forum

Post your Artwork!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Critical Dude
>_< Welp! >_<
It is supposed to be a bit like a regular manga art style.
(Got a loooooooooooong way to go before I can do professional art like you guys.)
DeletedUser_4041880
Haven't posted here in a while

Kunieda
kaneki doodle :v (messy)
Pawsu
it's been like 5 years since i last posted here
ok

here i drew stuff

lunarblue

trying to draw a body~~~~
kirueggy

lunarblue wrote:

>trying

more like succeeding so much you're starting over
lunarblue

kirukashi wrote:

lunarblue wrote:

>trying

more like succeeding so much you're starting over
i dont have much drawing skills

just being started since liking these boys stuffs
Mist
deleted
Birdy

EclMist wrote:

Learning to draw digitally and this is where I'm currently~

What do you mean with learning? Unless you've done traditional drawings for some years, there's no way you're just learning if you manage to do stuff like this.
DeletedUser_4041880

Static Noise Bird wrote:

What do you mean with learning? Unless you've done traditional drawings for some years, there's no way you're just learning if you manage to do stuff like this.
Even if they've been drawing traditionally for years upon years, learning to draw digitally will take a good while. Either he/she's extremely fucking lucky with learning, or they're lying just to brag about being good.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

If you don't believe me then go and try drawing digitally. It is a lot easier than traditional drawing. The trick is to analyse work that inspires you and break it down trying to replicate the effect. It may look complicated but once you break it down its not that difficult to replicate it. Watching many speedpaint videos also helps significantly.
It varies from person to person on if drawing digitally is easier compared to traditional. It isn't the same for every god damn artist. When you said it's a lot easier compared to drawing traditionally, it's from only your perspective.

Replicating an artist's artstyle isn't going to help you in the future. You'll eventually develop your own artstyle though it can possibably include hints of your favorite artist's artstyle that influenced it. Maybe it's just something small like the corners of the mouth or the angle of the eyes, anything. Trying to exactly copy an artstyle is a waste of time. You're better off developing your own unique one.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

Frostei wrote:

It varies from person to person on if drawing digitally is easier compared to traditional.
Ah, you've just proven my point, because
Even if they've been drawing traditionally for years upon years, learning to draw digitally will take a good while.
was what you said. That is rather hypocritical.

Also, regarding the issue of replicating an artist's art style, you're right in the sense that it is better to develop your own art style. However, it is not a waste of time to replicate good artworks. Perhaps you have misinterpreted the word "replicate", or I was not clear enough, but analyzing good pieces is definitely not useless. It helps you identify and learn the factors that the artwork has that make you like it, and thus being able to apply it into your own works. This applies not just to art.

Replicating an artist's artstyle isn't going to help you in the future.
Even though this statement is nowhere near correct, many of us here, including me, are hobbyist, therefore does not apply regardless.
I said it varies per person on "IF" drawing digitally would be easier. I never flat out said that it'll be harder nor easier. Just that it varies for everyone.

Why not just draw everything in your own artstyle and incorporate the things you like from your favorite artist's artstyle? It's just baffles me why anyone would try to draw anything in the exact same artstyle compared to drawing in their own.

Would you rather be praised for your art that isn't even in your own artstyle, or art that you used your own style on?
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

Frostei wrote:

I said it varies per person on "IF" drawing digitally would be easier. I never flat out said that it'll be harder nor easier. Just that it varies for everyone.

Why not just draw everything in your own artstyle and incorporate the things you like from your favorite artist's artstyle? It's just baffles me why anyone would try to draw anything in the exact same artstyle compared to drawing in their own.

Would you rather be praised for your art that isn't even in your own artstyle, or art that you used your own style on?
You reply as if you haven't even read my post.

I do not disagree with your statement. The difficulty of drawing digitally compared to traditionally may only seem easier from my perspective. That I do not lie. I guess you didn't understand what it meant when I called you a hypocrite?

I give up. Please re-read my original reply.
I'd rather fap to birds shitting on cars than to re read it.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880
You could've always just let the comments slide by and went on with life, or do you not like being criticized?

Edit: We both have our own god damn opinions alright? Just let this end
Mist
deleted
Birdy

Frostei wrote:

It varies from person to person on if drawing digitally is easier compared to traditional.
I can't draw shit digitally. I can't draw shit traditionally either, but at least it's slightly easier, and with "better" results.
RBRat3
I find it interesting when someone says not to copy such & such since I myself get immense enjoyment out of replicating, reproducing, copying (what ever you want to call it) another artists work over producing my own. Fact of the matter I copy more shit than produce original content and I love it and what's sad about it is that I sink more time into them than my own work :D

Just to elaborate yes you could say what I do are direct copies but they aren't without reason usually they meet a certain criteria like lack original stocks, left un-colored, done in pencil, Shit linework, shit resolution... There's just something I'm not happy with.
spongypuppet
D:
Always cartoonish. (How can I make it so that it isn't cartoonish?)

This is my attempt to make a chibi.
(Reminds me of Hibiya-kun).
KaNoir
deadbeat
O_O
those drawings are really good
TheNekoNextDoor

crowblack666 wrote:

ummm, os okay i post my drawing right?

Oh my gosh. You should become a manga artist. (That's my life dream btw)
YOU. ARE. SO. TALENTED.
Raiken-

crowblack666 wrote:

w0w such skills.
You're good at drawing, if you ask me which drawing is my favorite of those.. I'll answer all.
OMG SO DETAILED, OMG THOSE LINES.
Is that IRL drawing? Looks so awesome.
sbstratos79
just some random drawings.:P
Lightea
You don't have to, but any feedback would be appreciated :)

A few of my fan art, trying to practice digital!

Mist
deleted
Wind Art
So, I decided to share my one of my drawings too :)

SPOILER
My Osu! mascot :D
SilverRA_Wolf
Well, i think i just Share it Anyway~

Furry... Raise a PAW! (?) XD #Slapped
SPOILER

My OC Cosplay ORB Uniform from Anime Gundam Seed and Destiny :)
Jazz

crowblack666 wrote:

these are really good holy shit

unfinished drawing
spongypuppet

Still cartoon-ish. Some improvements though.
The clothes definitely didn't improve. I like how it turned out though.
I forgot to do the highlights thing for the hair.
Kyonko Hizara
Kyandiix96
I drew this awhile ago. It's Fem!Japan from Hetalia / Nyotalia .. I'm still trying to improve on digital art XD :oops:
DeletedUser_4041880

Scribble from yesterday night. Kinda like this artstyle compared to my normal one
Kyandiix96

Wind Art wrote:

So, I decided to share my one of my drawings too :)

SPOILER
My Osu! mascot :D
omg! How so you do such fine lines!?
Kyandiix96

Frostei wrote:

Scribble from yesterday night. Kinda like this artstyle compared to my normal one
I love this yo! :3 -watching u on DA-
Kyonko Hizara
Squigly from Skullgirls and Sucy from LWA

They seem oddly fitting together. Not sure if I should just pencil it all in or go for fully colouring it
Tako
show more