forum

hitcircleoverlay @2x not properly draw on sliders [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Froztic
well, if a beatmap provide hitcircle.png only (no hitcircleoverlay.png)
and your skin has hitcircleoverlay@2x.png
then hitcircleoverlay will be 2x ( and is a mess ) on sliders

(osu! public build)

hitcircle.png

hitcircleoverlay.png
hitcircleoverlay@2x.png
(this one is just a scaled-up @2x; crap quality x_x)

get this beatmap and test with default skin
(your osu! resolution must be 1600x or more)

edit: an inverse case (where beatmap has only hitcircleoverlay.png only) t/123489
MillhioreF
Do you have a hitcircleoverlay.png that's not @2x? Providing an @2x file only without a standard resolution one can cause strange problems.
Topic Starter
Froztic

MillhioreF wrote:

Do you have a hitcircleoverlay.png that's not @2x? Providing an @2x file only without a standard resolution one can cause strange problems.
no, it doesn't cause a problem (but i have one while testing).
even both hitcircleoverlay provide; osu! will choose @2x (1920x1080 screen).

oh,you can access test build, right ?
just use the peppy's new default skin (which is already @2x)
then try create a beatmap which skin only hitcircle.png and see.
peppy
you need to provide both a hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay @2x. Also make sure they are correct dimensions (256x256).
Topic Starter
Froztic
update links on op (with 1x)
(i've both 1x and 2x while testing, i just don't provide them here on first)

and yes, both 1x and 2x are having correct dimension (128 x 128 and 256 x 256)
i use the template v3 so the dimension should be correct

Edit
to sum up: download t/16602
then use any skin that has hitcircleoverlay.png (both 1x and 2x)
(to be easier, just use peppy's new default skin on test build)
that should explain all of what i've try to say.
peppy
After re-reading your opening post I understand the problem here now.
VelperK
Confirm maybe?
Topic Starter
Froztic
because the new skin is being pushed to the public, this will happen even when you use default skin.
(new default skin has 2x elements so yeah, but still your resolution must support 2x)
Dexus
If you take and make a new skin folder and place just a hitcircle.png into it the skin bugs out. Something is going wrong here. I can make it happen every time

Related
p/2185566
Topic Starter
Froztic
^ not related

it's because you haven't include hitcircleoverlay.png
if you provide hitcircle.png you must provide hitcircleoverlay.png too.
(apply for 2x too)

please finish your skin.
Dexus

Froztic wrote:

it's because you haven't include hitcircleoverlay.png
if you provide hitcircle.png you must provide hitcircleoverlay.png too.
(apply for 2x too)

please finish your skin.
why doesn't it use the osu default elements to fill in the rest like it should?
Rokk
It does, which is exactly the problem. It fills it in with the double resolution skin, which won't fit in the object's zone.
Nuix
Hi there! i'm just watch the Cookiezi replay.He is playing the t+pazolite - Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! [Xtreme]
The one thing i don't know is, there is a big circle in the first and the end of slider button.
The computer specific i used is 4Gb ram, 2GB approx memory, and Direct X v.11

Arnold0
Duplicate of this : t/121930
So I think the map skin have a hitcircle.png standart resolution and no hitcircleverlay so it use yours which is @2x?
Topic Starter
Froztic
^ correct

hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png is a bundle, one must provide both.

still, old beatmap ranked when this criteria isn't active

ranking criteria wrote:

When skinning gameplay elements, complete sets of elements must be skinned. For instance, if you skin hitcircles, you must include a hitcircle.png, hitcircleoverlay.png, approachcircle.png, and a slider border color (this can be done by adding the line "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" (using RGB values) under the [Colours] section of each .osu file). The same logic applies to hitbursts, cursors, numbers, and anything else of this nature. If you didn't intend to skin an element in the set, then using the templateskin's version is okay. Setting a SkinPreference is also acceptable (e.g. forcing the default skin).
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria

edit: it is not 100% correct btw, approachcircle.png isn't the bundle of hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png, for example
but yeah, it's the same logic applies
theowest
so many duplicates of this, I'm just going to start to merge them all to that topic.
MillhioreF
Going to go ahead and confirm this, since I can finally replicate. Here's a map to replicate it on - it's the inverse of the bug where hitcircleoverlay.png was present but hitcircle.png was not.
djpleiades
sliders seems fine for me using directx
was having this issue with my skin, then i remembered i had taken my graphics card out and it switched to opengl
switched back to directx no problems yet
peppy
I've tested the above map with both opengl and directx and cannot replicate. Am I missing something obvious?

MillhioreF
Doesn't look like it - I just tested again and everything is working fine. I guess some update fixed it accidentally since I last posted??