forum

Desertion Rate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Merusadas
For people who frequently leaving the multiplayer mode during the game

people who just leaves the room when we all waited for him to finish download and play the game will increase their Desertion Rate, and People who does not should have keep low rate

So host do not have to wait for people will just leave the room during the game when everyone wants to start the game

This will keep people to be keep playing the game instead of just quitting
TheVileOne
It's not fair, but I agree to this to some extent.
Oinari-sama
It's a niche idea, but imo a display for "Average Wait Between Songs" may serve better purpose. This should remove (to some extend) the "unfairness" due to lots of people joining and quitting the room.

If you see a room with Average Wait = 10min you'll know something's wrong immediately. Either the host loves to chat, or someone's download just takes forever.
Topic Starter
Merusadas
well I didn't mean to say people who are waiting in the room
they may leave but people who leaves during the game Im talking about
cause its unfair for people who have waited long time for just one person, and the person just leaves during the game its really unfair for people who waited for them
thats what Im trying to say
Oinari-sama
Oh I see, so you're proposing a desertion rate/count for the Player, not the Room.

That could be useful, though I worry about the discrimination it may bring towards someone who dc a lot...
Wishy
This is the main reason why I never allow random people join my games, most of them just download, play for 5 seconds and quit.
Topic Starter
Merusadas

Wishy wrote:

This is the main reason why I never allow random people join my games, most of them just download, play for 5 seconds and quit.
If this is granted, then you don't have to, look at their desertion rate, and if its high, then kick
They'll learn to stop leaving the game even they fail
Full Tablet
Is there something wrong if a player decides to leave mid-game? It's not like it affects other users when they do that.

If for some reason you find people who take time to download and then leave mid-game, just you don't you say in the chat room name you don't want people taking time to download the maps, and make it clear you won't wait for people to download (after your friends have finished downloading or something).
Topic Starter
Merusadas

Full Tablet wrote:

Is there something wrong if a player decides to leave mid-game? It's not like it affects other users when they do that.

If for some reason you find people who take time to download and then leave mid-game, just you don't you say in the chat room name you don't want people taking time to download the maps, and make it clear you won't wait for people to download (after your friends have finished downloading or something).

I don't mind people downloading a map, not at all, but if its full room and only single person does not have the map and if we waited for him and when the game begins and he suddenly leaves, how would you feel?
If he just have left during the download we could just started without wasting anyone's time or someone else who has the map would have came in and played other than the person

I really don't mind people taking time to download but I do mind people leave mid-game especially when I'm the host
Did I ask them to come to my room? No I simply made my room and they came in
He have made us wait for him to finish download, and we begin and like 3 seconds later he leaves
Its not just a single person doing that, when I'm the host or one of player, it amkes me feel like why did you came in the first place if you just gonna leave
Wishy

Full Tablet wrote:

It's quite normal to get people who is either retarded/not reading/doesn't care/can't understand your language (or english) who just joins, starts downloading, gets ready when they got the map (making you wait for them), then they play for... 3 seconds, fail the song and quit. I didn't really cared about casual randoms who joined my rooms but truth is almost ALL of them just join, download, fail and leave.

I know the most common answer would be "just kick them", but hey I would like to play with people I don't know, with this "desertion rate" I could trust some random player, wait for him to download, play, start chatting, etc.
Compa

Wishy wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

It's quite normal to get people who is either retarded/not reading/doesn't care/can't understand your language (or english) who just joins, starts downloading, gets ready when they got the map (making you wait for them), then they play for... 3 seconds, fail the song and quit. I didn't really cared about casual randoms who joined my rooms but truth is almost ALL of them just join, download, fail and leave.

I know the most common answer would be "just kick them", but hey I would like to play with people I don't know, with this "desertion rate" I could trust some random player, wait for him to download, play, start chatting, etc.
If it's a new player/multiple account then what would you do?
Also what if it's a chat room and someone decides to leave and they start it after that?
Topic Starter
Merusadas
If it's a new player/multiple account then what would you do?
Also what if it's a chat room and someone decides to leave and they start it after that?[/quote]

I don't understand your second question, but for first if its first time or multiple account, first of all, your not allow to have a second account and if its their first time they should learn not to leave the game, and if the room was too hard for them then they should learn to play in their level ive seen some people leaving the game cause they missed one note, either im the host or just one of player, it just look bad, what can I do if they are new or multiple account? Am I some admin ornsomething? No, thats why Im requesting a feature :p

Just guessing your second question, if your talking about leaving at the chat room, I said you do not receive any penalty, you only receive penalty if you leave during the game
Why would you receive any penalty if you leave right before they start the game? Explain it to me or did you not read?
Fllandre

Oinari-sama wrote:

That could be useful, though I worry about the discrimination it may bring towards someone who dc a lot...
Indeed. :roll:
RBRat3
One of the reasons I requested "Force start", Remember you the host is making the choice to wait not the user. The feature wont do you any good but show a number.
Oinari-sama
I'm just wondering, will it be a lot of extra work (or at all possible) to display an "Average Progress % Played Before Quitting (Multi-player)" stats? If I abbreviate that to AP%, for someone who always finish playing every song he will get 100% AP%. Someone who always quit mid song will get 50%, and those who play for 5s and quit will get only 1%-ish.

If this stats is not too hard to implement (yeah wishful thinking, I know), it should be able to give a "fairer" indication for those who cannot finish the song due to dc. Since when compared to people who only dl the song and quit after 5s of game start, they will have extremely low AP% when compared to DC'er and occasional quitter.

EDIT: If AP% is too hard to implement, I guess an "Average Progress (Time in Song)" will work too. But I'm not a coder, I don't know if this is possible either.
XPJ38
This idea is valid, but yeah, it could bring some discrimination. Better use "Force Start Game" in case one takes a long time to download and doesn't answer to "%?" questions.

Oinari-sama wrote:

I'm just wondering, will it be a lot of extra work (or at all possible) to display an "Average Progress % in Multi-player" stats? If I abbreviate that to AP%, for someone who always finish the song he will get 100% AP%. Someone who always quit mid song will get 50%, and those who play for 5s and quit will get only 1%-ish.
This could be possible for supporters downloading maps with osu!direct, but for non-supporters, this is virtually impossible (would require at least integration with every major browsers and downloaders...).
Oinari-sama

XPJ38 wrote:

This idea is valid, but yeah, it could bring some discrimination. Better use "Force Start Game" in case one takes a long time to download and doesn't answer to "%?" questions.

Oinari-sama wrote:

I'm just wondering, will it be a lot of extra work (or at all possible) to display an "Average Progress % in Multi-player" stats? If I abbreviate that to AP%, for someone who always finish the song he will get 100% AP%. Someone who always quit mid song will get 50%, and those who play for 5s and quit will get only 1%-ish.
This could be possible for supporters downloading maps with osu!direct, but for non-supporters, this is virtually impossible (would require at least integration with every major browsers and downloaders...).
Oh I just realised that the way I phrase it is ambiguous. The AP% was referring to the average progress % a player spend on playing songs before they quit the song. So for someone who always finish playing the entire song he'll get 100% AP%. I couldn't think of a better phrase when I made that reply.

I'll edit my previous post to make it clearer.

EDIT: done.
Big and Busty
1 - This is not dota
2 - Force start
CruzadoqL

Big and Busty wrote:

1 - This is not dota
2 - Force start
^ This
Metro
good idea