forum

Let's talk about your school.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minyeob
School Name: Soongsil Middle School(I'm on the highest grade)

*School History*
My school is 112 years old(since 1889). It was built by American missionary. At first, the school was built on North Korea but it was closed by Japanese invaders. After independence, the school was re-built on South Korea.

I go to school on Mon~Sat(No school on 2nd, 4th Saturdays)

*Schedule*
7:45~8:30 Selection class (Soccer / 漢文 ) I choosed 漢文(Korean's standard Chinese. China/Japan/Korea uses Chinese. Chinese are good at Chinese because they're Chinese. Japanese uses Chinese a lot, too. But Koreans are bad at Chinese because they don't have to use it...... But if Korean learns Chinese, they'll understand Korean words much easier.Because Korean is based on Chinese).
8:30~8:45 Break
8:45~9:00
9:05~9:50 1st class
10:00~10:45 2nd class
10:55~11:40 3rd class
11:50~12:35 4th class
12:35~1:35 Lunch Time
1:35~2:20 5th class
2:20~3:15 6th class
3:25~4:10 7th class

Subjects
Math, Science, English, 漢文, social studies, History of Korea(國事), Physical Education, Korean, Technology / Home, Art, Moral education

Technology / Home Sounds weird?
Technology-> Learn about technology. Home-> Common sense about food, sex etc.

English.
Yes, we suck. We have more than 1,400 Korean osuers but the number of Korean's post on osu! forum proves their our low English ability.
But few of Koreans are prooooooo.
Ekaru
About 1.3K students at our school.

50% minority, 75% qualify for free or reduced lunch. Our school has survived both World Wars. We have six periods on regular days, 7 on Advisory days, this doesn't include 20 minute SSR before second period, nor lunch.

Languages available to learn: Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and French. The first three are all fairly popular. One Chinese teacher is hate, because according to them, she doesn't teach anything. *shrugs* Whilst I don't know about the other Japanese teacher, but mine (teaches 1 level 1 class, 2 level 2, and level 3 and a level 4) is widely liked. I also don't know why, but unlike the other classes I have, the students in this one, even those who are normally noisy, are strangely well behaved... Not a single referral all year, now that I think about it. A guy did get 3 strikes and a detention though because he just couldn't resist chewing gum. Anyways...

I feel sad for math teachers, to an extent. Some of them are hated. A few are liked though. It depends on the teacher. Our school's weird on the math side though. We have Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, and this is where it gets weird... It is then either IB Math SL 1 -> 2, or Math STudies, or some other classes. It depends, and you don't have to take a third year. IB Math is generally for the students who take Geometry as a Freshman though. IIRC, it teaches things like Pre-Calc and stuff.

Science is more like a regular school. Middle School Science that these students don't know for some screwed up reason (Called something else though) -> Biology -> Either Chemistry or Physics, can be either Honors or regular. Then it's onto IB Chem, IB Biology, or something else... if you're in IB of course. Can also just take half a year of Chem, half a year of Phys, this is called Physical Science.

Now onto the biggie... SLCs.

SLCs are Small Learning Communities. You gotta choose one. It varies from school to school (if you're taking a public school of course). It determines your classmates for some of your classes, and each one has required electives. There's Commercial Fine Arts, Engineering (this program is known as a good one), Open, and IB (also known as a good one).

SLCs suck balls. Why can't we have a *normal* HIgh School? I wanna take harder classes dang nabbit, the current ones I have are too freaking easy. Totally talking to my advisory teacher and the like about this. ><; I think I can take IB classes in Engineering, just can't get a medal or diploma, which I don't care about. :P The issue is that going from what is essentially an IB-level school to a school with only regular homework in Math is that it's way too easy, and you're just learning stuff you already knew. ><;

That said, my school got a Silver medal from that one US News study, and test scores wise, is one of the top 5 in our state. Yet there are wangsters with their pants low everywhere. >.>; And one time, in Japanese class, while the teacher was talking and I was looking at her, the guy next to me stole my paper, and when I noticed, I had to yank it back, and he wouldn't let go, because he was copying and saying, "I don't know Japanese!" -.-; Earlier in the year though, he's no longer in the class.

tl;dr: Our school sucks IMO, except for the teachers, classes available, stuff like that.
awp
My school has 18,000 students, campus is approximately 70% female 30% male, it's way more expensive than it's worth, it loves to be anal about the most retarded shit sometimes (yay for developing useful life skills) and summer semesters rule (see male-female ratio)

as for the actual name of the school: it's a secret.
Atmey
2001~2003 High school 7:20~1:30
2004~2008 College, varies.
2008~now work, 7:30~2:30.
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
abalee
South China Agricultural University (SCAU) is located in Guangzhou City, adjacent to Hong Kong and Macao. Covering the area of more than 550 hectares, the beautiful and peaceful campus is an ideal place for education and scientific research.

SCAU's history can be traced back to 1909. Over nearly a hundred years, SCAU has grown into a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive university with agriculture, engineering, liberal arts, basic sciences, economics, management, law, education, history and philosophy. It is now adopting a multi-level and multi-approach schooling system and intends to develop into an advanced multi-disciplinary agricultural institute with distinctive tropical and subtropical features. The university takes agricultural sciences as its priority and life sciences as its highlight. At SCAU, undergraduate and graduate programs are developing concurrently, with teaching and research as the two central tasks.

no more copy and paste :( coz it is boring long... :? all i could say is that my school is a greed garden :)
Neo@lex
John Bentley School, Wiltshire, England.
There's around 3000 school students and around 200 students in 6th Form (Basically College).
The school has been acknowledged as a "language college", even though it's not technically a college, and they only dedicate a small amount of resources to teaching foreign languages.
I don't know who the hell John Bentley was, and I don't think anyone at the school knows/cares either.

The current JBS was originally only a Girls' school until the original site for the partnered Boys' school got demolished for building houses (which was ironic considering it was just outside my front door when I was 9).

>80% of the students are chavs whilst 40% are emos (they overlap).
School Days are from 8:40am to 3:15pm mon-fri. There's four periods a day, yet I usually only have three lessons, so I get free periods to fuck around with the library's resources, do homework, play pokemans or go home.

School lessons consist of the standard shit:
Maths, Literacy, Science(Physics, Chemistry and Biology), Humanities(Religion, History and Geography), PE, ICT, Technology, Languages and Art.
GCSEs allowed slightly more freedom:
Maths, Literacy, Media, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Religion, History, Geography, PE, ICT, Art, Textiles, Resistant Materials, Cooking, Spanish, Life Skills, Graphics and Art. For the record, I chose Art, Media and Textiles. I failed all three of them, yet I pwned at the compulsory subjects (Maths, English, Basic Science, German and Religion).
I'm currently taking A-Levels, of which there are way too many to list. I took BTEC ICT, Media, Religion and Ethics, and Sociology, but I dropped Sociology allowing more free time at the cost of being kicked out of 6th form if I fail. Alongside A-levels we are forced to do one lesson of PE, two of our chosen language (Spanish, Italian or Japanese, I bet you can tell which one I picked), and two Critical Thinking lessons a fortnight.

I can't believe I just told the internet about my school.
Cuddlebun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lesjuh
Markenhage.

That's dutch.
Henkie
Jinxy

Pasonia wrote:

2001-2004: Chung Cheng High School (Main).

Lessons are kind of intensive as is expected of an autonomous school (in Singapore, there are three kinds of school, private, autonomous, and public aka "neighbourhood" schools, and usually this is the prevalent order that decides the quality of schools from best to worst.), and in our first and second years we're taught Chinese Calligraphy. If you ask me to pick a brush to write something, though, all I can say is I still suck at Chinese Calligraphy.

In the third and fourth years, unless you belong to the lowest percentile of students, you will be asked to take up Higher Chinese which is basically a more text-intensive course. The meaning of language is kind of lost here though as everyone mugs to tackle the papers, not appreciate the language. The common shortfall of Singaporean education, as always.

-Removes Chung Cheng (Main) from target list-

My school's pretty basic,
Bad Food
Blue uneven lines on a white shirt as uniform (making uneven checkers)
Fail CCAs

My principal for the 1st 3 years always stayed in the office, not doing much.
The next 3 years was changed, the new principal wants to pull up the standard of the whole school. (Primary School Leaving Exam can pull it up, and this year its my year. :?

Best Achievements
A "Rainbow Club" for foundation pupils invented a motorised wheelchair a few years ago. Its being used by someone but i dont know who

We have a autism pupil. To say the truth, his *caugh*problem*caugh* has weakened much too. Hes pretty regular with the others now.

Our Racial dance (Chinese, Malay, Tamil) gets a gold or silver every Singapore Youth Festival

Yeah thats it.
Starrodkirby86
bagnz0r
Zespół Szkół Imienia Jana III-go Sobieskiego w Szczecinku
2000 - 3000 students :P
Loginer
We have computers at every seat in my classroom. Enough said.
mattyu007
@ minyeob: Whoa long school day...

8:10 - 9:30 > Period 1 (Science - Whee~)
9:35 - 10:50 > Period 2 (English - Yawn)
10:55 - 12:10 > Period 3 (Lunch :3 - <3333333)
12:15 - 1:30 > Period 4 (Tech - <33333..unless it's drafting...)
1:35 - 2:50 > Period 5 (French - <33333 ..kinda)

8:10 - 9:30 > Period 6 (Vis. Art - Fun!)
9:35 - 10:50 > Period 7 (Geo </3 - OTL)
10:55 - 12:10 > Period 8 (Lunch! <3333333)
12:15 - 1:30 > Period 9 (Math - Pulls my average up =D)
1:35 - 2:50 > Period 10 (Gym - Meh boring...)

Yeah, our schedule is split into 2 days... Iunno which one I like better =/

..orz
Spudman
I moved to my mothers new house at the start of the second semester for school. (Originally lived with my now deceased Grandmother)

The school has ~1000, relatively small amount considering it is the only High School in the entire city. (Population ~80k)

1st block: (8:45-10:15) Foods, I cook stuff and eat it, it generally makes me late for second block.

2nd block: (10:15-11:45) Work Experience. I grab what I need from my locker after class and run across two fields, while jumping a fence to where I work.

LUNCH (11:45-12:36) I go home, usually sit on the PC instead of eating.

3rd block. (12:30-2:05) Media Productions, I sit on another PC either doing useless research projects or editing movies I recorded.

4th block (2:05-3:38) See 2nd Block.

Fridays are short days: 8:45-2:15

Even though I am at this school for half a year, I hate it, my other High School that I was attended before this was far superior, excluding the addition of every person I know. I'm glad I graduate this year.
gaph2000
shinn_old
Ok, ma school, first, the website

http://www.shatincollege.edu.hk

Now for some brief history

*Clears throat*

Shatin College is open on 1982, it was a rainy day that day (a typhoon number 3 was on), it was a small extension in the KGV school. Initially, there was less than 100 students. Now, in 2009, there is around 1,200 students and just around 60 full time staff.

The school itself is made out of 4 blocks. Block 1 is the oldest and the smallest. On the ground floor, it contains the EAL classrooms and offices (there were some y9 who had sex on this floor, no lies here), 1st contains English classroom, 2nd Humanity Classroom, 3rd Languages, 4th Mathematics and one Biology Lab. The 2nd Block was finished at around 1990, on the ground floor, it contains DT rooms, 1st floor is Staff Room, 2nd is Library, 3rd contains the Senior School room and also Economics room, 4th and 5th contains science lab. 3rd block is finished on ~1995, ground floor contains Cafeteria, 1st contains Art Lab, 2nd is more art, 3rd is the IT labs, 4th is humanities IT room (all laptops are preloaded with CS 1.6 :), 5th is Music Lab and 6th is the Drama. The 4th Block, more commonly known as sports complex, is finished on 2002. It contains a 25m standard swimming pool, a multi-funtion sports hall and an astro-turf.

Shatin College used to follow the A level and O level shit, now we follow the GCSE and IB.

Enough of that

Our timetable system
Arrive at school before 8:20
8.20-9.35 (First Period)
9.35-9.45 (Short Break)
9.45-11.00(2nd Period)
11.00-12.00 (Long Break, form period y7-9 last 20 min, rest first 20 min)
12.00-1.15 (3rd Period)
1.15-2.05 (Lunch break)
2.05-3.20 (4th Period)
All students must leave school before 4.30 unless supervised by staff

Most of the students in SC are Chinese nationality.

Any Questions?
aallie_old
Azure_Kite
Apparently our school is the largest in our state, population wise... at around 1500 students.

School starts at 8:35AM and ends at 3:00PM, monday to friday.

I feel small now..
Kitsunemimi
Name: St. Augustine Catholic High School

*School History*
My school was just built there.... There's no real history to it.

I go to school on Mon-Fri.

*Schedule*
7:30? - 8:20 | Gathering at school
8:20 - 8:30 | Announcements
8:30 - 9:45 | 1st period
9:50 - 11:10 | 2nd period
11:10 - 11:55 | Lunch
11:55 - 1:15 | 3rd period
1:20 - 2:30 | 4th period

Our school uses a two day cycle. On day two's, 4th period and 3rd period get swapped. We have 3 lunches. The above is based on a Lunch A schedule. Lunch B starts at 11:55; the have half of 3rd period before lunch (but nobody has Lunch B). Lunch C is at 12:35, and they have all of 3rd period before lunch.

*Subjects*
.... Everything.

Our school has a laptop program which I'm in (which is why I'm playing osu!). The laptop students have a slightly higher expectation, however the baseline is the same as Academic programs which is 65 (ewww). Laptop students a recommended to keep an above 70 average to stay in the laptop program. There's the Applied class which has standards of 50-65. There's also Open which applies to all classes (including Academic/Laptop) which is basically Applied. Also, if you're lower than 50, then you get to go in Locally Developed.

*Summer School* (YAY)
8:30 - 9:00 | Announcements/Beginning of day
9:00 - 10:00 | Class
10:00 - 10:15 | Break
10:15 - 11:30 | Class
11:30 - 12:10 | Lunch
12:10 - 1:30 | Class
1:30 - 1:45 | Break
1:45 - 3:10 | Class

BTW you only get one subject for summer school so it's the same all day long (which is why we get breaks recess). However some courses like mine, which is Civics only last for two weeks and count for 0.5 credits. Civics goes along with Career Studies which I'll be having for the next two weeks to complete that half credit. However, there are also "half courses" for those who've failed in regular school, in order to get their credit back.
YoshiKart
The Chemistry 1 Honors class is freakin' college level to everyone but the child prodigies. D:

My school's just Monday to Friday, the day split into 8 periods plus homeroom. Each class is 44 minutes, and in between are 4 minute locker breaks. Homeroom is around 10 minutes.

8:00 AM to 2:30 PM~
kideddie1501
Heritage High School (Inland Empire, CA)
Less than 3 years old, no real history. Boring high school in a sleepy town called Romoland.
Our mascot is the Patriot and nothing really happens. BTW, im a junior.
Lizbeth
Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo or The Autonomous University of Santo Domingo.

Founded in October 28 of 1538.
Is the oldest university in the American continent.
The only public university in Dominican Republic, and have over 150,000 students right now.

Actual Faculties

Humanities
Agronomy and Veterinary Sciences
Laws and Politicals Sciences
Economics and Social Sciences
Engineering and Architecture
Sciences
Health Sciences
Arts

the schedule is way to varied each semester, but regularly i take classes in the morning.
Ekaru
Wizard Of Orz
TODhaseo
It sucks nuff said

too many idiots there
LilyPichu
WyndII
Er...
Its just a small little college located in a very peaceful city west province of Luzon (Island watever like in Japan but PH only have 3)
~Union Christian College~
History:
SPOILER
They said it was built as a very small church and it started to grew as a Christian School.
First, it was only for girls~
Second, Japanese in WWII helped them built it~
Third, it's 100 years old, founded on November 17, 1910~
Fourth, It became a Protestant School
Four and a half, my dad became the presidentAmericans finished it.
Fifth, boys can now study there~
Now, its not improving. O:

SPOILER
Im a 4th year or Grade 10-er-watever it is, but 4th year is Highschool. duh.
420+ students in HS
250+ pupils in Elementary
150+ kids in Pre Elem
500+ College people
1320+ are studying in this school~
The school is near at a Hospital, Capitol, Red Cross HQ-thing-watver they call it,and the plaza =D
Oh and it has lots of acacia =3 they turn orenji iro when summer comes <3 <3 then the leaves fall >.>
Specific: San Fernando City, La Union, Philippines, Asia, Earth, Milky Way, Universe and so on and so on.

My Schedule:
SPOILER
How come we dont have locker breaks when we have locker outside the classroom? >.> its pretty stupid and lazy.
Attendance: Monday to Friday. 9 hours a day T.T 1 hour per period TT.TT
8am to 9am - English
9 to 10 - Filipino
10 to 10.15 - Recess xD
10.15 to 11.15 - Science/physics
11.15 to 12.15 - Mathemathics
12.15 to 1 - lunch break xD~~~
1 to 2 - Social Studies
2 to 3 - Music/arts/pe/health
3 to 4 - Technology thing(you do crafts here >.> i forgot the name of the subject)
4 to 5 - Religious Education~~
Ephemeral
I'm a senior (11th equivalent) in a backwater private christian school in a suburb surrounded by housing commissions.

For comparison, the school with the highest teen pregnancy rates in the nation is a kilometer down the road.

Welcome to the suck.
nsane
Mogsy
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
http://www.mcla.edu

Major: Fine and Performing Arts
Concentration: Music
Focus: Composition

Info/History:

"The Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a public, residential, liberal arts college that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. It is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges and is located in North Adams, Massachusetts. Originally established as part of the state's normal school system for training teachers, it now offers a variety of programs leading to Bachelor of Science and Arts degrees, as well as a Master of Education track. MCLA is the smallest college in the state system."

"MCLA was founded in 1894 as North Adams Normal School, and it offered first instruction at post-secondary level three years later. In 1932, North Adams Normal School became State Teachers College of North Adams. Along with the name change, it added an upper-division curriculum and awarded first degree (baccalaureate). Four years later, the school instituted an upper-graduate program. In 1960, the college changed its name to North Adams State College and, later in 1997, to Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, the latter name being reflective of specialty school status within the Massachusetts State College public system."

My personal views:

I'm starting up school there this year, but every time I've been to it (which has been like five times now), I've loved it. The small college size doesn't get to me, and I quite frankly find the approach there to be more stress-free than larger schools. Hell yes.

Schedule:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday:
-College Writing II (10:00 AM - 10:50 AM) (Placed into this; highest college writing course available for freshmen hurdur im speshul)
-Mathematics for Liberal Arts (11:00 AM - 11:50 AM) (At least it's not remedial math, but damn, that test had a lot of calculus, which Mogsy never took)
-The Nature of Human Nature (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) (Monday/Wednesday only) (I have to take it; Honors program course that I need to pass to stay in school, basically)

Tuesday/Thursday:
-Fundamentals of Music (11:00 AM - 12:15 PM) (I might not even have to go in; the professor is giving me a music theory test on the first day to see if I can just bypass this class and not come in, getting an automatic 100 and an automatic 3 credits, because i r composrawr)
-Great Monuments of Art I (5:00 PM - 6:25 PM) (FPA majors need to take this course :/)
Fishcaek-Chan
By the State of Arizona's Standard, Peoria High School has been ranked as a Highly Performing School. :P
bmin11
Shawnigan Lake School

Schedule
For monday and friday
6:30 - morning
7:20 ~ 7:40 - breakfast
8:15 ~ 12:50 - Class 1, 2, 3, 4 (honestly don't remember when the class ends)
12:55 - LUNCH
1:44 ~ 3:00 - Class 5 and tutorial for some students
3:30 ~ 5:30 - Sport (monday, tuesday, and thursday) or Art (we)
6:00 - Dinner
7:00 - sign in + prep
9:00 - prep's over
10:00 - bed time

For tuesday and thursday, we get up 20 mins early and go to chappel at morning
For wednesday, we get up 40 mins late and classes are 10 mins shorter
We do have sport on saturday

Classes what I have...
English 10, Drafting 11, G.Design 10, Science 10, Commerce 10, Social 10, Math 11 enriched
Rolling for sport and illustration for art

Visit here for farther information
http://www.shawnigan.ca
Wojjan
700 students, 50/50 Male/Female I guess. Bunch of snobs.
I learn Latin :3
Sonnyc
shingu middle school
신구중학교
新鷗中學敎
This school is built in 1982.
The history is short, but some says it's long(..)
[schedule]
8:00~8:30 come to school
8:30~8:50 Teacher's announcement(trash time)
8:50~9:00 break(?)
9:00~9:45 1st class
9:45~9:55 break
9:55~10:40 2nd class
10:40~10:50 break
10:50~11:35 3rd class
11:35~11:45 break
11:45~12:30 4th class
12:30~1:30 lunch
-We build a cafeteria,, at THIS TIMING!!
1:30~2:15 5th class
2:15~2:25 break
2:25~3:10 6th class
Normally, we end at here
3:10~3:20 break
3:20~4:05 7th class
Fri, end here

.. similar with my elementary
the rules of short haircuts sucks
rust45
MLHS
It's a nice little school that can serve a decent lunch, but this may because I have the same thing every day. Our semesters are treated as one year and thus we only have four periods a day lasting 1 and a half hours. Our mascot is the Chief.
My Current Schedule:
Period 1 (7:45 - 9:15): German 1
Period 2 (9:20 - 10:55): Accelerated English 10
Lunch 1 (Our school actually has to lunches and the lunch your in is determined by your third period class) 11:00 - 11:35
Period 3 (11:40 - 1:10) : Intermediate Algebra
Period 4 (1:15 - 2:45) - Wind Ensemble 1

Second Semester:
Period 1: German 2
Period 2: Latin History
Lunch 1
Period 3: Advanced Algebra
Period 4: Wind Ensemble 2

If you couldn't tell, my Period 1, 3, and 4 classes are all one year classes, and is odd how it happened like that.
show more