posted
Total Posts
show more
DeletedUser_4041880

[- Nightmare -] wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Nightmare stealing works once again.
Okay I may have stole that piece of work but what else have I ever stole? :o
Instead of stealing artwork and trying to claim it as your own, go make your own god damn ones. Would you like it if you posted up a drawing that took serveral hours to finish- only to find that someone took it and tries to claim it as their own? Obviously not. I mean, it's sorta alright if you repost artwork of others (depending on the person, this may change), but not if you claim it.

TD;LR: Stealing artwork is retarded. Learn to draw and polish up whatever little art skills you have- if you have any at all.
Miyu

[- Nightmare -] wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Nightmare stealing works once again.
Okay I may have stole that piece of work but what else have I ever stole? :o
Not not not nice at all..

theowest wrote:

Original content, so no rage comics, photography or shitty off-topic posts.
So post any good drawing of yours, fan-art, sculptures, origami, paintings, amazing photoshop artwork, simply anything we might find visually pleasing.
Feel free to give constructive feedback to posts and give support to artists.
DeletedUser_4041880

This isn't my usual artstyle but it was for my art class. The teacher wanted us to draw something colorful

Also posted on my DA account
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
I'm quite bad at this, but here are a few origami that I made:

(^^)v
Kunieda
WindFleuret
Hey! First time posting here and im happy there is such forum here cuz my drawings get no views ;(

Anyway, check out my latest painting (from this morning):

http://windfleuret.deviantart.com/
Granger
So i made a thing or two... Oponions? Ideas to improve?

kanonpluem
ARTTTT
ALTKID
How to make things better..

WindFleuret

AllRiseSilver wrote:

Well, here is how: Make more solid and smooth lines first, then add solid colors and after that add the shadows on top of the solid colors. I mean, make the clothing like RED ONLY, BLUE ONLY and after that on top of it add the darker colors. :)
Arvess

AllRiseSilver wrote:

It looks like your lineart is a scanned drawing which is over-contrasted. Just like what WindFleuret says, first and foremost fix your lines. Do this by re-tracing your picture in SAI, PS, or whatever program you're using. Coloring will be much easier after that.

Well, that aside, here's my latest drawing. My favorite girl from No Game No Life~ :D

georgegu

Granger wrote:

So i made a thing or two... Oponions? Ideas to improve?

It's really good! Keep up the good work :)
The Winner Man

asakuraShinji wrote:

Well, that aside, here's my latest drawing. My favorite girl from No Game No Life~ :D
God damn that's nice
Miyu

asakuraShinji wrote:

AllRiseSilver wrote:

It looks like your lineart is a scanned drawing which is over-contrasted. Just like what WindFleuret says, first and foremost fix your lines. Do this by re-tracing your picture in SAI, PS, or whatever program you're using. Coloring will be much easier after that.

<3 i even saw this on my news feed in a fb fan page i follow
Arvess

The Winner Man wrote:

God damn that's nice
Thanks~ :D

Miyu wrote:

<3 i even saw this on my news feed in a fb fan page i follow
Yeah, I saw some too, and got quite surprised because of that... ( ; ̄▽ ̄)
spongypuppet
This one's suppose to be for a game project of mine but, well, cancelled, which is not really surprising as I get distracted from every project I start (and results in it being put in the abandon land).

StarAshx
WOW! Everyone's so pro here ^^
So I would like to share some drawings I made about 4 years ago too :oops: ^^
I dunno how to scan but oh well, I screenshot xD I also dont find time drawing anymore x_x

Pikachu<3
Secretpipe
Chuuuu~
CreedyFox
So... This is were all the cool kids hang ok i can work with that :) posting some wallpapers that i made in PS if u like it or want one just send me a messenger with all the detail and i send u the Finnish one and from there u can modify it

Bweh
Here's a few, I guess
RBRat3
Compressor blades because why not...

Critical Dude
>_< Welp! >_<
It is supposed to be a bit like a regular manga art style.
(Got a loooooooooooong way to go before I can do professional art like you guys.)
DeletedUser_4041880
Haven't posted here in a while

Kunieda
kaneki doodle :v (messy)
Pawsu
it's been like 5 years since i last posted here
ok

here i drew stuff

lunarblue

trying to draw a body~~~~
kirueggy

lunarblue wrote:

>trying

more like succeeding so much you're starting over
lunarblue

kirukashi wrote:

lunarblue wrote:

>trying

more like succeeding so much you're starting over
i dont have much drawing skills

just being started since liking these boys stuffs
Mist
deleted
Birdy

EclMist wrote:

Learning to draw digitally and this is where I'm currently~

What do you mean with learning? Unless you've done traditional drawings for some years, there's no way you're just learning if you manage to do stuff like this.
DeletedUser_4041880

Static Noise Bird wrote:

What do you mean with learning? Unless you've done traditional drawings for some years, there's no way you're just learning if you manage to do stuff like this.
Even if they've been drawing traditionally for years upon years, learning to draw digitally will take a good while. Either he/she's extremely fucking lucky with learning, or they're lying just to brag about being good.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

If you don't believe me then go and try drawing digitally. It is a lot easier than traditional drawing. The trick is to analyse work that inspires you and break it down trying to replicate the effect. It may look complicated but once you break it down its not that difficult to replicate it. Watching many speedpaint videos also helps significantly.
It varies from person to person on if drawing digitally is easier compared to traditional. It isn't the same for every god damn artist. When you said it's a lot easier compared to drawing traditionally, it's from only your perspective.

Replicating an artist's artstyle isn't going to help you in the future. You'll eventually develop your own artstyle though it can possibably include hints of your favorite artist's artstyle that influenced it. Maybe it's just something small like the corners of the mouth or the angle of the eyes, anything. Trying to exactly copy an artstyle is a waste of time. You're better off developing your own unique one.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

Frostei wrote:

It varies from person to person on if drawing digitally is easier compared to traditional.
Ah, you've just proven my point, because
Even if they've been drawing traditionally for years upon years, learning to draw digitally will take a good while.
was what you said. That is rather hypocritical.

Also, regarding the issue of replicating an artist's art style, you're right in the sense that it is better to develop your own art style. However, it is not a waste of time to replicate good artworks. Perhaps you have misinterpreted the word "replicate", or I was not clear enough, but analyzing good pieces is definitely not useless. It helps you identify and learn the factors that the artwork has that make you like it, and thus being able to apply it into your own works. This applies not just to art.

Replicating an artist's artstyle isn't going to help you in the future.
Even though this statement is nowhere near correct, many of us here, including me, are hobbyist, therefore does not apply regardless.
I said it varies per person on "IF" drawing digitally would be easier. I never flat out said that it'll be harder nor easier. Just that it varies for everyone.

Why not just draw everything in your own artstyle and incorporate the things you like from your favorite artist's artstyle? It's just baffles me why anyone would try to draw anything in the exact same artstyle compared to drawing in their own.

Would you rather be praised for your art that isn't even in your own artstyle, or art that you used your own style on?
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880

EclMist wrote:

Frostei wrote:

I said it varies per person on "IF" drawing digitally would be easier. I never flat out said that it'll be harder nor easier. Just that it varies for everyone.

Why not just draw everything in your own artstyle and incorporate the things you like from your favorite artist's artstyle? It's just baffles me why anyone would try to draw anything in the exact same artstyle compared to drawing in their own.

Would you rather be praised for your art that isn't even in your own artstyle, or art that you used your own style on?
You reply as if you haven't even read my post.

I do not disagree with your statement. The difficulty of drawing digitally compared to traditionally may only seem easier from my perspective. That I do not lie. I guess you didn't understand what it meant when I called you a hypocrite?

I give up. Please re-read my original reply.
I'd rather fap to birds shitting on cars than to re read it.
Mist
deleted
DeletedUser_4041880
You could've always just let the comments slide by and went on with life, or do you not like being criticized?

Edit: We both have our own god damn opinions alright? Just let this end
Mist
deleted
show more