1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

Wafu wrote:

[Easy]
  1. Why is 100% volume here? It sounds pretty loud.
  2. Use 1382 video offset, this difficulty is inconsistent.
  3. 00:54:052 (3) - Rhythmical emphasis seems to be a little off. 00:54:487 - is definitely more significant sound than 00:54:052 - or 00:54:922 - thus should be definitely clickable.
  4. 00:57:965 (3,4,5) - You could, preferably avoid this stack so circle under it is not covered with hitburst.
  5. 01:00:140 (2) - The spacing difference between these four objects seems to be too big. Please make it consistent as this is an easy beatmap and should provide some aesthetics.
  6. 01:18:401 (5) - Same as previous.
  7. 01:03:618 (2,4) - This pattern is not appropriate for an easy difficulty. Stack with "comeback" in such a short time period is really newbie killer because of many reasons, including it is being overlapped by both circle and hitburst and mainly, the stacked circle is visible before the first one disappears, thus some people will doubleclick this.
  8. 00:01:880 - Are you sure this is supposed to be a finish? Respectively, you are emphasizing a really soft sound with a heavy cymbal, that sounds weird. Applies to all diffs.
  9. 00:44:052 (1) - Is the only inconsistent new combo here
  10. 01:00:139 - This inherited point is a duplicate

[Normal]
  1. Why is 100% volume here? It sounds pretty loud.
  2. Jump from CS 2 to CS 4 is not cool. Either make Easy CS 3 or make Normal CS 3, but there shouldn't be such a difference.
  3. 00:59:705 (1,2) - The rhythm is really incorrect. There is nothing intelligent in music to follow, yet 1/2 sliders are used.
  4. Maybe consider using NC twice as often so you balance the spread a little. You know, 9-combo is not really a cool element for normal. If you use it twice as often (at least after the break) it should fit well. The thing is too long often is delaying gain of HP, thus it is really easy to fail if you miss - which is quite usual thing for newbies.
  5. 01:00:139 - Useless inherited point as well.
  6. 01:27:096 - Same as previous.

[Hard]
  1. Why is 100% volume here? It sounds pretty loud.
  2. 00:07:749 (7,8) - For a better rhythmical ehmpasis, this slider and circle should be swapped respectively slider should be on 00:07:749 - and circle should be on 00:08:401 - . So 00:08:184 - is mapped by the slider, 00:07:749 - is still clickable by the slider and 00:08:401 - for voice is clickable by the circle. Current slider is mapped very strange way when it comes to rhythm.
  3. 01:00:357 (3) - Doesn't sound very cool as there is no significant sound in map.
  4. 01:19:487 (2) - Same thing as first issue, it is not emphasizing music correctly, please change the rhythm.
  5. Please, pass through whole difficulty and limit your stacks and overlaps. I know it's "something new", but for example things like 00:09:271 (2) - 00:11:010 (7) - 00:12:314 (1) - 01:18:835 (1) - 01:22:965 (3) - seem to be very tricky and weird indeed. You are imo overusing this for no reason, otherwise the map is cool. Not really "overusing" but like you said I was trying something new and those few objects I did with trying a new style of some sort, but alas, I cannot compete so I just swapped things around.
  6. 00:30:139 (1,2,3,4) - There must be some spacing. They look all like 1/4 gap, but actually only the last one is, please, use smarter placement which clearly says what pattern it is. Added extra repeats.
  7. 00:41:444 (1,2) - You should swap the new combo for consistency.
  8. 01:00:139 - Unused inherited point.
  9. 01:27:097 - Same as previous.

[Insane]
  1. 00:06:010 (2,3,4) - Sounds very off when it comes to rhythm, nothing in song is 1/4 here.
  2. 01:15:357 (5) - 1/1 slider would make more sense here.
  3. 01:17:532 (10,11) - Exactly the same thing as 00:07:749 (7,8) - on Hard.
  4. Same as Normal, you should come through whole map and double the new combos amount to have better spread - if you consider count of jumps and so on in comparison with Hard, it is not really cool to give HP that rarely.
  5. 01:00:139 - Duplicate inherited point.
  6. 01:27:096 - Same as previous.

No kudosu, I already got for this map.
Thanks for the mod.
posted
Seems like important stuff was fixed and map should be good enough now.

Gero wrote:

Let me know when everything is updated and ready for a check, I wanna take a look of this as well.
If possible, I would like to see Gero taking a look at this, because he was interested in the map previously. If you feel the map is not good, you may pop the bubble, just so it doesn't get randomly qualified by someone after you'd give an opinion on the map. (I'll be afk for a weekend, so if you say: "It's wrong", obviously, I'd like to check what's wrong, so only way to prevent ninjas would be popping, but I hope this won't need to happen)
posted
But The Source and something could not be right. Check it here:

[Metadata]
  1. Artist : senya
  2. Title : 色は匂へど 散りぬるを (OP ver.)
  3. Romanised Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o(OP ver.)
  4. Add Tags: Yuuhei satellite touhou
  5. Referance: http://www.yuuhei-satellite.jp/2134
good luck! :)

#Bmc1
posted

Prophecy wrote:

But The Source and something could not be right. Check it here:

[Metadata]
  1. Artist : senya
  2. Title : 色は匂へど 散りぬるを (OP ver.)
  3. Romanised Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o(OP ver.)
  4. Add Tags: Yuuhei satellite touhou
  5. Referance: http://www.yuuhei-satellite.jp/2134
good luck! :)

#Bmc1

Wafu wrote:

Additional modding:
  1. The cut version does have different name. You may check it on CD case. This version corresponds with 色は匂へど 散りぬるを(OPver.1.2) and is only right and official title.
  2. Romanization is wrong as well. Only particles and similar should start with lowercase letter, others should start with uppercase letter. Apart from that, we have to use modified hepburn in osu!, this romanization type romanize following letters different:
    1. へ (he if not particle) = e
    2. は (ha if not particle) = wa - This one is correct in your romanization.
    3. を (wo if not particle) = o

    Lastly, 散り and ぬる should be separate.
    If we consider all these facts, the correct romanized title after correcting original title should be: Iro wa Nio e do Chiri Nuru o (OPver.1.2)
You probably have a different version of it than I do.
posted

Crimmi wrote:

Prophecy wrote:

But The Source and something could not be right. Check it here:

[Metadata]
  1. Artist : senya
  2. Title : 色は匂へど 散りぬるを (OP ver.)
  3. Romanised Title: Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru o(OP ver.)
  4. Add Tags: Yuuhei satellite touhou
  5. Referance: http://www.yuuhei-satellite.jp/2134
good luck! :)

#Bmc1

Wafu wrote:

Additional modding:
  1. The cut version does have different name. You may check it on CD case. This version corresponds with 色は匂へど 散りぬるを(OPver.1.2) and is only right and official title.
  2. Romanization is wrong as well. Only particles and similar should start with lowercase letter, others should start with uppercase letter. Apart from that, we have to use modified hepburn in osu!, this romanization type romanize following letters different:
    1. へ (he if not particle) = e
    2. は (ha if not particle) = wa - This one is correct in your romanization.
    3. を (wo if not particle) = o

    Lastly, 散り and ぬる should be separate.
    If we consider all these facts, the correct romanized title after correcting original title should be: Iro wa Nio e do Chiri Nuru o (OPver.1.2)
You probably have a different version of it than I do.
But The title is really weird. Some Japan BN said that this title is not true.
Try to asking some BN Like Satellite or player Charlotte to fix this issue.
posted
The title is correct. If Japanese BN said it is not correct, he should've come and say it in the thread, apart from that, BN being Japanese doesn't mean his word would be something more than mine as only thing what he gets from being Japanese is ability to translate it, it doesn't have any effect on whether it is correct or incorrect title.

The mp3 is equal to song from this album. Songs are very similar and using two names is more like aesthetics reason, difference is just the video and offset of the song - if we took the CD with the song, OPver.1.2 would fit perfectly for the 1.2 video, but not for first opening. On the other side if we took OPver, it would work correctly for first video but would have wrong offset for 1.2 video. Offset is broken after converting to mp3, thus it won't fit for any of them without manually setting the offset. Also because we used 1.2 video and the songs are exactly same apart from that one fits to first video and one to second, then we should use the 1.2 in title. If we rename it to OPver, then we should also replace the video with the first version of the video so song does have same video as it is supposed to be with. I don't think there is any sense in doing that much of mess. tl;dr difference between these versions is the offset which is set for a certain video, but it is afflicted already by mp3 conversion, so if we used 1.2 video, no matter whether it was from first version or 1.2, we made the same effect as 1.2 video, that would work even reversed. The difference is in thing we change anyway, so that's why we don't pick OPver, but OPver.1.2.

I already exaplained artist, regarding RC, he can pick Yuuhei Satellite or senya. That's because senya is part of circle that created the song and the circle is quite famous, so both senya and Yuuhei Satellite is 100% correct. Also we have "Artist" field, not "Performer" - even rest of the circle participated on the song, and because we have the opportunity to include all people from circle to the artist by using the circle name, it makes more sense to use the circle name.

Romanization was also explained. If any BN does have problem with this, the thread is here to discuss, eventually forum/in-game PM doesn't hurt at all. Also please, don't tell someone to call someone for metadata just because it's in his native language, that doesn't make any sense.
posted
Man, metadata sure is complicated.
Good thing I don't have to bother wi- oh wait a moment.
If you can choose I'd recommend you to use senya because everybody knows who that is.
posted

Desperate-kun wrote:

Man, metadata sure is complicated.
Good thing I don't have to bother wi- oh wait a moment.
If you can choose I'd recommend you to use senya because everybody knows who that is.
He can pick whatever he wants when it comes to artist, I said it in another post, but I think in overall, Yuuhei Satellite is more famous, just the osu! community had a bad habit of putting her name everywhere. But for example if you google [google:1337]senya[/google:1337], you'll find pretty much random things, on the other side if you google [google:1337]Yuuhei Satellite[/google:1337], you'll have what you were looking for instantly + we should consider that Yuuhei Satellite created this song (actually 7 people in overall worked on it), then it's kind of ignoring them by just putting "senya" here. Next thing is that senya is a performer in multiple organizations, thus it does not give a correct reference. Respectively, she was singing in different music styles, so searching only "senya" will not always find the organization that is producing exactly that. In my opinion, usage of circle, in case where the artist belongs to multiple organizations, is more appropriate, because tho the singer may be the same, it may be completely different kind of music - But choice is not against RC, so if Crimmi wanted to use senya, it will be fine, tho I don't see a reason why to keep this habit of using her name as artist when many people worked on it as group and when she belongs to multiple organizations.

Also I am convinced that most people who actually bought the album don't know who senya is (apart from osu! players, because of described habit), but consider it as Yuuhei Satellite, because they released it like that, senya is just in credits along with all other artists. That's all about it.
posted
*crickets*
posted

Crimmi wrote:

*crickets*
posted
Everything seems fine and ready to go, also about the metadata it's fine as is.

~ Qualified ~
posted
that 3 year old submitted thing, gz
posted
Gratzz~ <3
posted
eeeeh and why you decided to put everything by distance snap during kiai when song is supposed to be more intense, while having a pretty jumpy beginning part where everything is so damn calm
???
posted
HP8 is not a 'little' too much on Insane ? High combo and low object density make it really hard imo :/
posted
I like this song <3 Gratz o3o
posted
gratz :3
posted
gratz~~
posted
Thank you guys for supporting an old man's map for the last 3 years and finally seeing it through, I shall return soon. . .
posted
There shouldn't be any spaces between o and ( in the Romanised Title, meh..
Please sign in to reply.