would be a great way to keep things interesting.
ICanNotDoSlider
No.
Zelzatter Zero

ICanNotDoSlider wrote:

No.
abraker

JexTheGuest wrote:

The point is to keep things interesting.
People might use the mod once or twice for the curiosity of it, but it is not interesting beyond that. What interests people are new ways to play the game, not different ways to scramble existing ways to play the game.

JexTheGuest wrote:

To answer your second question, Some People like things to be hard, others like things to be hard but not so much hardness, while others want everything to be easy.
There are things that make the game hard that are enjoyable, and there are things that make the game hard that are not enjoyable. Which brings me to my next point...

JexTheGuest wrote:

Another thing what some people like is not expecting what comes next because everything happens randomly at a random time.
This is a very bad assumption given the nature of this game, especially this gamemode. You have to understand why players play this game to begin with. I can't imagine what mania player would prefer being slapped around by rng instead of competing based on their skillset. A lot of the effects you propose for this mod negate any competitiveness and subjects players under random goofy conditions that make any result from the play meaningless. You might as well use the !roll command in chat to determine if you win or not.
Lights
if the modifiers were reworked a bit, it sounds like it'd have the potential to be a fun sort of minigame- kind of reminds of of the "battle" mechanics from Guitar Hero 3. However, as far as the implementation you've described, I can't see this being a viable fit.
Phantonym

ICanNotDoSlider wrote:

No.
Topic Starter
JexTheGuest

ICanNotDoSlider wrote:

No.
Well, I tried.