forum

Similar songs to Sayaka Miki's theme, help me!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iggy
I know I've heard a similar melody to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0IqRVgeKvk this. The problem is this, I have no idea why this song sounds so familiar and on top of that it's stuck in my mind.

So if anyone knows any similar melodies, PLEASE, post them here.

I'm not sure but it might be the song's style that is used a lot, is there like certain chords/scales in this song that are used a lot? In other words, what makes this song sound so familiar to me? Someone more knowledgeable, I'm begging you to help! :?

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day.
mathexpert
Is it this? :P

(more info~)
Topic Starter
Iggy
That certainly sounds similar :) Though there are others that sound alike that's one more to add to the list.
Thanks ^_^
Backfire
As many songs are naturally influenced by old folk songs (sometimes non-intentionally), they might sound super familiar just by the chord progression.

It also has chords that sound like "Scarborough Fair", imo.
Birdy
Backfire you ninja
Topic Starter
Iggy
That Scarborough fair is really close too, and yes I bet that all of these have had some influence from something older. I wonder what the original song might be.

I asked my music teacher about this and she said that it had some resemblance to some renaissance songs.
Since you mentioned the chord progression, do you mind telling what chords are used in these (if you know them that is)?

It's weird and interesting that these are so similar to each other. :O
Backfire
I have no clue what they are called :(
mathexpert

Igenatius wrote:

Since you mentioned the chord progression, do you mind telling what chords are used in these (if you know them that is)?
I'm too lazy right now to do it, but if you (or anybody else) knew a bit about music theory, you could easily work out the main chords with sheet music.
Topic Starter
Iggy

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Igenatius wrote:

I'm too lazy right now to do it, but if you (or anybody else) knew a bit about music theory, you could easily work out the main chords with sheet music.
Sorry it was late night when I wrote that, I'll start to work on the chords today (I have the skill to do that at least) :D