forum

MuryokuP - Last Bell [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December-22-13 at 12:50:40 AM

Artist: MuryokuP
Title: Last Bell
Tags: c83 comiket 83 Powerless Sounds Barrage Am Ring 2 Original/Side Sweet_Serenitee Makar Makar8000 xcherry Xakyrie lolcubes Nyquill Fiya
BPM: 200
Filesize: 8069kb
Play Time: 02:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (4.58 stars, 488 notes)
  2. Kantan (4.1 stars, 340 notes)
  3. lolcubes' Hard (4.95 stars, 374 notes)
  4. Makar's Muzukashii (4.83 stars, 617 notes)
  5. Oni (4.89 stars, 763 notes)
  6. Xakyrie's Normal (3.67 stars, 159 notes)
Download: MuryokuP - Last Bell
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Kantan by Me / Easy by Fiya
Futsuu by Me / Normal by Xakyrie
Muzukashii by Makar / Hard by lolcubes
Oni by Me / Insane by Nyquill

oh and thanks for all your help, lolcubes

WIP
Makar

Haruka wrote:

lol
Niko-nyan
CANADIAN's DIFF! must download lol
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
haha thanks Frans Niko! :oops:
BrokenArrow
Mod from my Queue

[Kantan]

00:43:581 (2,1,1) - This part is too hard for beginners since 1/2 notes are too fast for a 200bpm map. You might consider removing the note in the middle to make it easier.
01:21:981 (2,1,1) - ^
01:50:781 (1,2,1) - ^
02:00:381 (1,2,1) - ^

[Futsuu]

00:02:481 - The song wants you to add a note here
00:03:381 - ^
00:04:881 - ^
00:05:781 - ^

[Makar's Muzukashii]

01:27:981 (1,2,3) - make these three notes dons instead

[Oni]

I really like your mapping style. However, I'm not sure about the finish placements in this difficulty. Finishs should be used only for special highlights in the song, it feels like you're overusing them a bit. You should at least remove some of the finishes at the end of the streams. For example in this one 00:50:181 (1) - . However, it is rankable how it is now, but you have to ask yourself: "Is this really neccessary?" It may sound good, but it's also a pain to play for some players.
Topic Starter
Haruka_old

BrokenArrow wrote:

[Kantan]

00:43:581 (2,1,1) - This part is too hard for beginners since 1/2 notes are too fast for a 200bpm map. You might consider removing the note in the middle to make it easier. This is probably true because of the bpm as you said, but this only happens 4 times throughout the song; I added these 1/2 segments because it helps add variety since this entire song is the same copy/pasted base pattern and adds density to help bridge this difficulty better to the futsuu (which is pretty dense with 1/2). To make sure this isn't too hard, I went to ask a few standard players to try this out and most of them never even hit a x100 so it should be fine. It's not wrong to use 1/2 in a kantan so as long as the amount used is reasonable in comparison to the bpm and length of the song (4 seems reasonable enough for a 200bpm 2 minute song imo).
01:21:981 (2,1,1) - ^ ^
01:50:781 (1,2,1) - ^ ^
02:00:381 (1,2,1) - ^ ^

[Futsuu]

00:02:481 - The song wants you to add a note here haha good suggestion! I also removed the finishers in this phrase to compensate for the increased density here.
00:03:381 - ^ ^
00:04:881 - ^ ^
00:05:781 - ^ ^

[Oni]

I really like your mapping style. However, I'm not sure about the finish placements in this difficulty. Finishs should be used only for special highlights in the song, it feels like you're overusing them a bit. You should at least remove some of the finishes at the end of the streams. For example in this one 00:50:181 (1) - . However, it is rankable how it is now, but you have to ask yourself: "Is this really neccessary?" It may sound good, but it's also a pain to play for some players. I'm glad you like my mapping style. About the finishers though, yes you are right but the finishers are kind of what constitutes my style + the song, even if it seems overused. Every place I used a finisher has been carefully thought out to keep in mind consistency and where there is a crash in the music or heavy emphasis. It just happens that I primarily map these kinds of songs so I tend to use a lot of finishers to represent the music accordingly. However as you stated, just because it sounds good doesn't mean it plays well. Unfortunately this is a matter of opinion based on play style since these finishers are easy to play for me but for others (kddk players) I've been told they are more difficult, especially streams that end with finishers. 00:49:581 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1) - and 01:27:981 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1) - have been changed from kkkkddkkD to kkkkd k D; the rest of the 1/4 finishers I left because they end in/are 4 kats and a big don. If you have any other suggestions on where I should remove more finishers, feel free to PM me.
Sorry for the long responses. :? And thank you for the quality mod!
Makar
BA: The kkk kkk pattern is for leadin purpose and to follow the drums. Changing these to dons -could- work, but its not as effective imo. It's also an extension on 00:49:581 (1,2), just more dense. So, ignored~
lolcubes
:3/ ~
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
thanks cubes! ><
lolcubes
Just throwing some stuff based on my testplay.

[Timing]
Offset 2190 (so +9). 2185, stuff happens when UO goes derp. ;_;

[Oni]
  1. OD6 please. It is actually easier with OD6 than with OD5, because if you hit the finishers at the end of a stream without perfect sync, you will miss the 2nd note because of the bigger timing window leniency. Not really mandatory, up to you, but just saying cause I did miss a couple of times and then I was like wtf haha.
  2. It felt a little empty sometimes, but mostly because you sticked strictly to the drums. It is also quite the same throughout the diff but there is no helping it cause the song is like that. I do suggest to add some variety based on this, to throw in an additional note at times just to break the really strong consistency you have, cause you lack variety. Might suggest a few things.
  3. 00:33:681 (3) - Not having this a kat struck me at first. I feel it flows better if you have it. This applies to 00:34:881 (3) and their other similar places. It also follows the snare pattern. If you are concerned about 00:33:831 (4,5,1) so much, you can actually introduce variety by keeping it ddd a few times and then having them ddk later on. This is just an opinion more than a suggestion, because having them as dons isn't that wrong.
  4. 00:38:031 - This felt empty, mostly because of your finish. This is one of those spots where variety can be introduced really nicely. You can use dkd here and use finishers later on, or vice versa, I would probably prefer to keep finishers early and then use dkd variance later on. I know you will be missing a finish here, but that wouldn't matter if you "connect" this dkd with the previous and the upcoming notes. Since all your finishers express a 1/1 break on either side, dkd would destroy that concept and this is why you don't necessary need the finisher at all if you use dkd. Also the music suggests a dkd if you follow the drums. This suggestion applies to 01:11:631 as well, as well as their other occurences.
    Also anotehr good idea would be to just use kd, so you have 3 types of variety to work with. First time you use a finisher, then you use kd in the 2nd part of the song, and you use dkd at the ending parts with this pattern.
  5. 02:07:881 - For flow reasons, I would suggest to add a don here.
  6. 02:12:981 (1) - I believe this is a too generic end for this song. How about a kat without a finisher? The song gets calm, it would express the piano and the faint drop you hear much better too. If the song was ending in a much more sudden way, I would stay with the finisher idea, else I would just do it like this.
Just some minor stuff. Will mod the rest when I finish my hard. \:D/
Topic Starter
Haruka_old

lolcubes wrote:

[Timing]
Offset 2190 (so +9). Done!

[Oni]
  1. OD6 please. It is actually easier with OD6 than with OD5, because if you hit the finishers at the end of a stream without perfect sync, you will miss the 2nd note because of the bigger timing window leniency. Not really mandatory, up to you, but just saying cause I did miss a couple of times and then I was like wtf haha. Sounds good; OD6 is more demanding in accuracy anyway.
  2. It felt a little empty sometimes, but mostly because you sticked strictly to the drums. It is also quite the same throughout the diff but there is no helping it cause the song is like that. I do suggest to add some variety based on this, to throw in an additional note at times just to break the really strong consistency you have, cause you lack variety. Might suggest a few things. I do struggle with this a lot, haha.
  3. 00:33:681 (3) - Not having this a kat struck me at first. I feel it flows better if you have it. This applies to 00:34:881 (3) and their other similar places. It also follows the snare pattern. If you are concerned about 00:33:831 (4,5,1) so much, you can actually introduce variety by keeping it ddd a few times and then having them ddk later on. This is just an opinion more than a suggestion, because having them as dons isn't that wrong. Hmm... I like the continuous dons here because this was actually mapped to the guitar riff, though what I did was have the first phrase stay the same to end sort of heavy, but the second phrase have the kats on the downbeats as you suggested to end this section and lead into the kiai.
  4. 00:38:031 - This felt empty, mostly because of your finish. This is one of those spots where variety can be introduced really nicely. You can use dkd here and use finishers later on, or vice versa, I would probably prefer to keep finishers early and then use dkd variance later on. I know you will be missing a finish here, but that wouldn't matter if you "connect" this dkd with the previous and the upcoming notes. Since all your finishers express a 1/1 break on either side, dkd would destroy that concept and this is why you don't necessary need the finisher at all if you use dkd. Also the music suggests a dkd if you follow the drums. This suggestion applies to 01:11:631 as well, as well as their other occurences.
    Also anotehr good idea would be to just use kd, so you have 3 types of variety to work with. First time you use a finisher, then you use kd in the 2nd part of the song, and you use dkd at the ending parts with this pattern. Clever suggestions you have, and I would implement however as explained in the previous mod reply, the [consistent] placement of finishers is basically what constitutes my style; I'd much rather accentuate with the finishers at the cost of an offbeat note or two (it's a preference).
  5. 02:07:881 - For flow reasons, I would suggest to add a don here. Both don and kat sound kinda off (maybe it's just me), plus this part is more effective with rests on the downbeats like the segments before this one, and leads up to the denser ending phrase which has notes on the downbeats.
  6. 02:12:981 (1) - I believe this is a too generic end for this song. How about a kat without a finisher? The song gets calm, it would express the piano and the faint drop you hear much better too. If the song was ending in a much more sudden way, I would stay with the finisher idea, else I would just do it like this. I understand we have varying opinions on the whole finisher idea, but a single k to end especially after a long spinner is just very anti-climatic to me.
Just some minor stuff. Will mod the rest when I finish my hard. \:D/ I'll be waiting then. -w-
Will look at the rest of this tomorrow; updated for now~

Edit: Changed the offset to 2,185 as said in PM; thanks for the mod! :oops:
YTYuyu
give me five~ stars that is ;)
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
oh wow, thanks for all the stars Byak! :cry:
lolcubes
Star bombardment!
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
gwtysrfdjghujikm

thank you sooooo so much
Niko-nyan
o3o

edit : wrong name lol sorry :(
Topic Starter
Haruka_old
decided to go through lolcubes' previous mod again and applied these suggestions:

newly applied old mods

lolcubes wrote:

[Oni]
  1. 00:33:681 (3) - Not having this a kat struck me at first. I feel it flows better if you have it. This applies to 00:34:881 (3) and their other similar places. It also follows the snare pattern. If you are concerned about 00:33:831 (4,5,1) so much, you can actually introduce variety by keeping it ddd a few times and then having them ddk later on. This is just an opinion more than a suggestion, because having them as dons isn't that wrong.
  2. 02:12:981 (1) - I believe this is a too generic end for this song. How about a kat without a finisher? The song gets calm, it would express the piano and the faint drop you hear much better too. If the song was ending in a much more sudden way, I would stay with the finisher idea, else I would just do it like this.

this mapset is now revived... man, it's been a while.
_none_old
Random mod around vocaloid's songs :3

[Setup]
Preview Point is 00:40:585

[Xakyire's Normal]
more sounds, Volume up plz.
add custom sound at Normal-clap or Normal-whistle. we need more hitsounds.
especially, 00:11:785 - 00:18:685

00:07:435 - Clap
00:10:435 - ^
00:32:035 - Change Soft to Drum
00:36:835 - ^
00:45:385 - Finish
00:47:785 - Change Drum to Normal
00:50:185 - ^^
00:58:285 - ^
00:59:185 - ^
00:59:785 - ^
01:10:435 - Change Soft to Drum
01:15:235 - ^
01:26:185 - Change Drum to Normal
01:36:685 - Finish
01:38:185 - ^^
01:46:285 - ^^
01:52:585 - ^
01:55:885 - ^
01:57:385 - ^
02:09:385 - Whistle

[lolcubes' Hard]
it's Perfect Hard :3

i wish who make Insane. GJ all <3
and sry for can't Taiko modding.
Xakyrie
Hello there, and thanks for the random mod.

This mapset will have a full standard set, however it is currently in the WIP state. I have given Haruka a new set of hitsounds which has not yet been used in my own difficulty. All the hitsounds are being changed.

I appreciate your help but unfortunately it will not matter.
Topic Starter
Haruka_old

Mania Vocaloid wrote:

[Setup]
I like my preview point, sorry! :( kd anyways
_none_old

Haruka wrote:

Mania Vocaloid wrote:

[Setup]
I like my preview point, sorry! :( kd anyways
oh.. k, enjoy your mapping :3

Xakyrie wrote:

Hello there, and thanks for the random mod.

This mapset will have a full standard set, however it is currently in the WIP state. I have given Haruka a new set of hitsounds which has not yet been used in my own difficulty. All the hitsounds are being changed.

I appreciate your help but unfortunately it will not matter.
oh see.. i don't know it's WIP... anyway, i want see completed Normal. and it's soon :3
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.