forum

Yuuhei Satellite - Iro wa Nio e do Chiri Nuru o (OPver.1.2)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pereira006
re-bubble
ziin
Hey Crimmi,

Sorry for the delay.

Full mod to follow.
[general]
The dark purple is virtually impossible to see on a black background, which is prevalent in the BG video.

[Timing]
00:17:966 - You need a red line to reset the metronome after the 5/4 measure
Double check how the other ranked maps did it just to verify. This never should have been bubbled with this error.

[SB]
In general, the lyrics need to be faded in. You don't really need it if you're going to put a flash on TOP of the lyrics, but when they just appear it looks bad IMO.
00:31:879 - sb3.png comes in without a fadein. While this is sort of OK, I think it would be better if you fade in for 1/4th or 1/8th of a beat. It may help to fade in the font effect as well using tweening 2.
00:37:966 - sb4.png really needs a fadein. It also fades out before the lyrics are over.
00:45:793 - needs fadein, IMO it needs to move slower and fade out after the next lyrics have begun at 00:52:749 -
00:52:749 - needs fadein
00:59:706 - I like that you're going to fade this out a bit, but you've over exaggerated the effect. Make the scale go down to ~90% then back up to 100%, fade go down to 80% then back to 100%, then repeat 2x and fade out/scale down like normal on the last one.
01:01:227 - see sb3.png. It would help to fade in the font effect as well. Consider using tweening 2.
01:26:227 - you fade out before the lyrics are finished.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

ziin wrote:

Hey Crimmi,

Sorry for the delay.

Full mod to follow.
[general]
The dark purple is virtually impossible to see on a black background, which is prevalent in the BG video. I'll change it to a lighter purple.

[Timing]
00:17:966 - You need a red line to reset the metronome after the 5/4 measure
Double check how the other ranked maps did it just to verify. This never should have been bubbled with this error. I figured this would come up again, so as to your advice, I checked on these and they have no redlines after the 5/4 measure. I know you guys say that these mapsets are old, but nonetheless, I checked them after Kuron-kun's mod i'll provide further proof;
  1. Mafiamaster's Ranked set.
  2. shabao_pig's Ranked set.
  3. LoliSora's Ranked set.
[SB]
In general, the lyrics need to be faded in. You don't really need it if you're going to put a flash on TOP of the lyrics, but when they just appear it looks bad IMO.
00:31:879 - sb3.png comes in without a fadein. While this is sort of OK, I think it would be better if you fade in for 1/4th or 1/8th of a beat. It may help to fade in the font effect as well using tweening 2.
00:37:966 - sb4.png really needs a fadein. It also fades out before the lyrics are over.
00:45:793 - needs fadein, IMO it needs to move slower and fade out after the next lyrics have begun at 00:52:749 -
00:52:749 - needs fadein
00:59:706 - I like that you're going to fade this out a bit, but you've over exaggerated the effect. Make the scale go down to ~90% then back up to 100%, fade go down to 80% then back to 100%, then repeat 2x and fade out/scale down like normal on the last one.
01:01:227 - see sb3.png. It would help to fade in the font effect as well. Consider using tweening 2.
01:26:227 - you fade out before the lyrics are finished.
I'll fix up the SB, I should've doubled checked it. Thanks~!
ziin
No KD for this, as it's a continuation of the previous.

[general]
remove extra OSB files
Widescreen support is fine. Video is 4:3 with letterbox, no big deal. With widescreen turned on, it means I get to see the video zoomed in.
Audio file is very poor quality. You need a new one with a higher actual bitrate. This one is clearly ~96 kbps. I recommend LoliSora's or Shabadagadingdong's version, and better yet, you can just copy the offsets from there! (this is unrankable btw, so you have to fix it).

[timing]
I'm surprised this wasn't fixed then, but this was before most people used proper timing. A tad bit disappointed they got ranked in that state. Anyway, I guarantee it won't get ranked unless you put in that red timing section. If you really want to contest that, ask a QAT first and state that "this QAT said it was fine". It's not going to hurt anything to fix the metronome, and a major reason for fixing it is for nightcore mod. Seriously, try it out and if you still feel like it's a stupid idea, then by all means don't fix it.

[additional SB]
Make sure when you fade in/out, you also start moving. Nothing looks worse to me than something fading in without moving, then starting moving after it's fully faded in.

[LUNATIC]
00:28:401 (1) - you can make this symmetrical
00:32:749 (3) - anti-jumps like these are designed to be confusing and you really shouldn't use them even to add difficulty. Perhaps it would be easier to change 00:32:532 (2) - to not be a jump, but that opens more inconsistencies. I just ask that you keep spacing in mind. This sort of mapping is in poor taste and reminiscent of 2007.
00:40:575 (5,6,7) - seriously spacing
00:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing
00:57:966 (1) - this slider end doesn't have anything relevant in the music here, so you should use a softer hitsound on the slider ends or map it properly according to the music
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just going to reiterate what others said before, this stream doesn't actually exist in the music.
01:19:488 (2) - add a third point to this so it's slightly curved
01:25:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - doesn't exist in music

[EXHAUST]
What's up with the stack leniency? LUNATIC is 7, this is 2?
00:31:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like you can make this curve a little bit smoother
00:55:358 (6,7,1) - this erratic spacing drive me crazy man
00:57:966 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I couldn't sightread this because it wasn't in the music. At all. Map it properly or do something with the sounds to accentuate that there's literally nothing in the music to support this.
01:24:923 (8,9,1) - spacing

[ADVANCED]
00:57:966 (1,2,3) - stacks play havoc with spacing, especially when you use such a low physical spacing. Higher values aren't a problem, but be extra careful when the circles overlap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to make (1) 1/4th shorter.
01:15:358 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:18:836 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:25:358 (5) - spacing

[BASIC]
00:14:923 (2) - spacing. Be careful of what inherited timing sections do. Actually, why is there a SV change here in the first place? There are no sliders!
01:13:619 (3) - extend this slider out to white tick. Red tick doesn't fit with the music, and it's easy.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

ziin wrote:

[general]
Audio file is very poor quality. You need a new one with a higher actual bitrate. This one is clearly ~96 kbps. I recommend LoliSora's or Shabadagadingdong's version, and better yet, you can just copy the offsets from there! (this is unrankable btw, so you have to fix it).
This is from the old mp3:

Isn't the minimum kbps 128? So how did you get 96? 0.0 And I don't feel comfortable taking others' mp3 files. Meh.

ziin wrote:

No KD for this, as it's a continuation of the previous.

[general]
remove extra OSB files
Widescreen support is fine. Video is 4:3 with letterbox, no big deal. With widescreen turned on, it means I get to see the video zoomed in.

[timing]
I'm surprised this wasn't fixed then, but this was before most people used proper timing. A tad bit disappointed they got ranked in that state. Anyway, I guarantee it won't get ranked unless you put in that red timing section. If you really want to contest that, ask a QAT first and state that "this QAT said it was fine". It's not going to hurt anything to fix the metronome, and a major reason for fixing it is for nightcore mod. Seriously, try it out and if you still feel like it's a stupid idea, then by all means don't fix it.

[additional SB]
Make sure when you fade in/out, you also start moving. Nothing looks worse to me than something fading in without moving, then starting moving after it's fully faded in.

[LUNATIC]
00:28:401 (1) - you can make this symmetrical
00:32:749 (3) - anti-jumps like these are designed to be confusing and you really shouldn't use them even to add difficulty. Perhaps it would be easier to change 00:32:532 (2) - to not be a jump, but that opens more inconsistencies. I just ask that you keep spacing in mind. This sort of mapping is in poor taste and reminiscent of 2007.
00:40:575 (5,6,7) - seriously spacing
00:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing
00:57:966 (1) - this slider end doesn't have anything relevant in the music here, so you should use a softer hitsound on the slider ends or map it properly according to the music
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just going to reiterate what others said before, this stream doesn't actually exist in the music.
01:19:488 (2) - add a third point to this so it's slightly curved
01:25:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - doesn't exist in music

[EXHAUST]
What's up with the stack leniency? LUNATIC is 7, this is 2?
00:31:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like you can make this curve a little bit smoother
00:55:358 (6,7,1) - this erratic spacing drive me crazy man
00:57:966 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I couldn't sightread this because it wasn't in the music. At all. Map it properly or do something with the sounds to accentuate that there's literally nothing in the music to support this.
01:24:923 (8,9,1) - spacing

[ADVANCED]
00:57:966 (1,2,3) - stacks play havoc with spacing, especially when you use such a low physical spacing. Higher values aren't a problem, but be extra careful when the circles overlap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to make (1) 1/4th shorter.
01:15:358 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:18:836 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:25:358 (5) - spacing

[BASIC]
00:14:923 (2) - spacing. Be careful of what inherited timing sections do. Actually, why is there a SV change here in the first place? There are no sliders!
01:13:619 (3) - extend this slider out to white tick. Red tick doesn't fit with the music, and it's easy.
Removed the SB, it's been 3 years, I doubt anybody gave a hoot about it but thanks for the tips ziin and thank you for the extra mod~
ZekeyHache
Hey Crimmi! try using your magic word to get this ranked!
Topic Starter
Crimmi

ezek wrote:

lol~
ZekeyHache

Crimmi wrote:

ezek wrote:

lol~
YES!!! Now let's wait and see if it works :P
Miriko
Hi! This is for helping me with timing a map! ^^ (Although I wouldn't mind a mod for my 'Pending' map. xD)

[BASIC]
00:07:097 (3) - Have the start of the slider start/stacked on top of the start of 00:01:880 (1) - maybe?
00:08:836 (1,3) - These straight sliders doesn't seem to fit the song. >< You could ignore this one though.
00:44:923 (2,1) - Blanket a bit better? Also have the end of the slider stacked on where 00:42:314 (1) - ended properly?
00:48:836 (2,1) - This part looks a bit weird. I mean on the beatmap editor and while playing it, the blue slider looked out of place right when the long slider finishes.
01:09:706 (3,4) - Blanket needs a bit of adjustment as well.

[NOVICE]
I can't really find anything here. xD

[ADVANCED]
Neither could I find anything here. x3

[EXHAUST]
I think it's better to have a smaller CS for this difficulty. I suggest 3.5 or higher maybe. >< Other than that, I couldn't find anything else. x3

[LUNATIC]
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The stream feels out of place. >< I couldn't hear anything that signals for a stream to be placed there.

That's all I could do. x3 I hope I helped!
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Victorica wrote:

Hi! This is for helping me with timing a map! ^^ (Although I wouldn't mind a mod for my 'Pending' map. xD)

[BASIC]
00:07:097 (3) - Have the start of the slider start/stacked on top of the start of 00:01:880 (1) - maybe?
00:08:836 (1,3) - These straight sliders doesn't seem to fit the song. >< You could ignore this one though.
00:44:923 (2,1) - Blanket a bit better? Also have the end of the slider stacked on where 00:42:314 (1) - ended properly?
00:48:836 (2,1) - This part looks a bit weird. I mean on the beatmap editor and while playing it, the blue slider looked out of place right when the long slider finishes.
01:09:706 (3,4) - Blanket needs a bit of adjustment as well.

[NOVICE]
I can't really find anything here. xD

[ADVANCED]
Neither could I find anything here. x3

[EXHAUST]
I think it's better to have a smaller CS for this difficulty. I suggest 3.5 or higher maybe. >< Other than that, I couldn't find anything else. x3

[LUNATIC]
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The stream feels out of place. >< I couldn't hear anything that signals for a stream to be placed there.

That's all I could do. x3 I hope I helped!
Thank you for the mod~! :)
Pereira006
re-bubble
Prophecy
@BN: but the metadata is correct?

Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o?
Artist: senya?
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Prophecy wrote:

@BN: but the metadata is correct?

Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o?
Artist: senya?
See my response to Kuron-kun above.
Gero
Placeholder, I'll be back at the weekend because I already back on the university and I have no much time, sorry for the delay.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Gero wrote:

Placeholder, I'll be back at the weekend because I already back on the university and I have no much time, sorry for the delay.
Good luck on your studies~!
Shohei Ohtani
squad is coming in for the kill

anyways, your kiais arent snapped. Please fix that. Also, AutoMod is telling me that there's some unsnapped sliders (like, 1ms unsnapped) in some diffs. I know there's issues between osu! and cutting edge so I don't know if this is an issue but maybe a resnap would help

You can save it for when the next BN comes but uhhh yeah
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Reditum wrote:

squad is coming in for the kill

anyways, your kiais arent snapped. Please fix that. Also, AutoMod is telling me that there's some unsnapped sliders (like, 1ms unsnapped) in some diffs. I know there's issues between osu! and cutting edge so I don't know if this is an issue but maybe a resnap would help

You can save it for when the next BN comes but uhhh yeah
I think it's in Cutting Edge that I saw these issues, I will wait for a BN to swing on by and clarify this.
ZekeyHache

Gero wrote:

365 days left for the weekend.
Wafu
I am sorry, but I am popping this bubble because I feel it doesn't meet sufficient qualities yet.

Reason for popping:
Wrong metadata, inconsistent and too big gap in spread, spacing issues on lower difficulties
Additional modding:
  1. The cut version does have different name. You may check it on CD case. This version corresponds with 色は匂へど 散りぬるを(OPver.1.2) and is only right and official title.
  2. Romanization is wrong as well. Only particles and similar should start with lowercase letter, others should start with uppercase letter. Apart from that, we have to use modified hepburn in osu!, this romanization type romanize following letters different:
    1. へ (he if not particle) = e
    2. は (ha if not particle) = wa - This one is correct in your romanization.
    3. を (wo if not particle) = o
    Lastly, 散り and ぬる should be separate.
    If we consider all these facts, the correct romanized title after correcting original title should be: Iro wa Nio e do Chiri Nuru o (OPver.1.2)
  3. Artist field is also wrong. Firstly, don't ever refer to SOUND VOLTEX website, it has nothing to do with the artist and all information here is unofficial. Secondly 幽閉サテライト (Yuuhei Satellite) is a circle and as CD case says, senya and Iceon (senya is performer, Iceon is the guy who made the music) are a part of this, so you cannot use "feat." for someone who is in part of certain group. It is like using: "senya feat. senya", seems insensible right? You should use either a performer, which is just senya or use only 幽閉サテライト as artist, because it is a circle. After that romanization would be Yuuhei Satellite. SOUND VOLTEX does use its own way of naming and you should not use it in any case, because it is unofficial. To confirm only Iceon and senya worked on the song, you may check this, but it is really not important at this point. Yuuhei Satellite is very famous circle and its name should be used, tho if you want, go ahead with senya.
  4. Burn the video please. Respectively, the resolution is very low, you can see every pixel in gameplay, moreover, you can see those pixels even if you play it on its resolution, so quality is very low. And last thing, XviD does indeed have terrible compression. Like 8.6MB for this? The codec is very outdated and its usage in professional studios is zero. If I consider 2K version of this video exists, I tried to fix it for you and you may use this, quite high quality video instead.
  5. Where is ZUN tag?
  6. Kiai time on EXHAUST is not consistent with other diffs, it is few ms off. Also, check others kiais, most are not snapped correctly.
  7. Spread is very messy, you won't compensate the gap between EXHAUST and ADVANCED by adding easier diffs.
  8. BASIC difficulty is way too useless. 6 objects difference between NOVICE and lower settings doesn't make it an easier diff, decrease usage of circles, make longer gaps and in short, just make it easier so the diff does have actual usage.
  9. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - On NOVICE is really nothing that should appear in easy/normal difficulty. Its readability is really low and the rhythm is difficult to play as well.
  10. NOVICE and BASIC difficulty have distance problems. You are changing the DS from 0.8 to 1.2 from pattern to pattern. Spacing in low diffs, especially easy should be consistent. Using lower spacing if you would have to place the note out of screen is obviously okay, but not changing it this way. Please, check both difficulties for inconsistencies and be sure to use constant spacing, these difficulties don't need it and only make it difficult to read.
  11. 00:01:880 - 00:17:966 - Finishes in this part are really loud and overused on LUNATIC difficulty.
  12. Using rhythm game difficulty names may be sensible, because the song appeared there, but combining with Touhou names is really out. The song is not even officially made for the rhythm game, so it is not that much related, Touhou is more related to this. Using Touhou naming would make more sense than this.
You can ask anything you need to explain. I will watch any changes that happen here. If there is any BN who's going to bubble the map, he should consult with me first.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Wafu wrote:

I am sorry, but I am popping this bubble because I feel it doesn't meet sufficient qualities yet.

Reason for popping:
Wrong metadata, inconsistent and too big gap in spread, spacing issues on lower difficulties
Additional modding:
  1. The cut version does have different name. You may check it on CD case. This version corresponds with 色は匂へど 散りぬるを(OPver.1.2) and is only right and official title.
  2. Romanization is wrong as well. Only particles and similar should start with lowercase letter, others should start with uppercase letter. Apart from that, we have to use modified hepburn in osu!, this romanization type romanize following letters different:
    If we consider all these facts, the correct romanized title after correcting original title should be: Iro wa Nio e do Chiri Nuru o (OPver.1.2)
  3. Artist field is also wrong. Firstly, don't ever refer to SOUND VOLTEX website, it has nothing to do with the artist and all information here is unofficial. Secondly 幽閉サテライト (Yuuhei Satellite) is a circle and as CD case says, senya and Iceon (senya is performer, Iceon is the guy who made the music) are a part of this, so you cannot use "feat." for someone who is in part of certain group. It is like using: "senya feat. senya", seems insensible right? You should use either a performer, which is just senya or use only 幽閉サテライト as artist, because it is a circle. After that romanization would be Yuuhei Satellite. SOUND VOLTEX does use its own way of naming and you should not use it in any case, because it is unofficial. To confirm only Iceon and senya worked on the song, you may check this, but it is really not important at this point. Yuuhei Satellite is very famous circle and its name should be used, tho if you want, go ahead with senya.
  4. Burn the video please. Respectively, the resolution is very low, you can see every pixel in gameplay, moreover, you can see those pixels even if you play it on its resolution, so quality is very low. And last thing, XviD does indeed have terrible compression. Like 8.6MB for this? The codec is very outdated and its usage in professional studios is zero. If I consider 2K version of this video exists, I tried to fix it for you and you may use this, quite high quality video instead.
  5. Where is ZUN tag?
  6. Kiai time on EXHAUST is not consistent with other diffs, it is few ms off. Also, check others kiais, most are not snapped correctly.
  7. Spread is very messy, you won't compensate the gap between EXHAUST and ADVANCED by adding easier diffs.
  8. BASIC difficulty is way too useless. 6 objects difference between NOVICE and lower settings doesn't make it an easier diff, decrease usage of circles, make longer gaps and in short, just make it easier so the diff does have actual usage.
  9. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - On NOVICE is really nothing that should appear in easy/normal difficulty. Its readability is really low and the rhythm is difficult to play as well.
  10. NOVICE and BASIC difficulty have distance problems. You are changing the DS from 0.8 to 1.2 from pattern to pattern. Spacing in low diffs, especially easy should be consistent. Using lower spacing if you would have to place the note out of screen is obviously okay, but not changing it this way. Please, check both difficulties for inconsistencies and be sure to use constant spacing, these difficulties don't need it and only make it difficult to read.
  11. 00:01:880 - 00:17:966 - Finishes in this part are really loud and overused on LUNATIC difficulty.
  12. Using rhythm game difficulty names may be sensible, because the song appeared there, but combining with Touhou names is really out. The song is not even officially made for the rhythm game, so it is not that much related, Touhou is more related to this. Using Touhou naming would make more sense than this.
You can ask anything you need to explain. I will watch any changes that happen here. If there is any BN who's going to bubble the map, he should consult with me first.
Alright, things changed:
  1. Metadata
  2. Easier difficulties being less similar to each other.
  3. Fixed kiai snapping
  4. Lowered the volume on Insane (Formerly LUNATIC)
Wafu
2nd check before I give a verdict on my bubble pop
My fault for not mentioning it previously, video offset is 1382.

[Basic]
  1. 00:59:706 (1,2,3,4,1) - The spacing is still inconsistent
  2. Difficulty is still no difference between easy. 3 object and 8000 score is really, really low difference. Making this one even easier would be more sensible.
[Easy]
  1. 00:07:966 (6,1) - Wrong spacing as well
  2. 01:27:096 - This timing point is useless
  3. 00:31:879 - The spacing is changed to 1.0x here, while the song is very similar to start at this point and it is easy diff, why would you change spacing here. I recommend to remake part before to 1.0x for better gameplay experience for newbies.
  4. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - As I said previously, easy diff is supposed to be easy, so readability, spacing and consistency are important things. In this case, slider overlaps each other (even the previous one) in the way so it becomes a real mess to a newbie, because there are too many objects concentrated on one place and in combination with hitbursts and other stuff, it will become unreadable, and moreover 3/4 sliders are a really difficult rhythm to catch. This rhythm would make much more sense for easy.
[Normal]
  1. 00:29:706 (1) - The spinner doesn't provide sufficient amount of time to play next note, also, it doesn't start on a great place since the long sound is actually starting on 00:28:400 - .
  2. 00:06:662 (2) - The rhythm seems a little wrong, because you are ignoring quite a strong sound on 00:07:097 - while you use long slider for a vocal that is divided on 00:06:879 - .
[Hard]
  1. Difference between Normal is still very big. Respectively, the difficulty is significantly higher and in addition, the maximum score is like 3.5x maximum score of normal, which is a big difference as well.
  2. 00:39:488 (2) - The rhythm of this slider seems to be completely off.
  3. 00:31:445 (2,3,4,5) - The stream doesn't look really aesthetic when the spacing is inconsistent. Low spacing on first note seem to ruin the smooth shape of the pattern.
[Insane]
  1. 00:03:619 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These jumps have no logic with music honestly. The best would be to remove this completely, but at least decrease the distance so it fits the music more, there is nothing really lively to be emphasized with jumps.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Wafu wrote:

2nd check before I give a verdict on my bubble pop
My fault for not mentioning it previously, video offset is 1382.

[Basic]
  1. 00:59:706 (1,2,3,4,1) - The spacing is still inconsistent
  2. Difficulty is still no difference between easy. 3 object and 8000 score is really, really low difference. Making this one even easier would be more sensible.
[Easy]
  1. 00:07:966 (6,1) - Wrong spacing as well
  2. 01:27:096 - This timing point is useless
  3. 00:31:879 - The spacing is changed to 1.0x here, while the song is very similar to start at this point and it is easy diff, why would you change spacing here. I recommend to remake part before to 1.0x for better gameplay experience for newbies.
  4. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - As I said previously, easy diff is supposed to be easy, so readability, spacing and consistency are important things. In this case, slider overlaps each other (even the previous one) in the way so it becomes a real mess to a newbie, because there are too many objects concentrated on one place and in combination with hitbursts and other stuff, it will become unreadable, and moreover 3/4 sliders are a really difficult rhythm to catch. This rhythm would make much more sense for easy.
[Normal]
  1. 00:29:706 (1) - The spinner doesn't provide sufficient amount of time to play next note, also, it doesn't start on a great place since the long sound is actually starting on 00:28:400 - .
  2. 00:06:662 (2) - The rhythm seems a little wrong, because you are ignoring quite a strong sound on 00:07:097 - while you use long slider for a vocal that is divided on 00:06:879 - .
[Hard]
  1. Difference between Normal is still very big. Respectively, the difficulty is significantly higher and in addition, the maximum score is like 3.5x maximum score of normal, which is a big difference as well.
  2. 00:39:488 (2) - The rhythm of this slider seems to be completely off.
  3. 00:31:445 (2,3,4,5) - The stream doesn't look really aesthetic when the spacing is inconsistent. Low spacing on first note seem to ruin the smooth shape of the pattern.
[Insane]
  1. 00:03:619 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - These jumps have no logic with music honestly. The best would be to remove this completely, but at least decrease the distance so it fits the music more, there is nothing really lively to be emphasized with jumps.
All fixed, deleted Basic and changed settings on Hard.
Wafu
After checking this 3rd time, I can admit everything is okay apart from spread between Normal and Hard. This should be fixed and thus getting few more mods would not hurt. Getting a BN is possible, but let me know if you are going to bubble it, I will be checking the map after every update, if I eventually see it is really okay now, I might rebubble it as well.
Gero
Let me know when everything is updated and ready for a check, I wanna take a look of this as well.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Wafu wrote:

After checking this 3rd time, I can admit everything is okay apart from spread between Normal and Hard. This should be fixed and thus getting few more mods would not hurt. Getting a BN is possible, but let me know if you are going to bubble it, I will be checking the map after every update, if I eventually see it is really okay now, I might rebubble it as well.
Gap fixed by making a new Hard and leaving the other old hard as a Light Insane.

Gero wrote:

Let me know when everything is updated and ready for a check, I wanna take a look of this as well.
Sure~!
Topic Starter
Crimmi
After double checking, I just decided to delete the Light Insane since it's no different than Hard.
Wafu
[Easy]
  1. Why is 100% volume here? It sounds pretty loud.
  2. Use 1382 video offset, this difficulty is inconsistent.
  3. 00:54:052 (3) - Rhythmical emphasis seems to be a little off. 00:54:487 - is definitely more significant sound than 00:54:052 - or 00:54:922 - thus should be definitely clickable.
  4. 00:57:965 (3,4,5) - You could, preferably avoid this stack so circle under it is not covered with hitburst.
  5. 01:00:140 (2) - The spacing difference between these four objects seems to be too big. Please make it consistent as this is an easy beatmap and should provide some aesthetics.
  6. 01:18:401 (5) - Same as previous.
  7. 01:03:618 (2,4) - This pattern is not appropriate for an easy difficulty. Stack with "comeback" in such a short time period is really newbie killer because of many reasons, including it is being overlapped by both circle and hitburst and mainly, the stacked circle is visible before the first one disappears, thus some people will doubleclick this.
  8. 00:01:880 - Are you sure this is supposed to be a finish? Respectively, you are emphasizing a really soft sound with a heavy cymbal, that sounds weird. Applies to all diffs.
  9. 00:44:052 (1) - Is the only inconsistent new combo here
  10. 01:00:139 - This inherited point is a duplicate
[Normal]
  2. Jump from CS 2 to CS 4 is not cool. Either make Easy CS 3 or make Normal CS 3, but there shouldn't be such a difference.
  3. 00:59:705 (1,2) - The rhythm is really incorrect. There is nothing intelligent in music to follow, yet 1/2 sliders are used.
  4. Maybe consider using NC twice as often so you balance the spread a little. You know, 9-combo is not really a cool element for normal. If you use it twice as often (at least after the break) it should fit well. The thing is too long often is delaying gain of HP, thus it is really easy to fail if you miss - which is quite usual thing for newbies.
  5. 01:00:139 - Useless inherited point as well.
  6. 01:27:096 - Same as previous.
[Hard]
  2. 00:07:749 (7,8) - For a better rhythmical ehmpasis, this slider and circle should be swapped respectively slider should be on 00:07:749 - and circle should be on 00:08:401 - . So 00:08:184 - is mapped by the slider, 00:07:749 - is still clickable by the slider and 00:08:401 - for voice is clickable by the circle. Current slider is mapped very strange way when it comes to rhythm.
  3. 01:00:357 (3) - Doesn't sound very cool as there is no significant sound in map.
  4. 01:19:487 (2) - Same thing as first issue, it is not emphasizing music correctly, please change the rhythm.
  5. Please, pass through whole difficulty and limit your stacks and overlaps. I know it's "something new", but for example things like 00:09:271 (2) - 00:11:010 (7) - 00:12:314 (1) - 01:18:835 (1) - 01:22:965 (3) - seem to be very tricky and weird indeed. You are imo overusing this for no reason, otherwise the map is cool.
  6. 00:30:139 (1,2,3,4) - There must be some spacing. They look all like 1/4 gap, but actually only the last one is, please, use smarter placement which clearly says what pattern it is.
  7. 00:41:444 (1,2) - You should swap the new combo for consistency.
  8. 01:00:139 - Unused inherited point.
  9. 01:27:097 - Same as previous.
[Insane]
  1. 00:06:010 (2,3,4) - Sounds very off when it comes to rhythm, nothing in song is 1/4 here.
  2. 01:15:357 (5) - 1/1 slider would make more sense here.
  3. 01:17:532 (10,11) - Exactly the same thing as 00:07:749 (7,8) - on Hard.
  4. Same as Normal, you should come through whole map and double the new combos amount to have better spread - if you consider count of jumps and so on in comparison with Hard, it is not really cool to give HP that rarely.
  5. 01:00:139 - Duplicate inherited point.
No kudosu, I already got for this map.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Wafu wrote:

[Easy]
  2. Use 1382 video offset, this difficulty is inconsistent.
  3. 00:54:052 (3) - Rhythmical emphasis seems to be a little off. 00:54:487 - is definitely more significant sound than 00:54:052 - or 00:54:922 - thus should be definitely clickable.
  4. 00:57:965 (3,4,5) - You could, preferably avoid this stack so circle under it is not covered with hitburst.
  5. 01:00:140 (2) - The spacing difference between these four objects seems to be too big. Please make it consistent as this is an easy beatmap and should provide some aesthetics.
  6. 01:18:401 (5) - Same as previous.
  7. 01:03:618 (2,4) - This pattern is not appropriate for an easy difficulty. Stack with "comeback" in such a short time period is really newbie killer because of many reasons, including it is being overlapped by both circle and hitburst and mainly, the stacked circle is visible before the first one disappears, thus some people will doubleclick this.
  8. 00:01:880 - Are you sure this is supposed to be a finish? Respectively, you are emphasizing a really soft sound with a heavy cymbal, that sounds weird. Applies to all diffs.
  9. 00:44:052 (1) - Is the only inconsistent new combo here
  10. 01:00:139 - This inherited point is a duplicate
[Normal]
  2. Jump from CS 2 to CS 4 is not cool. Either make Easy CS 3 or make Normal CS 3, but there shouldn't be such a difference.
  3. 00:59:705 (1,2) - The rhythm is really incorrect. There is nothing intelligent in music to follow, yet 1/2 sliders are used.
  4. Maybe consider using NC twice as often so you balance the spread a little. You know, 9-combo is not really a cool element for normal. If you use it twice as often (at least after the break) it should fit well. The thing is too long often is delaying gain of HP, thus it is really easy to fail if you miss - which is quite usual thing for newbies.
  5. 01:00:139 - Useless inherited point as well.
[Hard]
  2. 00:07:749 (7,8) - For a better rhythmical ehmpasis, this slider and circle should be swapped respectively slider should be on 00:07:749 - and circle should be on 00:08:401 - . So 00:08:184 - is mapped by the slider, 00:07:749 - is still clickable by the slider and 00:08:401 - for voice is clickable by the circle. Current slider is mapped very strange way when it comes to rhythm.
  3. 01:00:357 (3) - Doesn't sound very cool as there is no significant sound in map.
  4. 01:19:487 (2) - Same thing as first issue, it is not emphasizing music correctly, please change the rhythm.
  5. Please, pass through whole difficulty and limit your stacks and overlaps. I know it's "something new", but for example things like 00:09:271 (2) - 00:11:010 (7) - 00:12:314 (1) - 01:18:835 (1) - 01:22:965 (3) - seem to be very tricky and weird indeed. You are imo overusing this for no reason, otherwise the map is cool. Not really "overusing" but like you said I was trying something new and those few objects I did with trying a new style of some sort, but alas, I cannot compete so I just swapped things around.
  6. 00:30:139 (1,2,3,4) - There must be some spacing. They look all like 1/4 gap, but actually only the last one is, please, use smarter placement which clearly says what pattern it is. Added extra repeats.
  7. 00:41:444 (1,2) - You should swap the new combo for consistency.
  8. 01:00:139 - Unused inherited point.
  9. 01:27:097 - Same as previous.
[Insane]
  1. 00:06:010 (2,3,4) - Sounds very off when it comes to rhythm, nothing in song is 1/4 here.
  2. 01:15:357 (5) - 1/1 slider would make more sense here.
  3. 01:17:532 (10,11) - Exactly the same thing as 00:07:749 (7,8) - on Hard.
  4. Same as Normal, you should come through whole map and double the new combos amount to have better spread - if you consider count of jumps and so on in comparison with Hard, it is not really cool to give HP that rarely.
  5. 01:00:139 - Duplicate inherited point.
No kudosu, I already got for this map.
Thanks for the mod.
Wafu
Seems like important stuff was fixed and map should be good enough now.

Gero wrote:

If possible, I would like to see Gero taking a look at this, because he was interested in the map previously. If you feel the map is not good, you may pop the bubble, just so it doesn't get randomly qualified by someone after you'd give an opinion on the map. (I'll be afk for a weekend, so if you say: "It's wrong", obviously, I'd like to check what's wrong, so only way to prevent ninjas would be popping, but I hope this won't need to happen)
Prophecy
But The Source and something could not be right. Check it here:

[Metadata]
  1. Artist : senya
  2. Title : 色は匂へど 散りぬるを (OP ver.)
  3. Romanised Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o(OP ver.)
  4. Add Tags: Yuuhei satellite touhou
  5. Referance: http://www.yuuhei-satellite.jp/2134
good luck! :)

#Bmc1
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Prophecy wrote:

[Metadata]

#Bmc1

Wafu wrote:

Additional modding:
You probably have a different version of it than I do.
Prophecy

Crimmi wrote:

Prophecy wrote:

[Metadata]

#Bmc1

Wafu wrote:

Additional modding:
You probably have a different version of it than I do.
But The title is really weird. Some Japan BN said that this title is not true.
Try to asking some BN Like Satellite or player Charlotte to fix this issue.
Wafu
The title is correct. If Japanese BN said it is not correct, he should've come and say it in the thread, apart from that, BN being Japanese doesn't mean his word would be something more than mine as only thing what he gets from being Japanese is ability to translate it, it doesn't have any effect on whether it is correct or incorrect title.

The mp3 is equal to song from this album. Songs are very similar and using two names is more like aesthetics reason, difference is just the video and offset of the song - if we took the CD with the song, OPver.1.2 would fit perfectly for the 1.2 video, but not for first opening. On the other side if we took OPver, it would work correctly for first video but would have wrong offset for 1.2 video. Offset is broken after converting to mp3, thus it won't fit for any of them without manually setting the offset. Also because we used 1.2 video and the songs are exactly same apart from that one fits to first video and one to second, then we should use the 1.2 in title. If we rename it to OPver, then we should also replace the video with the first version of the video so song does have same video as it is supposed to be with. I don't think there is any sense in doing that much of mess. tl;dr difference between these versions is the offset which is set for a certain video, but it is afflicted already by mp3 conversion, so if we used 1.2 video, no matter whether it was from first version or 1.2, we made the same effect as 1.2 video, that would work even reversed. The difference is in thing we change anyway, so that's why we don't pick OPver, but OPver.1.2.

I already exaplained artist, regarding RC, he can pick Yuuhei Satellite or senya. That's because senya is part of circle that created the song and the circle is quite famous, so both senya and Yuuhei Satellite is 100% correct. Also we have "Artist" field, not "Performer" - even rest of the circle participated on the song, and because we have the opportunity to include all people from circle to the artist by using the circle name, it makes more sense to use the circle name.

Romanization was also explained. If any BN does have problem with this, the thread is here to discuss, eventually forum/in-game PM doesn't hurt at all. Also please, don't tell someone to call someone for metadata just because it's in his native language, that doesn't make any sense.
Myxo
Man, metadata sure is complicated.
Good thing I don't have to bother wi- oh wait a moment.
If you can choose I'd recommend you to use senya because everybody knows who that is.
Wafu

Desperate-kun wrote:

Man, metadata sure is complicated.
Good thing I don't have to bother wi- oh wait a moment.
If you can choose I'd recommend you to use senya because everybody knows who that is.
He can pick whatever he wants when it comes to artist, I said it in another post, but I think in overall, Yuuhei Satellite is more famous, just the osu! community had a bad habit of putting her name everywhere. But for example if you google [google:1337]senya[/google:1337], you'll find pretty much random things, on the other side if you google [google:1337]Yuuhei Satellite[/google:1337], you'll have what you were looking for instantly + we should consider that Yuuhei Satellite created this song (actually 7 people in overall worked on it), then it's kind of ignoring them by just putting "senya" here. Next thing is that senya is a performer in multiple organizations, thus it does not give a correct reference. Respectively, she was singing in different music styles, so searching only "senya" will not always find the organization that is producing exactly that. In my opinion, usage of circle, in case where the artist belongs to multiple organizations, is more appropriate, because tho the singer may be the same, it may be completely different kind of music - But choice is not against RC, so if Crimmi wanted to use senya, it will be fine, tho I don't see a reason why to keep this habit of using her name as artist when many people worked on it as group and when she belongs to multiple organizations.

Also I am convinced that most people who actually bought the album don't know who senya is (apart from osu! players, because of described habit), but consider it as Yuuhei Satellite, because they released it like that, senya is just in credits along with all other artists. That's all about it.
Topic Starter
Crimmi
*crickets*
ZekeyHache

Crimmi wrote:

*crickets*
Gero
Everything seems fine and ready to go, also about the metadata it's fine as is.

~ Qualified ~
Feb
that 3 year old submitted thing, gz
Kyouren
Gratzz~ <3
show more