forum

/np command hotkey [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
TicClick
The title is pretty much self-explanatory.
theowest
To type it even quicker? Isn't it short enough to type it quickly anyway?
Topic Starter
TicClick
I saw peope typoing and sending .np, ?np etc. Also you have to unfold chat area first.
she_old
alt+n instead of/np? brilliant
Unbr34k4bl3
Supporting this, I would think of some sort of control + n or something similar.
deadbeat
i don't really see a need for this sorry
/np should be easy enough
Hanyuu
Seems pretty convenient to have a shortcut for this for easier use!
Soarezi
Would be nice, and also you wouldnt need to open the chat window, eh? :P
Unbr34k4bl3

Soarezi wrote:

Would be nice, and also you wouldnt need to open the chat window, eh? :P
If you ask me, atleast you should do that ^^.
Kurokami
Why we need this? O.o I also think /np is easy enough. I never had such a problem as typo. O.o And usually when you use /np the chat should already been opened since you probably use /np for some reason (request, etc.).
Rokk
Typing /np is easy enough, hotkeying it will just make it more susceptible to accidental use or spam, especially when you don't have to open the chat window for it.
Teara
Indeed, just writing /np is good enough.
Tshemmp
I actually like this idea. For example when people ask me for a special kind of maps (happened to me quite a lot recently) I will have to search one of the maps, hit F8, then /np+enter and then F8 again to continue searching for the other maps. With a hotkey it would be like finding the map, pressing the hotkey, finding the next map, pressing the hotkey again etc. Would save a lot of nerves.
Sakura

Tshemmp wrote:

With a hotkey it would be like finding the map, pressing the hotkey, finding the next map, pressing the hotkey again etc.
And would give a lot of silences...
awp

TicClick wrote:

I saw peope typoing and sending .np, ?np etc. Also you have to unfold chat area first.
trying to idiot-proof one command sets a dangerous precedent

Tshemmp wrote:

I actually like this idea. For example when people ask me for a special kind of maps (happened to me quite a lot recently) I will have to search one of the maps, hit F8, then /np+enter and then F8 again to continue searching for the other maps. With a hotkey it would be like finding the map, pressing the hotkey, finding the next map, pressing the hotkey again etc. Would save a lot of nerves.
you could alternatively select a map, type /np, select another map, press up + enter, select another map, press up + enter, [...]

this would require chat to be open, however, which cuts on screen real-estate a bit
Tshemmp

awp wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

you could alternatively select a map, type /np, select another map, press up + enter, select another map, press up + enter, [...]

this would require chat to be open, however, which cuts on screen real-estate a bit
True, but still, if I am searching for specific maps I have to type the name in the search bar. This only works when the chat is closed, meaning I'd have to hit F8 twice in the process (and ↑ + Enter) instead of just one hotkey - yeah, this sounds like nothing but it adds up really fast in some cases.
Sakura
And why would you want to /np maps so fast that you'd get silenced (and you're aware that you can select them from the player section too right?)
Kurokami

Tshemmp wrote:

meaning I'd have to hit F8 twice in the process (and ↑ + Enter) instead of just one hotkey - yeah, this sounds like nothing but it adds up really fast in some cases.
Come on man, just dont be lazy. You will lose like ~5 sec from your life to do this. You can't wear half of your shoes when you need to go somewhere either. With the new system you will most likely be silenced in a short period of time so just bear with the current one.
Tshemmp

Sakura wrote:

And why would you want to /np maps so fast that you'd get silenced (and you're aware that you can select them from the player section too right?)
I just np-ed 14 maps within 1 minute and didn't get silenced (PM).

Edit: And sorry, what do you mean with "the player selection"?

Edit2: Forgot to answer your actual question: people want me to np maps of certain mappers/artists. People want me to np maps which are good for practicing with a certain mod. People want me to np maps of a certain difficulty level. People want me to np maps where Cookiezi "went crazy" etc. etc.
Futurola
can you even get a silence with nping?
Kurokami

Tshemmp wrote:

I just np-ed 14 maps within 1 minute and didn't get silenced (PM).
If you able to did this then this request actually nothing to do with you. Average 4 sec per /np. You just lucky to not got silence'd.
Sakura

Futurola wrote:

Yes since /np is in essence a /me message set to link whatever you're playing/listening/etc so they are still chat messages.

tbh I still don't see why you need this request, 4 secs per /np you'd get silenced if you do that in public channels, I don't even wanna imagine you doing it faster :P
lolcubes
Though you can't /np the same song more than once in a minute, regardless of the channel/PM.
she_old

Futurola wrote:

yes, you can also get silenced by just typing /np in #osu once!

theowest

awp wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

This is pretty much the reason we don't need this hotkey. I can't imagine this ever being implemented, can you? It's just too.. unneeded and worthless.
How lazy can you be?
deadbeat
i think there enough to deny this. if someone feels otherwise, please feel free to explain why. otherwise, denied sorry

/np is, and should be easy enough :)